Show us your pedalboard

Discussion in 'Pedal Pushers Forum' started by emicad, Mar 9, 2016.

1. JHowdy

JHowdy Country Gent

Nov 16, 2013
    Finland
    DSC_0703.JPG Still small and simple, but now with a MXR Carbon Copy delay. I've read so much about it on this forum that I decided to try, and I must say it sounds much better than my previous Carl Martin Red Repeat did. Or rather the whole system sounds better now, it's not the delay that makes the sound, it just passes it on. And this one alters the tone less than the previous box did. I am very pleased with it.

G6118T with TVJ Classic and Classic Plus, Ernie Ball Power Slinky 11-48, Tru-Arc SerpenTune Titanium, Atomic Brain, Carbon Copy, 5E3 Tweed Deluxe. Utter sweetness!

I still could use an overdrive pedal I guess. Maybe someday.

2. Sid Nitzerglobin

Sid Nitzerglobin Country Gent

Jun 8, 2015
    fROMOHIO
    Scaled up the previous Nano + setup I've been liking a whole lot to include a few new ones tonight:
    [​IMG]
    guitar > Fat Boost FB-3 > Swiss Things [Loop 1 {385 > Super Phat Mod} > Loop 2 {ARP-87 > MF Chorus > Memphis Sun > Boing > Nail Head}] > amps

Seems to be working out great so far.

thunder58, Merc and Henry like this.
  3. dankas11

dankas11 Country Gent

Jul 6, 2014
    Croatia
    my January pedalboard. The other pedals just sleep and wait for their turn. I realised I have too much pedals but I guess we all have same problem :) pedalboard.jpeg
    tuner>Ubangi>Detroit Casket>Mystery Brain>Pescadoro>NailHead>Shallow Water>Keeley GC2

JHowdy, thunder58, Merc and 4 others like this.
  4. trojanhov

trojanhov Electromatic

Jan 11, 2017
    Los Angeles
    [​IMG]

New year new me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mudshark, pmac11, thunder58 and 3 others like this.
  5. Andy Fortune

Andy Fortune Gretschie

May 24, 2016
    Corning, NY
    love that JAM pedals Ripply Fall!

6. trojanhov

trojanhov Electromatic

Jan 11, 2017
    Los Angeles
    It is one hell of a pedal. Maybe my favorite one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andy Fortune likes this.
  7. JHowdy

JHowdy Country Gent

Nov 16, 2013
    Finland
    I don't have that problem :). To be honest I don't know anything about pedals. I could use a mild crunch/overdrive for some rockabilly I guess, but I just don't know what to choose. For example, I don't understand the difference between Ubangi Stomp and Detroit Gasket. Except for the name and colour :D. Could You, having used them both, explain a little?

8. dankas11

dankas11 Country Gent

Jul 6, 2014
    Croatia
    well Tavo can tell you technical difference, actually you can find it all on his web. I can tell you they sound completely different. D.C. is very transparent OD and Ubangi Stomp can go all the way to the fuzz like tones. Ubangi is more powerfull drive, I use it to play more punk or Stray cats songs like How long you wanna live anyway, rumble in brighton or crawl up and die. For me pedals give something more that you can not get with only guitar and amp. Of course it depends on music you are playing. Can I play rockabilly without pedals? of course, amp with some reverb and you can get nice rockabilly sound. But amp+ mistery brain for exemple gives you more options , more diversity and more fun. Are pedals necessary? Absolutely not. Are they fun? Hell yeah!!!!!
    For mild crunch/OD you can choose D.C. Ubangi can deliver also that but much more also.

9. dankas11

dankas11 Country Gent

Jul 6, 2014
    Croatia
    now I see you already have brain and carbon copy so you know something about pedals:) To tell you the true there are so many light OD pedals you can use you hardly can go wrong. If you are looking at Tavo's pedals you can not go wrong with Ubangi or D.C. Tavo and the other users can tell and advise you which to take.

Henry, audept and JHowdy like this.
  10. JHowdy

JHowdy Country Gent

Nov 16, 2013
    Finland
    Yes, I've had the Atomic Brain for a few years and just swithched from Carl Martin Repeat delay to Carbon Copy, which is better imo. I just don't know anything about overdrive pedals and I've been too shy to start a topic about it :). But from what you've just told, the Ubangi Stomp sounds the one for me. Thanks!

audept likes this.
  11. audept

audept Senior Gretsch-Talker

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    Ubangi Stomp! I have 2 of them (just in case!)

JHowdy likes this.
  12. Andy Fortune

Andy Fortune Gretschie

May 24, 2016
    Corning, NY
    831EA804-2AA6-44BA-B4A0-33B696EEFDA4.jpeg
    Time for an update since things have changed significantly. Without intending to, I have a black, white, and silver theme going now.
    Wireless/tuner>Foxrox Octron>Area 51 wah>JAM Pedals Pink Flow>Effectrode Blackbird (in Pink Flow send/return loop)>Source Audio True Spring reverb/tremolo>Ditto looper>A/DA GCS-5 analog cab sim

The Pink Flow is all analog and everything on it sounds fantastic. It runs Dynassor compressor>Tubedreamer 58>Red Muck fuzz>send/return>Waterfall chorus>Ripple phaser>Delay Llama.

Sid Nitzerglobin, Wozob and Henry like this.
  13. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    dankas11 nailed it with his post. I have both a Ubangi and a Detroit Casket Although my DC (as I call it for shortness) just arrived yesterday.

The DC instantly was easy to dial in great low to almost mid crunch. The Treble and Bass work really well on it. Tavo hit it out of the park on this one. The gain sounds very organic and natural to me. I know from reading posts Tavo worked really hard to get the DC circuit just right for that low gain.

The Ubangi is based on a RAT pedal and will definitely cover more ground by providing heavier gain as well. It will do slight break up but can easily do more extreme psychobilly or even Metal.

So it really depends on the type of music you play. The DC is $65 cheaper if price is an issue. If whichever one is not your thing I’m sure it’ll be a fairly easy sell around here.

JHowdy likes this.
  14. Henry

Henry Gretschified

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    I am tempted by the Detroit casket and love layering low gain. Have the barnyard which had its unique honk.

As other said, there are so many great low gain pedals out there. For affordable options, check out the Crayon or the Timmy. Timmy is an anomaly, a talked up gain pedal that is still made one by one by a small builder and, despite all the hype, is still sold at $129 each new. In fact. Used versions are often more expensive due to collectors.

JHowdy and Merc like this.
  15. Sid Nitzerglobin

Jun 8, 2015
    fROMOHIO
    I wound up trading my Supa-Trem 2 for a VT Bass Deluxe on Friday and put this setup together on an empty Metro 24 to play around w/ it:
    [​IMG]
    bass > Polytune 2 Noir > Empress Compressor > Tym Civil War Big Mud > Tech 21 VT Bass Deluxe {Loop: Fairfield Circuitry Unpleasant Surprise > Walrus Audio Lillian} > amp loop return/power amp in

The VT Bass Deluxe is a bit awkward in its dimensions, but I'm loving it (and everything else on the board) so far otherwise. I'm thinking about getting a pedal format amp w/ a phones/balanced out and a loop to pair up w/ it on whatever board it winds up on more permanently as a speakerless/practice and grab and go rig to pair up w/ either the 2x8 tc Electronic cab or the compact Eden 1x12 I've got for low volume jams . I think I'd probably go w/ a Quilter Interblock 45 unless anyone has any suggestions on something better for the application?

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
  16. JHowdy

JHowdy Country Gent

Nov 16, 2013
    Finland
    Price is a bit of an issue. If it wasn't I could try them both. BUT, if I get the band started once more (no drummer at the moment), I bet I'll try the Ubangi Stomp at some point. You all got me interested :).

Merc likes this.
  17. JParry335

JParry335 Gretschie

Jan 22, 2019
    Scottsdale, AZ
    New Old Pedal Board Day!
    This is going to be lengthy so for the TLDR crowd; I put two pedal boards together to make one.

Story goes like this.
    I've got way too many pedals but tried to limit myself to PT Mini's so I can only cram so much on them.
    One board has almost everything I wanted but then I "had" to make another one so I could have my Jimi board.
    I had been thinking about getting a bigger board to combine things and had toyed with the pedalboard planner online.
    Decided a PT Nova18 would work because it would fit in a flight case I already had from my old Sessum board no longer in service.
    Yesterday I had an epiphany and decided to see if the Mini would fit in the case.
    The first one slid in tight but good! So, in went the second one, tight but good as well.
    I put a cable together to connect the two and am really excited.
    My loadout now looks very much like it did before on the outside.
    So now I've "consolidated" to one large board and one small grab n go board.
    PB2.JPG
    PB3R.JPG
    Nano2.JPG

18. pmac11

pmac11 Country Gent

Mar 4, 2018
    Toronto, Ontario
  19. Sid Nitzerglobin

Jun 8, 2015
    fROMOHIO
    I've been working on this one over the past few days for bass and finished hooking every thing up today:
    [​IMG]
    bass > MXR Studio Compressor > tc Polytune 2 Noir > Pigtronix Keymaster [Loop A (Drive) {Fairfield Circuitry Barbershop Millennium > Zvex Germainum Woolly Mammoth > Aguilar Tone Hammer} in series or crossfaded parallel w/ Loop B (time/mod){MXR Carbon Copy Deluxe > EQD The Depths > Aguilar Chorusaurus > MXR Six Band EQ} > Quilter Interblock 45 FX Return > bass cab
    [​IMG]
    I need to dress the cables better, but will probably wait until I get some sheet metal screws so I can install a fused and switched IEC outlet on the rear rails of the board w/ the AC leads for the Zuma and Quilter cut to length and soldered to the switch.

Seems to be working great so far for the intended purposes, namely a nicely portable low to moderate volume setup for practice/noodling/jamming/writing, just add bass(es) and cab(s)/headphones/DAW interface. At 4 ohms it seems to keep up w/ a small kit operated by a drummer w/ good dynamic control assuming you're not playing LOUD music and sounds great through a nice-ish cab or phones.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
    JParry335 and audept like this.
  20. calebaaron666

calebaaron666 Country Gent

Aug 15, 2018
    Portland, Maine
    EECD7A8B-92CA-4E35-9DB3-35C806BEA280.jpeg
    My board had gone thru some changes, and it’s the best incarnation yet.
    Gator power supply>donner tuner>boss OC3 in stereo>EHX b9>fuxx fuzz>nocturne Atomic brain>maxon ad9 delay

I tried the fuxx fuzz after the atomic brain, and it simply did not work, but placing it before the brain works great.

pmac11, Merc and Sid Nitzerglobin like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice