SIB Echodrive?

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by YourBlueRoom, Jul 13, 2019 at 8:37 PM.

1. YourBlueRoom

YourBlueRoom Gretschie

Jan 25, 2017
    Nashville, TN
    Anyone have firsthand experience with this pedal - red or blue version? How does it stack up to more recent echoplex style delay pedals for rockabilly slapback?

2. rob batz

rob batz Synchromatic

Apr 17, 2014
    Bristol ct.
    Looks cool! I just looked it up I like what I’m seeing but pricey!

3. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    I haven’t tried one. But most cheaper delays will easily do a slap back if that’s all your after. If I were to spend that much on an echo pedal I would buy either a Nocturne Mystery Train or a Catalinbread Belle Epoch Deluxe. These are my favorite two tape pedals.

I believe the Mystery Train would easily handle it as more. But if you specifically want the Echoplex sound, it’s subjective but I’d go with the Bell Epoch Deluxe over other echoplex copies. It’s literally the exact circuit of the original Echoplex. This includes orange caps and all. The only thing different is there is no tape but it is the exact pre-amp.

But there are some alternate affordable echoplex type pedals out there. For example I had the MXR Echoplex and it handled the business well. But the guitar signal is completely dry and only the echo has the echoplex pre in it. It worked for me as I put my Atomic Brain in there and I got the tone I liked. To get the full MXR Echoplex experience though you have to get a separate pedal that has the Pre in it for your guitar tone. But then the two pedals put it in the Catalinbread price range. There are some other affordable echoplex copies that do get some love out there though.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2019 at 12:13 AM
    YourBlueRoom likes this.
  4. ruger9

ruger9 Country Gent

Nov 1, 2008
    NJ
    I had the red one, it's awesome, those are special pedals. If I had the disposable income and the space, I would have kept mine. I sold it when I got the Maxon AD-999 (another specia pedal).

Can't vouch for anything about it being close to an Echoplex, or how it compares to the Echoplex pedals out there, but the Echodrive is really cool... even the "red digital" one (the blue analog one is legendary, but much darker).

YourBlueRoom likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice