Synchromatic Wooden Bridge

Discussion in 'Gretsch "Roots" Acoustic Forum' started by vsachha, Dec 3, 2019.

1. vsachha

vsachha Newbie

Dec 3, 2019
    Atlanta, GA
    Hello G-T,
    I am not new to Gretsch but I am new to this forum, so thank you all for having me.
    I have had this beautiful G100CE archtop guitar sitting around as an ornament in my home for a while due to the fact that the rosewood bridge has been cut up by the high E string, causing it to sit about half its normal distance from the B string. After visiting their website and speaking with them on the phone, I have learned that Gretsch does not sell the individual part. So, I am looking for tips/suggestions on suitable replacements for the bridge. Will any archtop bridge do? I have seen a few on StewMac but they are unslotted and I do not necessarily have the equipment or know-how to slot it myself. Should I just try to have the bridge repaired? I am new to archtop guitars and would appreciate any guidance you can offer. Thanks!

[​IMG]

Andrew Griffin likes this.
  2. audept

audept Senior Gretsch-Talker

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    Welcome to the forum, vsachha ! Someone more knowledgeable than I should be along soon to offer some advice!
    welcome mat 19.jpg

vsachha likes this.
  3. audept

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
  4. GreTschocaster

GreTschocaster Gretschie

Feb 11, 2013
    Canada
    I bought this for a project that never got off the ground. You can PM me if you are interested.
    20191203_192800.jpg

5. wabash slim

wabash slim Gretschified

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    Howdy! welcome to the asylum!

I'd look into the one from Stew Mac. A set of files aren't that expensive, and there's plenty of info on YouTube. Stew Mac's Dan McErlwine (sp?) ought to have an online lesson that could help you.

6. vsachha

vsachha Newbie

Dec 3, 2019
    Atlanta, GA
    Well, I will be getting what looks to be the exact original bridge from user GreTshocaster. Thanks for all your thoughtful responses! honestly wasn't expecting to find a solution so fast (within 20 minutes, wow). The internet is amazing sometimes.

wabash slim and audept like this.
  7. audept

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    The internet is crap, but the members on this forum are exceptional. It's an island of help, support and respect in a sea of faeces!

hcsterg and new6659 like this.
  8. vsachha

vsachha Newbie

Dec 3, 2019
    Atlanta, GA
    Glad to have found it!

audept likes this.
  9. wabash slim

wabash slim Gretschified

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    That bridge is a beauty! G-T is the best!

vsachha likes this.
  10. slickfaster

slickfaster Synchromatic

Dec 29, 2009
    USA
    My URB had same problem and bass bridges are expensive. An application of baking soda and crazy glue will fill the slot.
    1. Protect area around bridge with two old towels or t shirt.
    2. Pat a small dash of baking soda in the low string slot. Wipe excess with finger to leave powder only in slot.
    3. With newly cut tip, small shot tube of crazy glue, put a droplet onto baking soda.
    This will harden and fill the slot.
    Repeat process if needed.
    Wait couple hours... fit string.
    You can file if you over filled slot..
    Or reapply if too low..
    Practicing on a slotted popsicle stick is a good way to understand the procedure.
    It works!

vsachha and new6659 like this.
  11. JC higgy

JC higgy Friend of Fred

Jun 6, 2008
    Belfast Norn Iron
    Welcome to GT vsachha!

vsachha likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice