Smaller batch of Cherry Sparkle Mystery Brain BS-301

Discussion in 'Commercial Sellers, Dealers and Manufacturers' started by TV the Wired Turtle, Aug 8, 2019.

1. TV the Wired Turtle

TV the Wired Turtle Gretschified

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    Did 7 of the Cherry Sparkle Mystery Brain, 2.5 week turn around avail now to order in the drop down menu! (price reduced $10, now same as green)
    thenocturnebrain.com

click for shiny sparkles and music
    https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/v...764868_n.mp4?_nc_ht=scontent.cdninstagram.com

[​IMG]

larryb, Trash Kidd and audept like this.
  2. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    I’ve got mine. By far my favorite pedal and if I had to slim down to only one pedal... Cherry Sparkle Mystery Brain be the one. :)

audept likes this.
  3. TSims1

TSims1 Friend of Fred

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta
    Oh man......that finish is so flippin cool

Merc and audept like this.
  4. audept

audept Senior Gretsch-Talker

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    My favorite MB color. Got mine too, don't miss out guys!
    Nocturne april 2019 080.JPG

TV the Wired Turtle and Merc like this.
  5. rcboals

rcboals Country Gent

Nov 21, 2008
    Springfield Oregon
    Not finding a drop down menu to buy one. Probably a good thing since I am drinking tonight. :) Love the Detroit Casket couldn't figure out to to pull the trigger.

TV the Wired Turtle likes this.
  6. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    Well friend, let me help you out for a minute. The Cherry one is the third option on the scroll down pre-order menu. See below photo ;). If you haven’t tried one, the echo is really special. These recent ones have a loop jack on the side so you can place any pedals you want between the Brain and Echo. I used the below cable from Amazon. However I believe Tavo might sell a custom cable. The earlier generations didn’t have it.

527CBB56-FD99-4454-90A2-C4157657AA61.png

https://www.amazon.com/Hosa-STP-201RR-Right-Angle-Insert/dp/B001R0WKZU?tag=gretschtalk-20

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
  7. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    Here’s a shot of mine too.

53F99A81-C938-4951-A1D0-D46CE9301B8D.png

audept likes this.
  8. Tele295

Tele295 Country Gent

Jun 4, 2008
    Ventura, CA
    Best color Mystery Brain ever

Merc and audept like this.
  9. TV the Wired Turtle

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    dang, youre good! :) btw at the bottom of the page is a link for either the decent budget cable or high end sinasoid cable.

Merc and nasonm like this.
  10. audept

audept Senior Gretsch-Talker

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    The Sinasoid cable is excellent quality and well worth the extra $$ IMO. Plus the guys at Sinasoid are great to deal with.

TV the Wired Turtle and Merc like this.
  11. MotorCentaur

MotorCentaur Gretschie

May 11, 2016
    Seattle
    Can I trade in my silver sparkle for one of these? I can't read it in anything other that flat white light.

12. TV the Wired Turtle

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    I dont have a retail store, so I cant do trades. have you tried using a highlite pen on the white lettering? :) just a random thought ;)
    [​IMG]

13. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    I do like the look of the silver. It’s like a Silver Bullet.

You could always sell and buy a new one. Although that may not make much sense for the wallet.

14. TV the Wired Turtle

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    Im sure there are some around here that would love to trade for a silver sparkle instead of the green standard. That was metal silver w an extra baked on coat of clear w silver micro glitter. Enamel green is OEM for a classic re-301 feel but them sparklers are fun, and they always charge me more for the sparkle coat.

Merc likes this.
  15. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    @MotorCentaur

True and a good idea. Hadn’t thought about it but someone might do an even trade where you cover your own shipping. It just might take a bit for someone to read the trade thread.

Another option would be if you had the correct font and size... make a black lettered on clear background. Then simply peel and stick over white lettering.

MotorCentaur likes this.
  16. loudnlousy

loudnlousy Friend of Fred

Oct 18, 2015
    Hildesheim, Germany
    Design wise this is ultimaltely cool. You hit the nail.

17. calebaaron666

calebaaron666 Country Gent

Aug 15, 2018
    Portland, Maine
    There are silver sparkle mystery brains?

18. MotorCentaur

MotorCentaur Gretschie

May 11, 2016
    Seattle
    I got a bottle of Testors red sparkle (to go with the red knobs) enamel paint and a couple types of really small brushes. "Someday", I'll paint shadows under the letters to make them pop.

Merc likes this.
  19. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    There was a batch and they looked great.

I hope Tavo doesn’t mind me putting this out there. From my PM I had before buying the Cherry Sparkle... my take away was not too expect many color variations on the Mystery Brain in the future. He loves changing it up but the majority of buyers want the green and the boxes are painted in large batches. That’s just makes these non OG green more special to me. If you’re seriously into silver, PM him. Maybe he can dig up a silver one somehow. Or pickup one of these Cherry Sparkle ones.

B225E204-2D91-489A-847D-5CDC978CFDCC.jpeg

Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
    calebaaron666 likes this.
  20. calebaaron666

calebaaron666 Country Gent

Aug 15, 2018
    Portland, Maine
    That’s pretty dope.

Nah, I’m real happy with my green one. I wouldn’t care if it was a plain tin box with the text written with sharpie on masking tape.

Merc likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice