Someone Like Rocky at Streetsounds will be Happy with my "stimulus" dough!

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by Sabato, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Sabato

Sabato Country Gent

Mar 22, 2019
    Massachusetts
    Nuff Said, Thanks Uncle Sam.

benjwri and rob batz like this.
  2. thunder58

thunder58 Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Admin Post
    Not sure whats going on , but you may want to wait until Gretsch Day for any discounts . Maybe email Rocky and ask when it is

Sabato likes this.
  3. wabash slim

wabash slim Gretschified

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    I'm gonna wait. Can't eat a guitar.

BorderRadio, Merc and blueruins like this.
  4. radd

radd Country Gent

Dec 27, 2017
    Santa cruz
    Streetsounds, just did my first couple purchases from them. Quick and easy with pretty speedy delivery. I will use to again.

5. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    I’m glad to hear some people had a pleasurable experience with them. The one time I called and spoke to Rocky... he gave me attitude because I simply asked if he could do a little better on the price on a 6120 SSU. If he had simply said I’m sorry it’s already priced as low as I can go I’d be fine with it. I may have even bought it after the next paycheck. Instead he went off the deep end and unloaded about everyone asking for a better price to me. I’ll give my business to other companies that treat me better as a customer.

6. TSims1

TSims1 Gretschified

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta
    Wild. I’ve had several stellar experiences with Rocky and StreetSounds. They’ve taken very good care of me several times. Maybe he was having a bad day @Merc

Sabato likes this.
  7. mbkri

mbkri Country Gent

Sep 22, 2012
    Chicago
    I bought my RHH from Rocky and he was great. Great price. Well packed. Free shipping. It was a good experience all round.
    Mind you, i have enjoyed buying every guitar i ever bought. Even the ones ive bought off of complete strangers in parking lots.

BorderRadio and Sabato like this.
  8. Thass

Thass Electromatic

Dec 29, 2019
    Palm Desert
    Peavey Classic 30 and a Black Jet waiting patiently in my checkout cart for the Fed money to arrive.

GlenP likes this.
  9. Sabato

Sabato Country Gent

Mar 22, 2019
    Massachusetts
    If you bury it in the backyard, then it isn't an economic stimulus...

10. Sabato

Sabato Country Gent

Mar 22, 2019
    Massachusetts
    Maybe it was an off day, I asked for and received a better-than-listed price on each of three Gretsch guitars from Rocky.

11. GlenP

GlenP Synchromatic

Jul 23, 2019
    WA
    Wow, they do have quite the selection of Gretsches, Gretschii? Lots of Gretsch goodness.

thunder58 likes this.
  12. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    @TSims1 and @Sabato It may have been and we all have our days. They’ve had some nice Gretsch guitars at times too. I’m the type where if someone apologize’s or even admits they were wrong all is forgiven. It sure didn’t happen before the end of that call. It sounds like they get plenty of business so they likely won’t miss mine much. Maybe it’s the best as it helps others that don’t move as many Gretsch.

13. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    Only thing is this is means more than an economic stimulus to those that live paycheck to paycheck. Though it’s likely not enough for them.

14. wabash slim

wabash slim Gretschified

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    I'm on a fixed income. My daughter's basically out of work. We've got five mouths to feed, and also the critters. It'll likely go for food---if it ever shows up. If things turn out for the better, it'll be put aside for a different rainy day---and they always show up.

15. Sabato

Sabato Country Gent

Mar 22, 2019
    Massachusetts
    Despite my positive feelings for Streetsounds, I completely agree with you. It's like: Don't dis me, I don't care if you're the Pope, we're done. So I'm sorry that you had a negative experience but there are a lot of retailers out there looking to get another customer.

MikeSchindler and Merc like this.
  16. dak55

dak55 Country Gent

May 31, 2018
    NC
    Yeah, hate to be the buzzkill but the checks have nothing to do with economic stimulus. It is so people can...you know, buy food and all those luxuries.

5120mantis, BorderRadio and Merc like this.
  17. Gretschtim1

Gretschtim1 Country Gent

Dec 4, 2012
    Dundalk, Md
    I'm not gonna bury it - just gonna buy things like toilet paper...:eek:.

18. Sabato

Sabato Country Gent

Mar 22, 2019
    Massachusetts
    While I have sympathy for the folks that are out of work in this crisis, I'm retired and it has no effect on me economically. I can buy as much TP as ever! Also, this social isolation has no effect either since I've always kept to myself anyway.

19. Gretschtim1

Gretschtim1 Country Gent

Dec 4, 2012
    Dundalk, Md
    Not yet but things are subject to change as things are changing daily. Unless you grow your own food I wouldn't be too confident. If things get really bad money won't make a difference.

BorderRadio likes this.
  20. Sabato

Sabato Country Gent

Mar 22, 2019
    Massachusetts
    I'm just not a "Doomsday" type, the media overblows everything for their own benefit. In the news today:

Even if the COVID-19 pandemic stretches over months (President Donald Trump said it could last until August), there will be no big food shortages, especially on staples like milk, eggs, cheese, bread and meat, according to three supply chain experts. The U.S. produces a huge amount of food. We're also an exporter of food, so we're going to be okay. Many domestic farmers and ranchers, who have been struggling in recent years, could actually see a boost amid the pandemic, as the U.S. may look to local suppliers for produce instead of international suppliers.
    That said, I think I'm done with this thread before Synchro jumps in and crushes it anyway.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice