Stolen Guitars in So Cal

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by tdtom, May 21, 2019.

1. JeffreyLeePierre

JeffreyLeePierre Gretschie

Nov 11, 2018
    Paris, north down Montmartre hill
    Hummmm... Right, quite strange. He may be a partner in that robbery.

Kiddin'.
    When you're half in panic and fully out of breath, possibly you don't think of everything you should.

What's also important is to keep all picks securely locked, they vanish so quickly.

Yukimajo, sh4rkbyt3 and drmilktruck like this.
  2. drmilktruck

drmilktruck Gretschified

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    She knew enough to grab the most expensive, although may just have been a matter of looking at price tags. I agree about the case. Anyone buying an expensive vintage guitar should be suspicious if there's no case. Usually these kind of things are sold at pennies on the dollar. Happened at Willie's Guitars in St. Paul a few years ago. It was a smash and grab though. Smashed the door after hours, grabbed 4 guitars near the door. Never found them.

3. sh4rkbyt3

sh4rkbyt3 Gretschie

Mar 8, 2019
    Elkton, MD
    These cameras are better than many I've seen. With todays technology there's no excuse for crappy quality video that could save you a lot of money. I mean some are REALLY bad!

4. benjwri

benjwri Country Gent

Oct 27, 2011
    Central ON Can
    Really bad...pre meditated all the way. But I can tell you what's worse than this: to have your home broken into and your valuables and memorabilia stolen and pawned for drugs!

MotorCentaur likes this.
  5. speedicut

speedicut Friend of Fred

Jun 5, 2012
    Alabama
    Yep, they got my Ben Roethlisberger autographed football and the firearms I inherited from my father, along with a few Gretsch pro lines and my flat screen.
    Worse thing was, the cops didnt give a rip.
    That's why my valuables, including guitars, are locked up in a large safe.
    It sucks not being able to just pick a guitar up and play it...

benjwri likes this.
  6. LivingMyDream

LivingMyDream Country Gent

Interesting, I would have thought that recognition/tips would have been more frequent. I stand corrected, and thank you for the info.

7. johnny g

johnny g Synchromatic

Sep 2, 2017
    union, ms
    Some folks will do anything to play gig after their own guitars are stolen. Bad folks.

8. Scooter127

Scooter127 Gretschie

Feb 25, 2019
    USA
    I thought the same until I had a job that dealt with it.

Afterwards the company decreed "If you have a company laptop, lock it up at night or take it home with you." When I had to enforce that, one person said "Why? I thought we had the guy on camera." Sigh.

It was interesting that the stolen computers were limited to laptops used by the 3 executive administrative assistants we had and the one "tower" PC that was a server for the folks that dealt with facilities and properties.

Several months later the company was purchased by a larger company and I am 100% dead certain that company was behind the theft and they had help from someone on the inside. The thief walked straight up to where these computers were, no hunting around at all. In and out in about 2 minutes.

benjwri, Aristophon and LivingMyDream like this.
  9. Scooter127

Scooter127 Gretschie

Feb 25, 2019
    USA
    You're right, but my first thought was that the employee might be in on it however I'm a bit jaded when it comes to things people do to others.

benjwri likes this.
  10. audept

audept Senior Gretsch-Talker

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
  11. thunder58

thunder58 I Bleed Orange

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
  12. tdtom

tdtom Gretschie

Oct 26, 2018
    new zealand
    Great news. Interesting That this thread had the news for me, before I saw it in the LA Times. You guys are better than the news hubs that I follow.
    Cheers!

13. giffenf

giffenf Synchromatic

Oct 26, 2008
    Los Angeles
    When I was at GC in Seattle over the weekend, we were talking with the staff about their new location. They said, "We've already had our first break-in," almost proudly. Confused, we asked for details. To show that you don't have to be smart to be a thief, the perpetrators broke into this new store before they'd installed their bars and gates on the windows and doors. Then they took some microphones, easy to carry and pretty high-ticket, so far, so good. But then. They took them to the Redmond GC and tried to sell them back. And that's when they got caught.

MotorCentaur and panhead6zero like this.
  14. Scott Fraser

Scott Fraser Country Gent

Jan 14, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Well, if they had any brains they wouldn't be stealing stuff.

15. r0de0

r0de0 Gretschie

Jul 7, 2011
    Collingwood, ON Canada
    Meth: Not even once.

16. Jelly Roll Horton

Jelly Roll Horton Gretschie

Nov 10, 2017
    Portland, OR
    panhead6zero likes this.
  17. Sabato

Sabato Gretschie

Mar 22, 2019
    Massachusetts
    I think it shows that if they had any brains they wouldn't be running a business that way....

18. rob batz

rob batz Synchromatic

Apr 17, 2014
    Bristol ct.
    I was a crack head but I never stole! Just sayin

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice