Join Gretsch-Talk Today

T-Armonds in a Ric 330/360?

Discussion in 'The Pickup Place' started by Flynnski, Aug 28, 2017.

1. Flynnski

Flynnski Country Gent

Apr 14, 2009
    Cheltenham UK
    Howdy.

Anybody put TVJ T-Armonds in their Rickenbacker 330/360? :cool:

2. Gretschtim1

Gretschtim1 Country Gent

Dec 4, 2012
    Dundalk, Md
    I've never felt the need to change them.
    I bought my 330 to get that classic Rickenbacker sound - otherwise I would not of bought the guitar.
    Ricks aren't the best guitar to play feel wise but when you want that one classic sound you've got to have a Rick to get it.
    T-armonds are great in Gretsch & Guild guitars - I don't know what they would sound like in a 330.
    I imagine a thicker, darker sound which for me would go against what I want a Rick to sound like.
    You sure have me wondering though...:).

Flynnski likes this.
  3. Flynnski

Flynnski Country Gent

Apr 14, 2009
    Cheltenham UK
    I love the high gain bridge and middle positions in my 360. But the neck pup is a wee bit too bassy/vanilla sounding. Thought of
    replacing it with a toaster. Then thst got me thinking about a T-Armond.

4. DaddyDog

DaddyDog Country Gent

Sep 18, 2011
    Mississauga, Canada
    I finally decided to play in the middle position all the time, and just use the master tone for adjustments.

Gretschtim1 and Flynnski like this.
  5. Gretschtim1

Gretschtim1 Country Gent

Dec 4, 2012
    Dundalk, Md
    That's how I do it too.
    I love that balance knob.
    I often thought about putting one on my Telly.

Flynnski likes this.
  6. NickGretsch

NickGretsch Synchromatic

Aug 30, 2011
    Cornwall, England
    I was initially underwhelmed with the sound I was getting from my 660-12 (didn't go down too well on the official Rick site hahaha)

That is until I bought a Janglebox. And it was a case of 'bingo'....nailing the sound I'd been trying to get. The one I have is the Byrds Ltd. Edition, fantastic.

7. allmodcons

allmodcons Electromatic

Oct 9, 2008
    Halfmoon Bay,B.C.
    I had a JangleBox,and wish I didnt sell it....! Sounds great with a Ric,for sure. I have been looking for one lately---pricey though...

8. allmodcons

allmodcons Electromatic

Oct 9, 2008
    Halfmoon Bay,B.C.
    I would be more inclined to think that a Rickenbacker Hi-Gain pickup installed in a Gretsch would be the way to go. I think those HiGains are the best pickups out there.And T-Armonds are great....