Show us your pedalboard

Discussion in 'Pedal Pushers Forum' started by emicad, Mar 9, 2016.

1. pmac11

pmac11 Country Gent

Mar 4, 2018
    Toronto, Ontario
    IMG_4227.JPG

2. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    pmac11 likes this.
  3. pmac11

pmac11 Country Gent

Mar 4, 2018
    Toronto, Ontario
    It really does. Gets the right amount of dirt under the note.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Bertotti likes this.
  4. calebaaron666

calebaaron666 Country Gent

Aug 15, 2018
    Portland, Maine
    What’s it do?

5. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    Sorry doubled up.

6. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    From the Nocturne website.
    "I've had players asking for a *junior barnard & *charlie christian type of "warm cook'n" preamp that will keep the transparency of the instrument intact and work w a variety of backline tube amps.. so thats what I ended up with here with this preamp."
    There is a lot more to it check out the Nocturne Website for a detailed explanation. There are some vids out there as well.

7. calebaaron666

Aug 15, 2018
    Portland, Maine
    I’ve read what it says on the website, i just wanted someone who owns one to tell me what it does for them.

8. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    Oh, sorry. I have no idea how to describe it, I like the way it breaks up but keeps its notes nice and clear to my ear.

calebaaron666 likes this.
  9. Sid Nitzerglobin

Sid Nitzerglobin Country Gent

Jun 8, 2015
    fROMOHIO
    I'm not sure how much different they wind up sounding in practice, but I have an El Pescadoro which I believe is supposed to be the Jr. Barnyard pre w/ a very cool plate-y/chamber-y verb sandwiched in it. The preamp side has a great smokey, semi-swampy, lo fi kind of patina to it that I think sounds great for atmospheric kinda sounds. There's a bunch of level on tap and you can impart a pretty decent amount of breakup from it too. It seems to kind of work a bit of the same perceived dynamics magic that the Brains do for me but w/ more of a thick and chewy bias to the tone.

Works great as a pre on my basses as well. I've been considering grabbing one of the Barnyards so I can have one on a bass board too.

Merc, pmac11 and Bertotti like this.
  10. calebaaron666

Aug 15, 2018
    Portland, Maine
    I think I gotcha. In simplest terms, it’s kind of a bluesy lo-fi pre-amp.

pmac11 and Sid Nitzerglobin like this.
  11. pmac11

pmac11 Country Gent

Mar 4, 2018
    Toronto, Ontario
    That's a good description, but there's a bit more to it. It adds dirt without messing up the signal, and probably adds some nice second order harmonics to boot. I find it turns my clean Quilter into a 1940s 10 watter.

calebaaron666 and Bertotti like this.
  12. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    A better description then I gave, but I still think it leaves my notes clear to my ear and I do not know if that makes sense or not. The dirt is there but I know the note it isn't washed out in muck.

pmac11 and calebaaron666 like this.
  13. pmac11

pmac11 Country Gent

Mar 4, 2018
    Toronto, Ontario
    That's a good description too.. It's a very transparent drive pedal...Clean dirt? Also, the JrB has a boost function that might well push a tube preamp to distort a bit as well. So what it does for a Quilter may not be the exactly the same as what it does for a tube amp. We may be hearing slightly different things.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2019
    Bertotti likes this.
  14. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    I definitely have it pushing my tubes a bit.

15. pmac11

pmac11 Country Gent

Mar 4, 2018
    Toronto, Ontario
    With my Quilter, the JrB volume knob just boosts the volume, so I find there's not much 'effect' with only the left side stomper on. I've tried, it won't push the preamp into distortion. And even if it did, I doubt the clipping in a solid state preamp would soon very good. But when I hit the right side stomper as well, with the "grits" at about 10 oclock... it's like time travel.

Bertotti likes this.
  16. Paul in Colorado

Paul in Colorado Gretschie

Jun 2, 2008
    Fort Collins, CO
    Here are mine. The first is the one I use the most.
    DSC01006.JPG
    TC Hyper Drive Comp > MXR CMBAOD > Ibanez Jet Driver > EB VP (Feeding a Korg Pitchblack tuner from the Tuner Out jack) > TC NOVA Modulator > TC NOVA Delay. One Spot Pro CS-7 PS.

DSC01007.JPG
    This is my experimental stereo board: BBE Bench Press Comp > Biyang Mouse (RAT Clone) > NuX Mod Core Modulation Pedal >TC Alter Ego V2 Delay > Zoom MS 70 CDR. A/B feeds the pedal chain or the tuner.

DSC01010.JPG
    This one gets used mostly for the Telecaster or Lap Steel.
    MXR Dyna-Comp (original) > BBE Jet Screamer (TS-9 clone) > ZenDrive > Barber Direct Drive > Boss Dimension C (sometimes a CE-2) > Hotone Tremolo > Ibanez VL-10 Volume Pedal > Boss DD-2. Korg Pitchblack Tuner fed from the VP.

Funky54, pmac11, Merc and 1 other person like this.
  17. collama

collama Electromatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Colorado
    I keep mine pretty simple. But I”m consider upsizing so I can have 2-3 more pedals with me for gigs.

In this configuration it’s BB Preamp >> Joyo Sweet Baby >> EHX Soul Food >> Voodoo Lab trem >> TC Flashback

Sometimes a I drop one of the drives and add my Digitech Polara Reverb.

[​IMG]

Funky54, Merc, pmac11 and 1 other person like this.
  18. pmac11

pmac11 Country Gent

Mar 4, 2018
    Toronto, Ontario
    That's a nice variety of dirt. How do you like the Joyo?

19. collama

collama Electromatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Colorado
    I like is a lot. The switch has hinted that it’s nearing the end of its life. When it dies, I will buy the real thing (Mad Professor Sweet Honey OD.)

I have love/hate relationship with the Soul Food though.

pmac11 likes this.
  20. pmac11

pmac11 Country Gent

Mar 4, 2018
    Toronto, Ontario
    I had a Soul Food once, I know what you mean.
    I have the Xotic BB too, really like it.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice