Join Gretsch-Talk Today

Show us your pedalboard

Discussion in 'Pedal Pushers Forum' started by emicad, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Sid Nitzerglobin

Sid Nitzerglobin Country Gent

Jun 8, 2015
    fROMOHIO
    My Ubangi Stomp came in and I got this fairly basic board put together last night for it to live on:
    [​IMG]
    As pictured I've got the Brain > Ubangi but after trying the alternative, the signal path goes:
    guitar > PolyTune Noir > Ubangi Stomp > Atomic Brain > Ekko 616 MkII > Sonar > Little Black Buffer > amp(s)

So far this seems like a really great combination of pedals w/ a very surprising range of sounds on tap from 4 fairly straight forward pedals (well, the Sonar and 616 actually have a lot of options to them, but aren't exactly massive, multi-algorithmic affairs). Seems to work great w/ the AST Pro, Maz Jr. and Class 5 so far.

Srellim1, audept and thunder58 like this.
  2. Srellim1

Srellim1 Gretschie

Feb 6, 2016
    Los Angeles
    I realize that this is an old post, but I’m wondering how you are enjoying the Meteore? I have one en route but, do have concern with respect to the pre delay. How are you finding the pre delay at low gain settings or when you have it at more traditional spring amp settings?
    I am hoping that it will be able to work as a standard reverb when not trying to get out there with it.
    Thanks!

3. audept

audept I Bleed Orange

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    Parts arriving for PB#5. I've been so busy at work I haven't even had time to finish PB#4!
    PB5 parts 003.JPG

4. wildeman

wildeman Friend of Fred

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    Ok, i stuck them down. Still workin with a 1 Spot but i got room for a block. Saved a little room for a nice fuzz and when i want wawa its no problem. Pretty happy with all these things available to me. 20171216_175735.jpg With wawa. 20171216_175816.jpg

Trash Kidd and Sid Nitzerglobin like this.
  5. Wulfgang

Wulfgang Synchromatic

May 22, 2009
    Seattle WA./Omaha NE
    20986709_750204535166101_517406996387856384_n.jpg

Some of my gear back in Washington .. Time to start over from scratch until my return one day.. :(

6. ponca

ponca Gretschie

Nov 27, 2017
    Pennsylvania
    Just got done making a couple changes/upgrades to mine:

pedalcase.jpg

(EHX 360 Looper -> Joyo Ultimate Drive -> Digitech Luxe -> EQD Space Spiral -> EQD Transmisser -> Joyo Tremolo)

I like where it's at, next thing will probably be a cool reverb but between a new guitar and two new pedals, I've been a little spendy on music stuff lately (even if they were all great deals), so that will have to wait a bit. The "board" itself is an old briefcase I got for a few bucks at Goodwill, which is awesome at being both the size I want and really convenient to stow away, although I have no idea what to do about the increasingly messy-looking wires.

thunder58 likes this.
  7. thunder58

thunder58 Gretschified

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    I have that Roland Jazz Chorus 40 . Great amp

Wulfgang likes this.
  8. audept

audept I Bleed Orange

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    PB4 ready for wiring. Going to have to wait until after New Year now.

pb4 dirty shirley 006.JPG

Waxhead, thunder58, Serenity and 3 others like this.
  9. wildeman

wildeman Friend of Fred

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    These two work great together, I'm lovin my Memphis Sun. Set it to mild ADT and slapback on my Hardwire....awesome tone! 15139749538552024126385.jpg

audept and Trash Kidd like this.
  10. audept

audept I Bleed Orange

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    Update:
    Parts being shipped for PB #6 (the TECH 21 amp sim board) no buffers required for this one!
    Parts all arrived for PB #5 (the Nocturne board)
    Waiting to wire up PB #4 (FX loop #2)
    Contemplating re-wiring and minor changes to PB #3 (Drive board #2)

Srellim1 likes this.
  11. G DynaTron

G DynaTron Synchromatic

Dec 7, 2015
    France
    @audept Why do you need 6 pedalboards ?

I think we have a serious GAS situation here :D

thunder58 likes this.
  12. audept

audept I Bleed Orange

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    Well I really only need 5, but I hate uneven numbers.....;)

13. G DynaTron

G DynaTron Synchromatic

Dec 7, 2015
    France
    lol sounds like a good reason :D

Can you explain what each one is made for ? ( sorry my english doesnt get better)

14. audept

audept I Bleed Orange

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    They are split up into modular small boards, 1 power supply each with 8-9 outputs.
    #1 = Drive board 1: Tuner, Nocturne Fuzz-Ray/Nailhead tremelo/Ubangi Stomp/Mystery Brain. Keeley vintage echo chamber.
    #2 = FX loop #1 mainly Strymon with Keeley chorus and reverb.
    #3 = Drive board 2: lots of compression, overdrive, octave doubler, harmonizer, chorus.
    #4 = FX loop #2 TC vintage digital delay. Keeley tape echo sims/vintage delays/doublers Digitech Polara reverb.
    #5 = Nocturne pedals (somewhere to keep them all).
    #6 = TECH 21 sansamps: Liverpool (VOX) Blonde (Fender) California (Mesa Boogie) British (Marshall) VT Bass (Ampeg bass amp).
    The VOX & Fender sansamps are the Deluxe versions with FX loops and balanced outputs.

PB#1-5 have TC buffers in and out. Set up so I can use just the board that has the things I want, or multiple daisy chain boards where I can use individual units on separate boards without any insertion loss

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
    Waxhead, Bertotti and G DynaTron like this.
  15. G DynaTron

G DynaTron Synchromatic

Dec 7, 2015
    France
    Wow that's impressive. Thank you for taking time to explain.

16. audept

audept I Bleed Orange

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    I was going to post pics but all but 3 of the boards are in a state of flux, and #3 is looking nervous........

17. audept

audept I Bleed Orange

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    PB#6 will be getting one of the new Strymon Ojai R30. I only need 5 outputs for this board but I future-proofed it by getting a power supply that has 2 switchable 9/12/18V outputs. I can also link it via a 24 V cable to one of the Zuma power supplies. I'm thinking of changing all the power supplies to Zuma and operating a 24 Volt distribution system. Only need to acquire another 2 Zumas and I'm there!

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
    Waxhead and G DynaTron like this.
  18. Vi-Res

Vi-Res Electromatic

Dec 28, 2017
    Australia
    At present

Attached Files:

19. audept

audept I Bleed Orange

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    The dog is looking unimpressed by anything that can't be eaten.....:)

thunder58 and Vi-Res like this.
  20. G DynaTron

G DynaTron Synchromatic

Dec 7, 2015
    France
    Nice Vi-Res. Where are your 5 other pedalboards ?

Wait... you only have one ?

Vi-Res likes this.