Still waiting on a caddy green 6128.

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by mustanggt, Feb 14, 2018.

1. mustanggt

mustanggt Electromatic

Apr 24, 2017
    WA
    I gotta vent a bit. I ordered one from SW back in November and its been pushed back time and again. Suppose to be this week, now next week. Arrrgh. Slow boat from Japan.

2. DaddyDog

DaddyDog Country Gent

Sep 18, 2011
    Mississauga, Canada
    Not sure who SW is, but I don't like a retailer selling something they don't have. I won't buy from them.

3. Gretschman2

Gretschman2 Country Gent

Apr 8, 2013
    Enetai, WA
    Hope you get it soon, Sweetwater (SW) should pull through for you eventually, they've got a good reputation. Bought mine used from a music store in North Carolina. They were displaying it behind glass up until I bought it.

6128.jpg

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
    Andrew Griffin likes this.
  4. Synchro

Synchro The artist formerly known as: Synchro Staff Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Sorry Vista
    Admin Post
    It will be worth the wait.

audept, Willie D and Andrew Griffin like this.
  5. mustanggt

mustanggt Electromatic

Apr 24, 2017
    WA
    That's gorgeous. That's why I wanted it. It will complete my single coil guitar collection and give a lot of versitility. Love the twang.

Willie D likes this.
  6. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    SW is a good company and I haven't seen them sell anything they didn't have that wasn't labled as coming soon. At that point you know it is going to be a wait.

I hate waiting so I just don't order until it is in stock and even that wait drives me nuts!

That is a great looking guitar!

7. mustanggt

mustanggt Electromatic

Apr 24, 2017
    WA
    I knew it was going to be a limited run so I wanted to secure my place in line. Ive always liked doing business with them. Good customer service. Probably a fender/gretsch problem. After patiently waiting three months I have to ***** a little.

8. radd

radd Gretschie

Dec 27, 2017
    Santa cruz
    Sweetwater gives new meaning to case candy...yum.

SW has always treated me well, I have purchased guitars, amps and odds and ends from them, they will come through for you.

9. mustanggt

mustanggt Electromatic

Apr 24, 2017
    WA
    Now it won't be here till April. Driving me nuts.

10. 5420LH

5420LH Gretschie

Dec 7, 2017
    USA
    That’s ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Henry

Henry Gretschified

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    My sympathies. I am sure Sweetwater is not sitting on a pile guitars and laughing at your misery. They are waiting for gretsch to make em and ship em. If they told you March, it is because that's what they were told by gretsch. Sweetwater wants to move these and collect their margin/profit as much as you want this guitar! Patience little grasshopper. ;)

Tony65x55, mrfixitmi and audept like this.
  12. mrfixitmi

mrfixitmi Gretschie

Mar 20, 2010
    Michigan
    I sympathize with your pain, but it will be worth the wait. I ordered a Black Falcon from SW after visiting their store in Fort Wayne after my son's College Open House. We didn't want to pull the trigger at that time for financial reasons, but after a few weeks we called to order one...he decided on a lower cost College. They called back a few hours later, and said that they had some with box-rash, and they would polish out the scratches and give us a discount. We appreciated their honesty, but passed. They said that they should be able to obtain one from a warehouse...The warehouse was out. We had to wait for a shipment from the Terada factory. They could have sent us the original polished out one, and we may never known the difference. So as painful as the wait was, the guitar we received was perfect in every way. We also have a 6128TCG, and after replacing the wrist cutter bridge with a Compton, the tone is better than we could have imagined. I was taught that good things come to those who wait, and it held true for the Gretsch guitars. Good Luck, we hope that it ships quickly and carefully.

G DynaTron and Henry like this.
  13. EdwardsKim

EdwardsKim Gretschie

May 11, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    By the time you know it, it'll be April. Seriously. I can't believe we're almost a week into this damn month already.

14. Synchro

Synchro The artist formerly known as: Synchro Staff Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Sorry Vista
    Admin Post
    I had a similar situation when I bought my G6119-62. I waited a few months, but it was worth the wait.

15. mustanggt

mustanggt Electromatic

Apr 24, 2017
    WA
    I appreciate all the moral support fellas. If the original date was April I could accept it but gretsch keeps bumping it out. It's just become frustrating is all.

16. larryb

larryb Gretschified

Oct 29, 2012
    Greenville, SC
    duog.jpg

This was my very first Gretsch. I got it, then came aboard Gretsch-Talk to show it off.

It will be there soon, and you will love it!!

EdwardsKim and mrfixitmi like this.
  17. A-Zed

A-Zed Electromatic

Jun 15, 2017
    Canberra Australia
    My experience is somewhat similar. I ordered my 6609 in Sept last year and it arrived 13 Dec. That was delivery to my music shop here. Not SW of course. I thought it was time taken for manufacture but the dates inside the guitar had June written down. I guess it was a slow boat from Japan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. mustanggt

mustanggt Electromatic

Apr 24, 2017
    WA
    Yep. Real slow boat. ; )

19. Syncro

Syncro Electromatic

Jan 6, 2016
    East of Nashville
    You are going to love that guitar!
    The dyno equipped Jets are really cool and versatile.
    And Caddy Green....Sweet!

20. EdwardsKim

EdwardsKim Gretschie

May 11, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    I'm friggin GASSIN! Ugh. How did you like it? I'm still on the fence on whether or not I like Dynas.