Streamliner G2655 Pot Size

Discussion in 'Streamliner Gretsch Forum' started by teamja, Feb 12, 2018.

1. teamja

teamja Electromatic

Feb 12, 2018
    Cedar, MI
    Hey Folks,

Long time poster over at TGP but now I'm reaching out to new friends. Long story short, I had to sell some gear due to buying a new house and having my first son, Waylon. I wouldn't change it for the world, but I do miss some of my gear.

I sold my number one, a well used and played Collings I35. I recently picked up a G2655 and love the neck and general vibe. I would like to install some Lollar low wind imperials and update the electronics while I'm at it.

Has anyone successfully fed a pre-wired harness through the pickup cavity using full size CTS pots. I've read people recommending mini pots. Just trying order right the first time!

Here's a harness I'm looking at....

https://reverb.com/item/4766113-920d-wiring-harness-for-gretsch-electromatic-w-quick-connect

Thanks in advance and great forum!

Jeff

2. MTurner

MTurner Friend of Fred

Aug 17, 2010
    Clayton, North Carolina, USA
    Jeff, I don’t know from nuthin’, but if it was me, I’d call TV Jones to see if they sell an appropriate harness. Why? Because you can talk to them and they will give you advice.

If I were uncertain (which I would be in your place), the ability to discuss my needs with someone knowledgable would be worth the premium I’d pay for their (reportedly excellent) products.

3. audept

audept Senior Gretsch-Talker

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    Welcome to the forum, Jeff!
    Welcome mat 56.jpg

1 person likes this.
  4. DavidLee

DavidLee Synchromatic

Oct 11, 2014
    Des Moines
    Anyone who names their son "Waylon" is alright in my book. Welcome! :cool:

larryb and pmac11 like this.
  5. Ricochet

Ricochet Gretschified

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    Welcome to the Gretsch-Talk!

6. MPF805

MPF805 Electromatic

Mar 5, 2018
    Ohio
    I’m not much help on your question, but welcome. What color 2655 did you get? I found a lovely CAR. Floor model, so I got an even better deal on it. Pic just don’t do it justice.

7. kjmac

kjmac Gretschie

Mar 7, 2018
    Omaha, NE
    I have a $300.00 Jet Club and it came with full size pots.

8. Calula

Calula Electromatic

Jul 28, 2017
    Portugal
    It's highly probable - if not sure thing - that full bodied pots will not fit in. Do notice that the pups housings are located inside the centre block - which is, in the Streamliner models, a trestle bracing. The pots must be pulled out (and the new ones pushed in) through small openings in the trestle connecting the pup cavities and the hollow body side...

PS: The Streamliners come stock with small body pots (B500K)

Davis Sharp likes this.