Join Gretsch-Talk Today

Show us your pedalboard

Discussion in 'Pedal Pushers Forum' started by emicad, Mar 9, 2016.

1. b80_

b80_ Electromatic

Jun 21, 2018
    Mississippi, USA
    My humble submission.

G5420T --> Tuner --> Klon KTR --> EQD Dispatch Master --> Orange Dual Terror --> Orange 2x12 Open Back Cab.

[​IMG]

2. johnny g

johnny g Gretschie

Sep 2, 2017
    union, ms
    What is a pedal board ?

3. HypotenusLuvTriangle

HypotenusLuvTriangle Country Gent

Oct 27, 2010
    Whittier, Ca
    Is that a Zelda themed pedal? Or just decoration?

b80_ and pmac11 like this.
  4. Howard hughes

Howard hughes Gretschie

Mar 22, 2018
    London
    im a digital man these days, its all in one convenient tiny slim box! and it sounds just as good, and im o.c.d about tones and the quality of the tones. i can have endless pedals....... Hardcore.png stomps.jpg

LivingMyDream, thunder58 and Wozob like this.
  5. Dostegrar

Dostegrar Country Gent

Nov 5, 2013
    Delta,b.c.
  6. thunder58

thunder58 Gretschified

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
  7. b80_

b80_ Electromatic

Jun 21, 2018
    Mississippi, USA
    It's just a tin in which I keep my guitar picks! Found it in a candy store in Gatlinburg, TN!!

8. CousinWarsh

CousinWarsh Gretschie

Jun 24, 2018
    Western NY
    5125, ts9,carbon copy, boss FRV1, fender champion 600.

upload_2018-7-13_22-31-48.jpeg

pmac11, Outlaw, Trash Kidd and 2 others like this.
  9. capnhiho

capnhiho Gretschie

Feb 16, 2013
    California
    90E978EE-4A0F-45C4-8396-92E710BCAB9F.jpeg
    Here’s my humble board where it resides in my “Tone Corner”

Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
    pmac11 and thunder58 like this.
  10. Freshy

Freshy Gretschie

Sep 30, 2017
    Homosassa FLA
    Jeff Beck's from a recent show

[​IMG]

pmac11, thunder58 and audept like this.
  11. Andy Fortune

Andy Fortune Gretschie

May 24, 2016
    Corning, NY
    7F0A8944-C926-447B-B0E8-2AD4D0A5360D.jpeg Hard to follow Jeff Beck, but we do use the same Echoplex pedal...
    I got a new hard case/pedalboard plus some new goodies, so here is my new live board. The extra space is great for spreading pedals out, and I’m going to do my best to resist squeezing anything else in. Chain is: Shure wireless/Tuner-FoxRox Octron-Area 51 wah-Tech21 Boost Fuzz-Digitech Ventura-Dunlop Echoplex-Effectrode Blackbird preamp-SurfyBear SurfyTrem-EHX Oceans 11-ADA GCS/5 speaker sim-direct to PA.

12. Sid Nitzerglobin

Sid Nitzerglobin Country Gent

Jun 8, 2015
    fROMOHIO
    I finally got around to putting this one together today:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I put this one together on my Pedaltrain Metro 20 for the Marshall-y amps, laid out for the time/mod loop to sit in an effects loop w/ an eye on the JCM800 and Maz Jr. specifically.

It goes :
    guitar > PolyTune 2 Noir> One Control 2Loop switcher [R loop (Devi Ever Vintage Fuzz Master DiY > Fairfield Circuitry Modele B) > L loop (Walrus Audio Emissary)] > JHS Little Black Buffer > amp in > amp loop send > One Control Junction Box I/O A > Zvex Loop Gate [Walrus Audio Julia > Chase Bliss Tonal Recall > JRAD Boing > Zvex Sonar] > One Control Junction Box I/O B > amp loop return

Really super happy w/ it so far playing my Cyclone through the JCM800 and a '74 Champ I'm test driving for the night

The Emissary works amazingly well w/ pretty much any amp I've plugged it into and is the cleanest dirt pedal I've ever encountered. Probably the only dirt pedal I would need w/ any of the British amps I've got that ironically has almost no clipping of it's own.

It's been several months since I've had the Vintage Fuzz Master on a board and I missed it... It's a one trick pony that's pretty much useless for any kind of detailed chords but is one of the coolest nasty AF, snarling, spitting, buzzsaw fuzzes I've ever played for monophonic/duophonic destructive chaos. It's working great into either channel of the JCM800 or the Champ.

The time mod loop seems to work an order of magnitude better in the loop of the 4210 as well so I think it will be worth the effort to hook up the extra cables most of the time.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2018
    thunder58 and audept like this.
  13. dafreeze

dafreeze Friend of Fred

I really don’t need to read through this thread as I’m confident it’ll end up costing me a couple days as well as a small fortune.

I moved a few years ago and after selling a number of pedals, don’t remember all...a high dollar upgraded tube screamer, VOX wah, Hendrix Octavio fuzz...I stowed the rest, played mostly clean or natural pre amp breakup, digital effects or inexpensive modeling amps.

Would like that tubescreamer and wah back for sure.

Some reassembly required;

A4B062F7-89E1-40FD-998E-98424417186D.jpeg 5812B300-D9BA-4FDB-AFBE-FE0616452CBF.jpeg

Andy Fortune and thunder58 like this.
  14. Sid Nitzerglobin

Jun 8, 2015
    fROMOHIO
    After a long while of resisting, I finally ordered a Flint last week that came in yesterday. Put it on the reworked red/yellow Metro 24, which I guess is now the red/gold one ;) :
    [​IMG]
    Routing is
    guitar > PolyTune 2 > Xenogama Tail Loop 2 [ loop 1 ( Candiru Fuzz > 1962x > Atomic Brain ) > loop 2 ( EchoRec > Talisman) > loop 3 (Ekko 616 MkII > Flint > Prestige)] > Little Black Buffer > amp

I didn't finish wiring it all up until around midnight so only got about an hour in w/ it through the Class 5, but so far I'm really liking everything on here. The Flint is seeming super promising and the early favorites for me are the '63 tube trem and the '60s spring. Initial assessment is I've got better pedals for surfy spring drip, but it does a pretty admirable job in that role IMO and the more subtle settings sound beautiful. The tube trem seems like one of the closest to the real thing I've heard in pedal form and all of the models have a great crisp, clean, dynamic quality while still sounding nice and warm and organic to my ears. I think it will wind up being a perpetual pedalboard mainstay for me as long as I'm mostly playing through amps that don't have good trem and spring onboard.

I've been in the process of gradually doing what I said I wasn't going to many months ago and replacing all my power supplies w/ Strymons...:oops: This one got a new Zuma R300 installed on it and was supposed to have an Ojai R30 linked to it but they wound up shipping a replacement AC brick rather than the expansion kit (pick tag was right but the product was wrong), so I snagged one of the standard ones off of another board while they get me the right part.

thunder58, Henry and audept like this.
  15. Sid Nitzerglobin

Jun 8, 2015
    fROMOHIO
    Playing around w/ this little one today:
    [​IMG]
    guitar > PolyTune 2 Noir > Messner > Kilobyte > Tap A Whirl V2 > Levitation > amp

I just picked up the Kilobyte recently and have been pretty darn happy w/ it. It has a real nice character to it and seems surprisingly flexible. Good stuff!

thunder58, audept and Henry like this.
  16. audept

audept I Bleed Orange

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    Gave this new pedal a tryout last night. Very impressed, it sounds really good.
    Keeley 1962x 010.JPG

thunder58, Henry and Sid Nitzerglobin like this.
  17. Henry

Henry Gretschified

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    I've been having leg problems so last week I used my ethos overdrive as a direct in. This also gave me an opportunity to hear more of the reverb side of the flint pedal, used all 3 types, and they really sound quite good.

The ethos had a good clean sound, and its intense overdrive is one of the best I've played through, it truly sings. It doesn't, however, have a convenient light overdrive or grind, which gave me a chance to use the jr barnyard for that purpose. This board was lots of fun.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
  18. vyndance

vyndance Gretschie

Dec 12, 2014
    Bear Valley Springs, CA
    It's done. Really. No, really.:) 20180823_134218.jpg

Sid Nitzerglobin and Henry like this.
  19. Henry

Henry Gretschified

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    How do you like that Boss ES5? I really dislike how large the Mesa 4- button footswitch is. The ES5 is about the same size, and would obviously bring lots more functionality. Do you use it more as loop switcher, or for patch presets, or both?

20. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    Why are all the pedals board square or rectangular? I don’t have a board but when I set pedals up I prefer an arc. Why no curved pedal boards?