Join Gretsch-Talk Today

Show us your pedalboard

Discussion in 'Pedal Pushers Forum' started by emicad, Mar 9, 2016.

1. MikeyUK

MikeyUK Synchromatic

Dec 15, 2016
    Rochdale, GB
    It’s a mini mixer so i’ve Got a lead in one of the four inputs that I can plug the bass guitar into which then runs out to the amp via the looper. I could plug mics into the other three inputs if I felt so inclined

Henry likes this.
  2. Trash Kidd

Trash Kidd Country Gent

Dec 14, 2015
    London U.K.
    Blimey so many pedals on some of these boards!
    Does anyone’s guitar actually sound like a guitar? lol :)
    All i have is Atomic Brain, Tremlo & Echo & that’s enough for me! ;)
    Just sayin’ ;)

alsendk, Bertotti and MikeyUK like this.
  3. wildeman

wildeman Friend of Fred

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    I had that TomSline Dumbler for a while, great pedal. I need to get another one.

4. wildeman

wildeman Friend of Fred

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    That's really all i have too, just several versions:D

Trash Kidd likes this.
  5. Synchro

Synchro The artist formerly known as: Synchro Staff Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Sorry Vista
    Admin Post
    All I use are delay, tremolo and reverb.

Trash Kidd and thunder58 like this.
  6. Andy Fortune

Andy Fortune Gretschie

May 24, 2016
    Corning, NY
    Me, too!
    ...plus wah, fuzz, boost, and rotary/chorus...:rolleyes:

Trash Kidd likes this.
  7. Andy Fortune

Andy Fortune Gretschie

May 24, 2016
    Corning, NY
    8B8F40C7-1625-4D22-8083-2A6D8FD96008.jpeg This my live board—direct to the PA. The Blackbird is my “amp” and the CabDryVr is the speaker sim. While I adore the Mystery Brain, it isn’t needed in this setup so it lives with my ‘63 Ampeg Super Echo Twin, and it is the only thing I use with that amp.

thunder58, Henry and Trash Kidd like this.
  8. audept

audept I Bleed Orange

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    I guess I'm just overly curious. fickle, and self-indulgent. I'm always looking for a new experience. ;)

Trash Kidd likes this.
  9. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    I have some pedals with a few more coming but I don't think I have ever had more than two or three on at the same time. Usually one.

Trash Kidd likes this.
  10. RocknRollShakeUp

RocknRollShakeUp Gretschie

Jun 20, 2017
    USA
    This is my big do it all pedal board that I use for recording projects. I am in the process of changing some things around so it is a bit in disarray right now. I can go from spaghetti western to rocknroll, to Johnny Marr, to ambient noise scapes, to whatever pretty much, and it all sounds very good to me. I run two 15-22 watt tube combo amps, right now a discontinued UK made Orange AD15 and a Goodsell super17, or I switch one of those with a Vintage Sound 15 (Princeton clone), or even a Vintage Sound 22 (Deluxe clone).

Oh I forgot, the Jubilee pedal has been replaced by a Greer Tomahawk set to on the edge of breakup gain, and when I pick lightly the tone is still clean with a sweet slight upper mids boost, and when I pick hard I get a nice edge of breakup to slight breakup tone.
    [​IMG]

I also want to build a small travel board, and I'm debating what 4 pedals I'd go with for a small board, but it will have a:
    - compressor (looking at the Greer Lamplighter)
    - fuzz (I'm thinking of going with the nocturne Seltzerado)
    - O.D. - maybe one with two foot switches for low gain, high gain (not sure here) --Update-- I just got an Ubangi Stomp for this position :D
    - delay pedal (not sure here)

Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
  11. ponca

ponca Gretschie

Nov 27, 2017
    Pennsylvania
    Here's where I am currently:

pedalboard.jpg

It's full for the first time! One in, one out rule engaged... well, that or I find out some new way to tetris these in that makes room for a ninth one. ;)

Not sure what I'm doing with the dirt pedals. I'm auditioning the Gunslinger as a replacement for my Joyo Ultimate Drive, and it seems good but it's not really inspiring me so far. The Perseus is hard to use--sometimes it sounds like the platonic ideal of fuzz, and other times it sounds kind of like noise. Given that I usually play clean anyway and have such limited space on here, I'm wondering if I should try for a distortion/fuzz combo pedal that covers both albeit with a more conventional fuzz sound... there might be a deal locally on a Katzenkönig that I'm considering making an offer on. Other than that, next thing will probably be a(nother) cool reverb... looking at the Old Blood Noise Endeavors Procession or maybe the Dark Star, or... something.

Also, should I get some shorter cables in hopes of making it a little more tidy, or is that ridiculous?

thunder58 and RocknRollShakeUp like this.
  12. Ricochet

Ricochet Gretschified

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    Distortion/Fuzz - Fulltone Catalyst, probably the most under rated Fulltone out there. Even fan boys don’t get this pedal cause it does everything. As a consequence you can find this pedal for peanuts, which is incidently the only currency that matters.

Tidy up? No, it goes with the pizza box theme. That is a pizza box isn’t it?

ponca likes this.
  13. ponca

ponca Gretschie

Nov 27, 2017
    Pennsylvania
    catalyst.jpg

That's a lotta nuts!

Aw dang I didn't think of that. No, it's a second-hand briefcase that I got at Goodwill. Works great for my space, and the savings go right back into more pedals!

Ricochet likes this.
  14. Ricochet

Ricochet Gretschified

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    Only last year(when I got mine) I saw those Catalysts go for around 80 bucks...all day long, used. When did they appreciate in value? Did Slash steal my idea again?

Wozob and ponca like this.
  15. ponca

ponca Gretschie

Nov 27, 2017
    Pennsylvania
    First the hat, now this...

Seems like you can actually get them for more like $150-200 if you look a bit more. Still seems like you bought in at the right time though. :)

Ricochet likes this.
  16. vyndance

vyndance Gretschie

Dec 12, 2014
    Bear Valley Springs, CA
    That's really what Amazon says! There is one used at GC for $69

Ricochet likes this.
  17. Synchro

Synchro The artist formerly known as: Synchro Staff Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Sorry Vista
    Admin Post
    Amazon Marketplace sellers use computers to set their prices. When they are the lone seller, or if just a few sellers, all of whom use programs to set their prices, are present, the prices can spiral out of control.

ponca likes this.
  18. Ricochet

Ricochet Gretschified

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    Look a bit more. 16 Used starting at 50 bucks!
    https://reverb.com/p/fulltone-catalyst

ponca likes this.
  19. markeebee

markeebee Country Gent

20. alsendk

alsendk Electromatic

Oct 30, 2017
    Copenhagen Denmark
    Nothing exceptional, but are working on some kind of a Rockabilly - 50`s pedal box, containing 3 Carl Martin pedals: Red Repeat slapback - DC Overdrive & Surf tremolo. Got the pedals. Just need the wiring now, and a power supply 1-20180408_141820.jpg 1-20180408_141820.jpg

thunder58, Henry, iowa and 3 others like this.