Join Gretsch-Talk Today

Show us your pedalboard

Discussion in 'Pedal Pushers Forum' started by emicad, Mar 9, 2016.

1. audept

audept I Bleed Orange

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    I feel so much better now there is another pedalboard obsessive on the forum, Sid! Strength in numbers.....

Srellim1 and Sid Nitzerglobin like this.
  2. Wulfgang

Wulfgang Synchromatic

May 22, 2009
    Seattle WA./Omaha NE
  3. Wulfgang

Wulfgang Synchromatic

May 22, 2009
    Seattle WA./Omaha NE
    Ha 3 years later and I still suck at posting pics on this site!

4. Sid Nitzerglobin

Sid Nitzerglobin Country Gent

Jun 8, 2015
    fROMOHIO
    The flakier the regular band mates get, the more I screw w/ my gear... coincidence ya think?:rolleyes: But yeah man, I likes me some sounds in general too :D

I'm not sure who said it first, but I completely identify w/ the statement "I play amplifier as much as I play guitar"

Srellim1 likes this.
  5. Srellim1

Srellim1 Gretschie

Feb 6, 2016
    Los Angeles
    Err... ✊✊✊

audept and Sid Nitzerglobin like this.
  6. audept

audept I Bleed Orange

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    The last pedal for PB#4 is now in transit, expected arrival next Monday.
    PB#5 components ordered last night: PT Classic Jr, Strymon Zuma power supply and brackets are all on the way.

7. Srellim1

Srellim1 Gretschie

Feb 6, 2016
    Los Angeles
    This is so awesome.

audept likes this.
  8. audept

audept I Bleed Orange

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    What's really awesome is the numbers on my credit card transactions! :(

Srellim1 likes this.
  9. audept

audept I Bleed Orange

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    After PB#5 I'm going back to buying guitars. These high-end pedalboards turn out more expensive than pro-line Gretsch guitars.

Sid Nitzerglobin likes this.
  10. Sid Nitzerglobin

Jun 8, 2015
    fROMOHIO
    QFT

audept likes this.
  11. Andy Fortune

Andy Fortune Gretschie

May 24, 2016
    Corning, NY
    8D28C5C8-FF6A-4072-A9CD-EDCFB201B8F5.jpeg Alright...my one and only board is approaching perfection, at least for my live setup.
    Area 51 wah-Korg Pitchblack tuner-Mooer Slow Engine-function f(x) Clusterfuzz Jr-Nocturne Mystery Brain-Ethos Overdrive-Mooer Ensemble King-Surfy Bear SurfyTrem-JHS Spring Tank-Akai Headrush E2. I run this direct to the PA, but the Ethos is the amp version so I can also drive a speaker cab.

12. Sid Nitzerglobin

Jun 8, 2015
    fROMOHIO
    Looks like a really great setup! How's the Spring Tank working for you?

13. Sid Nitzerglobin

Jun 8, 2015
    fROMOHIO
    I got the FilterTron board rekajiggered tonight:
    [​IMG]
    I haven't got too deep w/ it yet but I think it'll be staying this way until the Ubangi Stomp shows up (and potentially after if I wind up w/ another Brain in the interim ;) ). That Rat is the first pedal I ever bought so it's kinda cool playing through it again after a decent hiatus...

14. Andy Fortune

Andy Fortune Gretschie

May 24, 2016
    Corning, NY
    The Spring Tank is quite good, as long as I run it after the Ethos in the effects loop. I vastly prefer the Topanga for surf 6G15 sounds, but the Spring Tank gives me more versatility live with the two foot switch settings and, in a mix, it sounds very surfy when needed.
    It is more decay than drip, but that allows me to use it more like a room/hall reverb most of the time without it getting too sproinky.

Sid Nitzerglobin likes this.
  15. Srellim1

Srellim1 Gretschie

Feb 6, 2016
    Los Angeles
    Hey
    How do you find it compared to the Topanga? One aspect of the Topanga that I do not love is the crispy 'fizzle.' Does this exist in the Spring Tank?

16. Andy Fortune

Andy Fortune Gretschie

May 24, 2016
    Corning, NY
    There is no fizzle with the Spring Tank. I know what you are referring to, and there is less of it running the Topanga at 18v, but I'm not crazy about the stiffness that gives it. I find the Topanga great for drippy surf, but it is impossible to dial out the fizziness at moderate to low reverb settings.
    The Spring Tank has more "click" than drip in it's emulation of springs. the controls for depth, high rolloff, and length are very effective at shaping the overall sound. It takes awhile to find the right combination because they are pretty interactive. I did not like the Spring Tank running into the front end of an amp (or Ethos OD, in my case) because the echo repeats are to prominent and don't overdrive nicely. Running it in the loop works great, and I can get anything from a cavernous hall to small tile bathroom and dial in the depth to taste.

audept and Sid Nitzerglobin like this.
  17. Andy Fortune

Andy Fortune Gretschie

May 24, 2016
    Corning, NY
    33D640E0-827E-4FBE-871A-C7C140BC93F7.jpeg
    You can see my settings here—sorry for the poor photo. Keep in mind the pedal is being hit with the speaker sim output, which is less hot. A hotter signal makes for a livelier response and you'd have to compensate.

18. Srellim1

Srellim1 Gretschie

Feb 6, 2016
    Los Angeles
    Thanks for the detailed response!
    This is good information as I run everything front of amp.
    The demos do sound very good.

19. Sid Nitzerglobin

Jun 8, 2015
    fROMOHIO
    Finished up rearranging and rewiring the big bass board w/ the Empress Compressor and and rocked it out for a couple hours w/ the Squier VI this evening after practice w/ the bass player this afternoon.

Here's the bass board:
    [​IMG]
    It's going like so :
    instrument > PolyTune 2 Noir > Compressor > Ditto > True-Path ABY-ST
    A > MF Boost > Classic Bass Preamp > left 1Loop Box [ Julia > ARP-87 ] > Mute Box > PF-50T
    B > Bellows > BB Preamp > right 1Loop Box [ Tractor Beam ] > M--108 Ten Band EQ > OB11--500

I've still got work to do dialing stuff in w/ the actual basses but so far I'm loving both sides individually or together w/ the Squier VI. Seems like I'll have easy access to smorgasbord of clean and driven sounds that I'm really liking. The Empress Comp sounds great so far, no issues w/ the low frequency feedback in this setup like I was getting w/ the Little Lehle and the OneControl 1Loop boxes seem super solid and noise free. I'm really liking the modulation options too, both the Julia and the Tractor Beam seem to get along well w/ bass, are pretty flexible, and sound great to me. The ARP-87 has been surprisingly fun to play around w/. I haven't really been one for delay on bass before, but there are some really cool sounds to be had there. I'm gonna need to get one of the riser doohickys or make an external tap switch for it as it takes a fair amount of toe pointing to get to it behind the expression pedal.

The Filtertron board was sounding great through the Remedy > the Z 2x10 w/ either the 5655 or Booncater w/ the bass player and robo-drummer. The Mystery Brain was surprisingly magical on the '78 WRHB in the neck of the Booncaster and was working really well w/ the Jerry Donahue in the bridge as well. The Setzers sounded better than ever to me. Palm muted notes on the 5th and 6th strings are seriously grin inducing w/ the Brain cranking into the Rat and Modele B. The delay is proving to be extremely useful for a wide range of applications too. I'm amazed at the range of sounds I can get out of the whole setup and really pleased w/ how all the time/mod and drive pedals are working together.

20. audept

audept I Bleed Orange

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    Last piece arrived for PB#4:
    Alter Ego X4 008.JPG