Suggestions Please Pedal Order with my new Mystery Brain

Discussion in 'Pedal Pushers Forum' started by rcboals, Sep 9, 2019.

1. rcboals

rcboals Country Gent

Nov 21, 2008
    Springfield Oregon
    I went and done it!! Tavo is sending me a new Mystery Brain this week.
    OK pedal order experts suggestions please
    Please give me some pedal order options with my pedals when you have some spare time :) I would like to keep them in a straight line with my 24" pedal board. Which of these pedals to eliminate or keep to stay 24"?
    The Deluxe plus pedal at the end is a Spring Reverb with Tremolo
    Mystery Brain, with which pedals I have now?

Attached Files:

Merc likes this.
  2. BorderRadio

BorderRadio Country Gent

Mar 6, 2014
    Phoenix, AZ
    Makes me sad to say/hear it but you have to ditch the DM-3 by default. Do you really need a compressor? I don't, so that would be next.

Tuner > MB--insert DC--MB > EQ > Chorus > Reverb

3. rcboals

rcboals Country Gent

Nov 21, 2008
    Springfield Oregon
    Not sure what "MB--insert DC--MB" means exactly

this maybe MB, DC, EQ, Chorus, Reverb?

4. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    You’re going to love it.

The newer MB’s have an effects loop jack on the left side that enables you to place pedals between the Pre and the echo. That’s where I placed my DC as well. I use a Hosa cable for mine that works great for the loop. Nocturne sells a high end cable as well.

mandobandit and BorderRadio like this.
  5. Ricochet

Ricochet I Bleed Orange

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    If it was me I'd ditch the Chorus(a no-brainer) and DM(surplus to needs). I would love to know the effect of the EQ looped into the MB. So maybe DC, MB(EQ in the loop), Trem/verb. MB after DC, cause I want more of that Pre-amp magic.

Merc likes this.
  6. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    Here’s what I used for my loop.

8EDCD22E-C345-43DF-B6F3-C50B0FDE9700.png

mandobandit likes this.
  7. rcboals

rcboals Country Gent

Nov 21, 2008
    Springfield Oregon
    Do you have a pic or simple drawing of how the cable works? I know mine has the jack on the side. What do you do with the three feet of this cable? Stuff like this makes my head hurt needs to be real simple for me. :) There doesn't seem to be any simple pics of this that I can find.

8. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    I can’t do a photo as I just sold my DC as a quick partial pay for my inbound El Pescadoro. Probably doesn’t make much sense in the long term as I plan on buying another DC in October. But Tavo said he didn’t plan on doing another run of the El Pesky before the holiday and was even debating about continuing the pedal. Back to it, I simply looped and zip tied the extra. @TV the Wired Turtle sells a quality one but I couldn’t find it on his site. Not sure the length he offers. But he’ll likely chime in.

Here’s an older thread where I explained the loop to someone else. It sounds more complicated than it is. But it did take me bit to figure it out.

http://www.gretsch-talk.com/threads...to-fx-loop-mystery-brain.193187/#post-1179533

9. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    Ah... found the link on the bottom of ordering the Mystery Brain over at Nocturne. I guess it’s made for Nocturne but sold at Sinasoid. The Hosa works fine for me. The good thing about the length you can easily reach whatever pedal you want in the loop easily.

https://www.sinasoid.com/product-p/rt-tnb-trsv-2r3s-gs4-np3rx-ssp.htm

As far as the thread topic I agree with whatever was stated to make pedal room. The DD would be redundant and would go. The Chorus and/or compressor would too. Unless you use it regularly for your material. You might be able to shift that tuner more to the top too. But then you might be dancing over other pedals.

10. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    Tuner, eq, MB, DC in the loop, effects after MB or after the DC. Also try it like this but with the DC after the MB and the other effects in the loop.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice