Steak cuisson

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by michelb, May 14, 2020.

Tags:
  1. michelb

michelb Gretschie

Mar 27, 2020
    Belgium
    This weekend I made the best steak bearnaise of my short unexperienced life :eek:
    Nice marbled entrecote we got from a local guy I know, he has a breed of Belgian red mixed with Limousin.
    Animals are approx 400kg and about one year old.

So meat grilled in a closed BBQ for 4 min each side at 300°C, then next to the fire with a BBQ temp of 160°C for another 20-25 min.
    The steak was about 5cm thick and with these timings and temps I got a nice saignant (medium rare) cuisson and the fat was perfectly absorbed by the meat, very tender and juicy.
    Meat seasoning: pepper, garlic and Herbes de Provence.

When grilling make sure the flame doesn't get to the meat, nobody likes charred herbs.

[​IMG]

CousinWarsh, new6659, Jeff67 and 4 others like this.
  2. Ricochet

Ricochet I Bleed Orange

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    When posting an awesome guitar thread I don’t want to see a pic of a tree. Just saying... :)

Henry, Jeff67, BorderRadio and 2 others like this.
  3. michelb

michelb Gretschie

Mar 27, 2020
    Belgium
    Yea, the one time I don't take a picture of my steak it turns out to be the best one yet :( So I thought a picture of his cattle would be the next best thing :p

Henry, mbkri, drmilktruck and 2 others like this.
  4. lathoto

lathoto Electromatic

Apr 23, 2020
    Ohio
    Very interesting. What cut of meat did you grill by chance? How much longer at 160 F to get to medium well? I know, I'm asking for a friend. Thanks in advance.

benjwri and michelb like this.
  5. michelb

michelb Gretschie

Mar 27, 2020
    Belgium
    The 160°C is Metric so in °F it would be 320°F. My guess would be another 10 min tops?
    The cut was "entercote", "rib-eye" in english :p

Very important: Do not add salt to the meat before cooking. If you want salt, add it on your plate before eating or it sucks all the juices out of the meat and you can use it as a sole for your shoes.

Last edited: May 14, 2020
    Jeff67 and lathoto like this.
  6. Sabato

Sabato Country Gent

Mar 22, 2019
    Massachusetts
    My wife said that if I ever tried to raise any animals I'd keep 'em as pets. In fact, a guy I know once intended to raise a cow for beef. He said, our first mistake was giving it a name....

7. wabash slim

wabash slim Gretschified

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    I've heard many farmers say the same thing. If you give a critter a name, it becomes a pet.

michelb, Sabato and Jeff67 like this.
  8. michelb

michelb Gretschie

Mar 27, 2020
    Belgium
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice