Sweetwater January Clearance Sale

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by drmilktruck, Jan 1, 2019.

1. drmilktruck

drmilktruck Gretschified

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    If you still have holiday money burning a hole in your pocket, Sweetwater is having their clearance sale.

Here's the Gretsch stuff:

https://www.sweetwater.com/dealzone...I6WyI0XC81ODkiXSwiQnJhbmQiOlsiR3JldHNjaCJdfX0

section2 and BorderRadio like this.
  2. loudnlousy

loudnlousy Friend of Fred

Oct 18, 2015
    Hildesheim, Germany
    Not all too tempting since seeing the prices at the Adorama blow-out.

T Bone, Lionpotato and Merc like this.
  3. Winterwind

Winterwind Gretschie

Dec 17, 2018
    London, Ontario
    What are people's experiences with SW? They seem to get critiqued pretty hard at TGP.

4. kjmac

kjmac Gretschie

Mar 7, 2018
    Omaha, NE
    I have had great experiences at SW. My go to guy there is Dave Brow. Once you get established with one of their team, you can go directly to them and over time you really develop a great relationship. His direct number is:

Apparently they sold out of the Candy Red G5622Ts that they had for $500.00.

5. drmilktruck

drmilktruck Gretschified

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    That was my thought too.

6. drmilktruck

drmilktruck Gretschified

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    I’ve bought several things from them. Very friendly and helpful.

7. BuddieGreen

BuddieGreen Gretschie

Sep 3, 2018
    indiana usa
    i live not far from SW and have nothing but good things to say about them. kids love the candy they put the in box of anything they ship :)

8. dak55

dak55 Synchromatic

May 31, 2018
    Mills River NC
    Never had a problem with them and they have always been helpful and quite friendly.

thunder58 likes this.
  9. unknown fan

unknown fan Electromatic

Aug 7, 2018
    Tn
    It's been my experience that SW focuses on customer service above all else.

Ando, MotorCentaur and section2 like this.
  10. Merc

Merc Synchromatic

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    I’ve never bought a guitar from them. Here’s a fairly recent vid from Philip McKnight on a Sweetwater inspection that didn’t go so well. Maybe it was a fluke but the action was so high it was unplayable. However they did take it back without issue as a return.

11. TSims1

TSims1 Friend of Fred

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta

Hmm. I think he got a bad one. Don’t know why.......

I’ve always had pretty good luck with SW. In fact, my agent usually has the guitars set up for me before they ship. All I’ve ever had to do is some very minor adjustments(as is to be expected)and that’s it. Honestly, though it’s not ideal........what he is experiencing wouldn’t take more than 5-10 minutes to tweak to satisfaction. And since I’m particular about my setups as well, even if it’s in the ballpark......I still know full well I’ll have to take it all the way there myself.

Robbie likes this.
  12. not_man_davo

not_man_davo Gretschie

Feb 13, 2015
    tejas
    This has always been my experience as well. Everything I've ever gotten from them has been totally playable upon delivery, and I have no reason to believe that will change in the future. Everyone's entitled to a bad day though, so I'm willing to cut anyone some slack where needed.

13. CaliforniaSlim

CaliforniaSlim Gretschie

Jul 21, 2016
    +1 for excellent service. I have ordered a few things from them with zero problems and decent set up on guitar before it arrived. I particularly like that you can see pics of the actual guitar you are ordering and have the option to choose among a few. Though I never call my rep back, he always calls to make sure item arrived and in good condition.

14. Merc

Merc Synchromatic

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    It could be it got overlooked somehow. I imagine the September 2018 time frame was not too busy since it was before the holiday. Unless it was a clueless new hire before the season. I would expect to do minor adjustments due to playing taste but 1/4” action is really far off and unplayable.

Maybe they ensure to provide more attention to detail for repeating customers who have an agent. I really thought I’d post so that someone who doesn’t do their own adjustments might be prepared to spend a little extra for a good local setup, despite the point inspection thing. So I’m not knocking SW down. They did take his return without issue. I do like they post the guitar weight as well.

15. section2

section2 Synchromatic

Dec 21, 2016
    Toronto
    I've always had great customer service experiences from Sweetwater. I once ordered a $12 clip-on tuner and got a personal follow-up call from my rep to make sure I was happy with it. Great shop.

16. 5120mantis

5120mantis Country Gent

Mar 6, 2011
    nj
  17. Just-Joshin-Ya

Just-Joshin-Ya Gretschie

Nov 23, 2017
    WV
    Sweetwater is Top notch imho they have treated me great since my first amp a JC-120 in 1997 with the money I saved from basic training!

MKunie likes this.
  18. Merc

Merc Synchromatic

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    MKunie likes this.
  19. PDMan

PDMan Electromatic

Dec 26, 2016
    Nashville, TN
    Same here. Always good service with Sweetwater.

20. thunder58

thunder58 I Bleed Orange

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    I like the candy ......

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice