STAY SICK!

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by calebaaron666, May 21, 2020.

1. calebaaron666

calebaaron666 Country Gent

Aug 15, 2018
    Portland, Maine
    I received my custom STAY SICK! truss rod cover from Quick Guards today for my personalized 6120 Poison Ivy tribute model.
    0F922C12-1D24-4A86-A895-DCE6C6FD6FC8.jpeg
    The 6120PI is officially finished!
    5AA98378-9CEE-4B1C-A897-7691AB668801.jpeg
    593EC123-EFFE-4B80-8355-F6CD24FC3BA8.jpeg
    28021611-76E2-4496-9962-0122AD7F5C19.jpeg

Thanks for looking!

2. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    Haha... a cool addition to the Ivy signature

Waxhead and calebaaron666 like this.
  3. BohemianLikeMe

BohemianLikeMe Gretschie

Apr 18, 2020
    Prague, CZ
  4. rob batz

rob batz Synchromatic

Apr 17, 2014
    Bristol ct.
  5. DennisC

DennisC Synchromatic

May 11, 2017
    Germany
    That is sick!

And cool. I may have to admit, I'm a bit jealous... A 6120 is out of reach currently ... but won't forever.

calebaaron666 likes this.
  6. panhead6zero

panhead6zero Synchromatic

Jan 17, 2015
    The Motor City
    Awesome Caleb! I am so tired of being told to stay safe that the timing of your post is perfect!! I use to race motocross, snow ski, snowboarded once, ridden Harleys for the last 30 years! In 2005 I flew combat missions in Iraq as a Flight Engineer! NOTHING IN LIFE IS SAFE!! There I said it! Thanks Caleb! I needed that! To Thunder: Hey Rich, hope this isn't over the top!

Waxhead and calebaaron666 like this.
  7. calebaaron666

Aug 15, 2018
    Portland, Maine
    Amen!
    The saying Stay Sick was coined by a Cleveland Ohio Horror movie host on black & white TV named Ghoulardi. He used to tell kids to hold their breath till they turned blue!! You could away with that back then. He’d sign off saying “Stay Sick! Turn blue!”
    The Cramps named their 1990 album “Stay Sick!” to both honor Ghoulardi and as a response to all the “do-gooders” in the corporate “Rock Music” world at the time talking about “we are the world” and “save the planet” and blah blah blah. It’s basically a call to arms to make Rock n’ Roll dirty and dangerous again. To put the “Roll” back in Rock n’ Roll!

And I agree, life isn’t safe! One of my favorite quotes is “a boat is safest while it’s docked, BUT that is not what a boat is for”.

8. Trash Kidd

Trash Kidd Country Gent

Dec 14, 2015
    London U.K.
    Wow that’s cool!!!!!!

9. mandobandit

mandobandit Gretschie

Apr 1, 2019
    Ohio
    I grew up with Goulardi aka Ernie Anderson

10. calebaaron666

Aug 15, 2018
    Portland, Maine
    Awesome. I wish I did!
    Fun fact, acclaimed film director Paul Thomas Anderson (Boogie Nights, There Will Be Blood) is his son!

11. Waxhead

Waxhead Country Gent

Aug 30, 2014
    Australia
    Ain't that the truth :D

I've climbed 7000 metre mountains, rock climbed on cliffs, ridden 8 metre waves, almost drowned x10, had close encounters with man eating sharks, descended down moutains on bicycles at 90 km/hr, been shot at and chased by banditos in Peru and recently survived a life threatening emergency operation.

I think having near death experiences is valuable - teaches you to live in the moment and appreciate how lucky you are to be alive with 2 arms, 2 legs and half a brain :eek::D

12. calebaaron666

Aug 15, 2018
    Portland, Maine
    Yeah, you know!
    Having been kissed on the cheek by death a few times myself has made me who I am.
    I’m proud to be a sicko and to have a sense of humor about the absurdity of reality.
    STAY SICK!

section2, Jeff67 and Waxhead like this.
  13. wabash slim

wabash slim Gretschified

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    Every TV region had a horror movie host. I grew up with Chicago's Svengoolie (whose character still lives on), and Indy had Sammy Terry. Elvira made it to the big time. SCTV's Count Floyd was similar to Sammy Terry---they copied the character of Death from the Ingmar Bergman movie, "The Seventh Seal". They mostly ran the sad B movies that were featured at the drive in, or, the old Universal horror films from the '30s. I loved the Vincent Price stuff from the '50s and '60s, and later, the British Hammer Horror series. Now, it's all jump scares and chop and slash gore.

14. calebaaron666

Aug 15, 2018
    Portland, Maine
    Oh yeah. I’ve made a point to learn the history. Zacherley was the original from the 50’s broadcasting in NY and Philly. He was proceeded only by Vampira in LA. Then there was Ghoulardi from 63-66 and Svengoolie started in 1970 I believe. Then of course there’s Elvira and Count Floyd. Those were the heavy hitters. There were more of course.

I grew up in the 80’s and 90’s so for me it was USA Up All Night with Rhonda Shear hosting on Fridays and Gilbert Godfrey on Saturdays.
    Then it was Joe Bob Briggs on TNT hosting MonserVision. Joe Bob was the best. He’s now made a comeback hosting movies on Friday nights thru the Shudder streaming service.

wabash slim and new6659 like this.
  15. JeffreyLeePierre

JeffreyLeePierre Country Gent

Cool guitar, great achievement.
    You really should try to get in touch with the lady and politely ask her to sign it off as a way to endorse it. Don't know if there still is a Cramps management PO box, but that might be worth a try...

EDIT - or an email address, we live in XXIst century after all.

section2 and calebaaron666 like this.
  16. BorderRadio

BorderRadio Country Gent

Mar 6, 2014
    Phoenix, AZ
    Awesome man, I love this tribute model, properly done. All this thread needs now is bikini girls with machine guns.

mister rain and calebaaron666 like this.
  17. dak55

dak55 Country Gent

May 31, 2018
    NC
    I grew up in Cleveland. My brother and I NEVER missed his show. Cool TRC!!!

71aqKkDKIjL._AC_SX522_.jpg

18. calebaaron666

Aug 15, 2018
    Portland, Maine
    I’ve often thought about writing Ivy a letter, but I honestly wouldn’t feel right about it. As far as everyone knows, she is satisfied being retired and out of the spotlight.
    I’m sure she knows she is loved and admired.

section2 and Waxhead like this.
  19. calebaaron666

Aug 15, 2018
    Portland, Maine
    Thanx man!!
    And of course this is the video where she used her Gibson!! Haha
    She always said it was a beautiful guitar, but she didn’t like the neck.
    On the recording it’s her 6120, natch.

BorderRadio and Waxhead like this.
  20. panhead6zero

panhead6zero Synchromatic

Jan 17, 2015
    The Motor City
    In Philadelphia, (I grew up in South Jersey, hence the Philly affinity), It was Dr Shock who hosted the horror movies!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice