Something's Not Quite Right About This Listing

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by drmilktruck, Jan 9, 2019.

1. drmilktruck

drmilktruck Gretschified

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    On eBay I saw this listing for the new Riviera Blue Streamliner with P90.

[​IMG]

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Gretsch-G2...653509&hash=item4b4e98e4bc:g:jTQAAOSwhZ5bmDSS

However the price was eye-popping: $3599! (Normal street price is $599.)

Then I read the copy, which is clearly for a different model, the Gretsch Guitars G6136T- AZM Limited Edition Falcon Bigsby Azure Metallic. That one does sell for $3599.

I assume the seller combined two listings by accident, or they are hoping for the biggest sucker, willing to spend an extra $3000 for a guitar. (Where's that buyer? I have a few things for them to look at! :D)

benjwri and MKunie like this.
  2. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    There's one born every minute, well maybe more often now.

benjwri, pmac11 and MKunie like this.
  3. tdtom

tdtom Gretschie

Oct 26, 2018
    new zealand
    my local shop here in NZ has that exact guitar on the wall. it is listed at $1100 New Zealand dollars. don't know how it could inflate to what was being asked.

4. Jelly Roll Horton

Jelly Roll Horton Gretschie

Nov 10, 2017
    Portland, OR
    I ignore any online seller who can’t or won’t post a picture of the actual item they are selling.

gretschbo, Gregor and drmilktruck like this.
  5. Tinman46

Tinman46 Country Gent

Dec 19, 2011
    Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
    When I click on the sellers other items he has a lot of guitars for sale. And from my brief peruse they are priced reasonable. I'm going to give the benefit of a doubt and say he got 2 listings mixed up.

6. wabash slim

wabash slim Friend of Fred

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    Trust no one.

Caveat Emptor.

Someone's full of.....

pmac11 likes this.
  7. drmilktruck

drmilktruck Gretschified

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    That's actually my thought, I just thought it was funny.

Tinman46 likes this.
  8. dak55

dak55 Synchromatic

May 31, 2018
    Mills River NC
    Yea, that's one mixed up listing and I suspect just an error. He's showing a Streamliner body with i guess a P90, listed as new but reasonable certain that never came out of a factory that way, but then again neither did the Falcon. Maybe this is why he chose bizzareguitarreno as a used ID?

9. Philtertronic

Philtertronic Gretschie

Feb 26, 2014
    scotland
    I know that name.

I have bought from him in the past: a Fender CS Jazz Bass relic and had no issues. Sure someone will hit him up over this discrepancy