Songs that somehow pop into your head....

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by Butch Ammon, Mar 16, 2020.

1. Lister

Lister Electromatic

Oct 25, 2019
    Omaha
    Check out the Choir! Choir! Choir! version with Colin on youtube, it's stunning.
    BTW, if you have some time to kill, and who doesn't these days, be sure and check out the Choir! Choir! Choir! page, they do some great versions of all types of music. As a former choir geek myself, I really appreciate their work.

Great song but I prefer the Seether version these days.

not_man_davo likes this.
  2. not_man_davo

not_man_davo Synchromatic

Feb 13, 2015
    tejas
    As a MASSIVE baseball fan, my problem with the song stems from a guy who played for the dreaded Oakland As and then the hated Houston Astros. He used it as his walk up song at one point, and although hilarious, it did precious little to endear that song to me further. It was Josh Reddick in case anyone follows baseball.

3. stevo

stevo Friend of Fred

May 1, 2012
    Atlanta
    I love this thread. I was literally going to start this very thread a couple of days ago but got distracted.

For me it was Deacon Blues by Steely Dan. I have no idea how it got there as I've not heard them in months nor have I heard anything that I recall that would be similar.

And yet, I started singing, "they got a name for the winners in the world, I want a name when I lose. They call Alabama the Crimson Tide, call me deacon blues".

4. JeffreyLeePierre

JeffreyLeePierre Country Gent

Maybe that's the reason why. I don't know.

5. loudnlousy

loudnlousy Friend of Fred

Oct 18, 2015
    Germany
    After stringing up one of my guitars with a NFT Floyd Rose (for about an hour or so) I usually have to calm down my overall frustration with this process by playing some Jimi machine gun or star spangled banner type of stuff. Until my wife is screaming at me or the irated neighbours start ringing my doorbell.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice