Show us your pedalboard

Discussion in 'Pedal Pushers Forum' started by emicad, Mar 9, 2016.

1. unknown fan

unknown fan Electromatic

Aug 7, 2018
    Tn
    IMG_2437.JPG Here's mine, Helix floor.

Merc, Henry, Bertotti and 1 other person like this.
  2. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    In a short 14 minute video explaining the El Pescadoro controls on the Nocturne Facebook, Tavo said it is pretty much, if not exactly the JR Barnyard pre-amp. But with the added Reverb he worked really hard on matching to it for that Chess record sound.

Sid Nitzerglobin likes this.
  3. Benturner83

Benturner83 Electromatic

Mar 16, 2019
    Hastings, UK
    Hey everyone, I'm new here! Well, new to posting but I've been reading the forum for years so thanks for all the advice you didn't even realise you'd given!

Recently done some culling of pedals and got a couple of newbies on the board so thought I'd share. Been trying to streamline the whole thing down to what I actually use rather than just including everything and the kitchen sink.

I gotta say, if you haven't tried the Caroline Kilobyte. You need to get you foot on one. It's SO good.

31C5B4C9-96A7-4318-BE3A-D9CA94FD6082.JPG

4. audept

audept Senior Gretsch-Talker

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    Welcome to the forum, Ben!
    vintage_grunge_uk_flag_union_jack_doormat.jpg

Benturner83 likes this.
  5. Sid Nitzerglobin

Sid Nitzerglobin Country Gent

Jun 8, 2015
    fROMOHIO
    I was playing around w/ this little setup at the shop today:
    [​IMG]
    guitar > TC Polytune Noir > Lastgasp Sooper Fuzz 46 > Catalinbread Valcoder > JRAD Immortal Echo > Mr. Black Deluxe Plus > amp

It needs an overdrive to cover the ground between saturated hairy clean and melting your face off, buzzsaw octave fuzz going into a clean amp, but seems like it covers my bases pretty well otherwise and there's some good sounds to be had :) .

Last edited: Mar 23, 2019
    Merc, audept and Henry like this.
  6. Outlaw

Outlaw Gretschie

Jul 13, 2011
    UK
  7. JeffreyLeePierre

JeffreyLeePierre Gretschie

Nov 11, 2018
    Paris, north down Montmartre hill
    100% Chinese hijacker:
    Mooer Reecho - Mod Factory.jpg

I'm not that demanding, maybe I'm half deaf, but both the Tape echo with slab back setting from Reecho and the Tremolo from the Mod factory do the job for me.
    From time to time, I also wanna get cheap funky style and use the Mod Factory's Autowah.

Merc likes this.
  8. Andy Fortune

Andy Fortune Gretschie

May 24, 2016
    Corning, NY
    D9EA2BFE-2E0C-4819-B609-7CB641F1F376.jpeg Alright...here’s the new version. I keep thinking I’m done, but I fell in love with the Gamechanger Plus pedal, and so I needed more room, plus I finally found the perfect cab sim to go with the Blackbird, and so on....
    Tuner/Wireless receiver>Gamechanger Audio Plus (with Ventura in the loop)>Area 51 wah>EHX Nano Pog>JAM pedals Pink Flow>Supro tremolo>Effectrode Blackbird>Anasounds Element reverb>TC Ditto>Neunaber Iconoclast

Merc, Sid Nitzerglobin and audept like this.
  9. Sid Nitzerglobin

Jun 8, 2015
    fROMOHIO
    I think I've got a pretty good idea of what I'm going to try for the pending refresh of my Surf/Seafoam green board once the Detroit Casket shows up and figured I'd share the mockup while I wait:
    [​IMG]
    Thinking the signal path will be setup thusly:
    guitar(s) > tc PolyTune Noir 2 >
    OneControl 1Loop (right, OD/boost) { Fairfield Circuitry Modele B (dialed pretty much all for sag and clean boost) > Nocturne Ubangi Stomp > Nocturne Detroit Casket (probably w/ the knobs swapped for some black ones I've got on hand, I'm already pushing the limits of my color OCD [​IMG])} >
    OneControl 1Loop (middle, phase/vibrato & fuzz) { Walrus Audio Lillian > Lastgasp Sooper Fuzz 46 } >
    Nocturne Mystery Brain > OneControl Junction Box { hooked up to the amp input & FX loop send or jumpered when not using an FX loop } >
    OneControl 1Loop (left, amp trem & spring) { solidgoldfx Surf Rider III > solidgoldfx Stutter-lite} >
    JHS Buffered Splitter > amp(s) or FX loop return

I still wish I could get the out of the preamp and the in of the echo on the Mystery Brain available so I could hit the front of the amp w/ the Brain and have the Mystery in the loop and individually switchable from the rest of the loop, but I wouldn't be surprised if this would change the overall sound of the whole pedal if it was laid out that way rather than as an FX loop for the echo side of the pedal (as it seems to function on my v4).

Not sure if I'll wind up reversing order the fuzz and OD loops, just have to see how they all play along together.

I might swap the Ubangi Stomp for the Wampler Ethereal (first in the FX loop chain) that I've got on the current iteration of this setup if it turns out I don't need another dirt pedal aside from the Detroit Casket and Sooper Fuzz. I think I might miss having a longer delay available on a stomp switch for shoegaze-y stuff, noodling around, and space jams [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
    Merc, Waxhead and audept like this.
  10. Sid Nitzerglobin

Jun 8, 2015
    fROMOHIO
    LOL, now I've talked myself into this setup so just go ahead and forget the last one :cool::D:
    [​IMG]
    Assuming I won't need the stacking clipping and boost of the US (and I can always dial in some nice translucent clipping w/ the Modele B if I need it), it's more balanced and seems to flow better for me and will let me delve further into the final frontier/next plane of ascension if the occasion so warrants it ;)

Waxhead and Merc like this.
  11. Sid Nitzerglobin

Jun 8, 2015
    fROMOHIO
    Couldn't wait for the Detroit Casket so I wound up swapping the bits from the surf/seafoam setup over to PT Jr. this afternoon:
    [​IMG]

I've been rocking it out w/ the Mach IV and 5655 through the Super Reverb RI and TremLord w/ the Dr. Z 2x10 so far:
    [​IMG]
    It's going guitar > the boost/OD and phase/fuzz loops > Mystery Brain > TremLord input > the longer delay and amp trem/spring verb loop fed by the amp FX loop send > Buffered Splitter > Super Reverb RI input & loop return on the TremLord.

Aside from the Voyager still seeming a bit opaque/thick/chewy for what I'm looking for, the whole setup really clicks for me for a broad range of applications so far. It's giving me great surf/noir/pasketti sounds, awesome searing light glitch/octave fuzz, and seems to have amazing potential for noise making and shoegaze-y sounds. Sounds pretty good for heavy stuff too, but isn't quite there on the bite/attack yet for the OD sounds.

Last edited: May 5, 2019
  12. Sid Nitzerglobin

Jun 8, 2015
    fROMOHIO
    Threw this one together this evening on the Metro 24 the surf/seafoam setup was living on:
    [​IMG]
    guitar > PolyTune 2 Noir > 1 Loop box, right [ Tractor Beam > Unpleasant Surprise > Barbershop Millennium > Zeta DLX ] > Mystery Brain > Junction Box [ A > amp input; B < amp loop send ] > 1 Loop Box, left [ Ghost Echo > Alien Echo ] > BJF Buffer > amp loop return (or w/o amp FX loop, jumper the Junction Box & > amp input)

Many a cool sound being had :D

Brain + boost of the Zeta gives a hyper detailed saturated to edge of breakup clean w/ the Abby and/or the Barbershop for a little some thing extra. The distortion side of the Zeta has a fair amount of fizz into the TremLord until it's dialed back to blues OD levels, but it sounds cool for semi-cheesy soloing and trashy '80s hardcore sounds w/ the gain up. The Unpleasant Surprise continues to astound w/ its range and polyphonic clarity given the limited and funky control set and how insane it gets when in ugly, spitting mode and I love the Tractor Beam feeding it (really feeding anything). The second loop has a ton of spooky space ghost/cyborg serial killer vibe when dialed up and straightens up well to more of a subtle air of impending doom when dialing back the creepy before hitting some more neutral character at minimum weird.

I remembered to take a shot of the undercarriage too:
    [​IMG]

Waxhead, Merc, Henry and 1 other person like this.
  13. audept

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    Nice goodies, Sid!

Sid Nitzerglobin likes this.
  14. Sid Nitzerglobin

Jun 8, 2015
    fROMOHIO
    Thanks! Aside from the buffer it's all been around for a bit, just didn't have a free board to put it all on ;)

audept likes this.
  15. audept

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    This was my take on holidays amp when I had a traveler guitar to go with it.

Waxhead likes this.
  16. Scooter127

Scooter127 Gretschie

Feb 25, 2019
    USA
    I bought it on a whim and think it's the best $130 I've ever spent on guitar stuff. I don't even mess with the settings much, it's usually <press> flang <press> flang <press> OK, that sounds good enough

audept likes this.
  17. Waxhead

Waxhead Country Gent

Aug 30, 2014
    Australia
    I have new addition to my big pedal board.
    The Morley Mini Maverick wah version 2.
    About half size and weight of your normal wah.
    Sounds real smooth and very similar to the Morley Bad Horsie 2 wah.
    Highly recommended if you want a great small wah pedal :)

The top half of this Friedman board goes thru a series loop - bottom half before preamp.

[​IMG]

Merc, Henry, audept and 2 others like this.
  18. Sid Nitzerglobin

Jun 8, 2015
    fROMOHIO
    Rekajiggered the purple board tonight to get the Timmy & Deluxe Plus on here:
    [​IMG]
    guitar > tc Electronic PolyTune Noir > solidgoldfx BC183 Boost > OneControl 2Loop Box [Loop 1 { Malekko Omicron Phase > Caroline Olympia } > Loop 2 { Timmy > Zvex Double Rock! }] > Keeley K-loop { Wampler Faux Tape Echo > Walrus Audio Julia > Dawner Prince Starla > Mr. Black Deluxe Plus } > JHS Buffered Splitter > amp(s)

Last edited: May 17, 2019
    Waxhead and audept like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice