SURVEY : how many Lefty Guitar Player members are we ?

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by hcsterg, May 11, 2019.

I am a Lefty Player...

1. ... A true one, appearing exactly like a Right-Handed in a mirror...

92.9%
  2. ... A reversed one, with reversed strings, à la Otis Rush, Dick Dale...

7.1%
  1. StrayCat

StrayCat Newbie

Aug 12, 2011
    Yes. Nice one indeed. There are some models that simply scream to be made for left handed. I noticed that left handed are treated differently also when it comrs to the models that are available for left handed like G5420. If you want the black one you get basic version while for right handed you’ve got Bigsby added and you even have all golden hardware option which is irritating. Also G5422 double cutaway models are only right handed. Why wouldn’t they think about G5422LH?

2. hcsterg

hcsterg Country Gent

Feb 13, 2012
    France
    Honestly, I think that Gretsch is one of the well-known brands to have initiated a great effort for LH players. Now others big brands are following the movement, discovering - yes ! - that there is a forgotten and non-negligible market for Lefty players...

But OK, I agree that there's much to be done !

Newcomers like Eastwood Guitars (you surely know them, as you are LH like me ;)) makes numerous very interesting and unusual LH models, for example...

https://eastwoodguitars.com/collections/left-handed

Look at this one, notably :

[​IMG]

https://eastwoodguitars.com/collections/left-handed/products/sidejack-pro-dlx-lh

Think that in France, in the late 70s-early 80s, a Lefty guitar was as non-existent as unsellable... So in Dec. 1980, while being a student, when I saw that 1980 ES-335TD 2nd hand, I borrowed money to my parents to acquire her... And she's still with me - my 1st guitar even owned :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A+!

Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
    Nubs and StrayCat like this.
  3. StrayCat

StrayCat Newbie

Aug 12, 2011
    I like that ES335. I bet it sounds wondeful. I agree - it’s getting better for lefties these days but there is still something to be done by big players. I also think Gretsch is doing better job than the others. The spot where they should improve is I think double cutaway models where LH are almost non-existent.

hcsterg likes this.
  4. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    :pI’m only left handed when my left check needs a scratch. Does that count?

:)

hcsterg likes this.
  5. hcsterg

hcsterg Country Gent

Feb 13, 2012
    France
    No, it doesn't count. :D;)

13 declared members Left-Hand players : not so bad... :cool:

A+!

Bertotti likes this.
  6. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    I remember reading something that stated Japan had a very high percentage of lefties. I do not know if that's true and when I was stationed there I didn't notice that. Same with China and Korea, I just never paid any attention to whether someone was a lefty or not. I do however wonder how true it is.

7. MTurner

MTurner Friend of Fred

Aug 17, 2010
    Clayton, North Carolina, USA
    My oldest is a lefty. We were told that she was a twin in utero, and something happened to the other baby very early in the pregnancy. We were also told later that a lot of lefties had been one of two whose twin didn't make it.

Anybody else ever heard that? Does that ring any medical bells, @drmilktruck ?

8. Henry

Henry Gretschified

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    You heard it here folks, lefties are really siblicidal cannibals!

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
    MTurner likes this.
  9. Nubs

Nubs Newbie

Sep 10, 2019
    Houston, TX
    New here & a true lefty too. Casted my vote.

Don't wanna hijack but I also run the lefty guitarists sub-reddit. If you're interested, stop on by!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice