Sweetwater January Clearance Sale

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by drmilktruck, Jan 1, 2019.

1. audept

audept Senior Gretsch-Talker

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    Sweetwater has some good deals but their shipping costs to Australia are ridiculous. I don't think it's necessary for them to book a first class seat to Australia just to strap a guitar into it. :eek::eek::eek:

johnny g likes this.
  2. MartyT

MartyT Gretschie

Apr 8, 2010
    Mount Laurel, NJ
    Nothing but good experiences for me. My rep is Marshall Oliver. He's outstanding. I'd much rather buy from SW than MF or GC. No contest.

MotorCentaur likes this.
  3. swivel

swivel Synchromatic

May 13, 2018
    PNW
    Sweetwater seems fine to me. And ... I get candy!

4. Geezer1950

Geezer1950 Electromatic

Nov 20, 2018
    here
    SW is ok by me---not always the best price, but otherwise very good and very helpful--and besides they send me candy too.................................

drmilktruck likes this.
  5. Merc

Merc Synchromatic

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    What’s all this candy I keep hearing about? Extra strings or a shirt?

drmilktruck likes this.
  6. gretscher09

gretscher09 Electromatic

Apr 18, 2009
    USA
    Literally a package of candy - could be a mixture of fireballs, tootsie rolls, etc.

drmilktruck and Merc like this.
  7. Merc

Merc Synchromatic

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    Thanks. Maybe I’ll put some candy in the box the next time I sell something on Reverb.

MotorCentaur and gretscher09 like this.
  8. Geezer1950

Geezer1950 Electromatic

Nov 20, 2018
    here
    That reminds me......I should tell my guy there nix on the fireballs from now on:eek:

9. T Bone

T Bone Country Gent

Always gottern good service from them. They are not always competitive on price, but do see some occasional good deals. Also I get zero percent financing on a lot of stuff with their card.

10. Roger49

Roger49 Country Gent

Feb 18, 2015
    Germany
    Sweetwater here or Sweetwater there, why is a Fender American Standard, which is definitely not a cheap guitar, allowed to leave the factory in that state?
    I own an MIM strat as does my son and I've played a few MIM Teles and they were all beautifully made and decently set up so does Fender USA have the Gibson QC problem?
    And another guitar, again American standard, leaves the factory with a position dot with raised edge? The blue Tele was 2 years old it would seem so perhaps these lapses in QC are not a new phenomenon.

11. johnny g

johnny g Synchromatic

Sep 2, 2017
    union, ms
    A tad high with prices but services are great. Love their little mag. lot of good info.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice