Join Gretsch-Talk Today

Show us your pedalboard

Discussion in 'Pedal Pushers Forum' started by emicad, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Ricochet

Ricochet Gretschified

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    Having loads of fun making a budget headphone/practice rig with a box of cheap pedals I seldom use. I've mixed'm up with some "real" pedals for s&g.

I'm using the Neunaber Iconoclast speaker cab emulator, Sony MDR7506 headphones, and either the Joyo/Tech21 ACtone(Vox) or British(Marshall) amp sims, with a tiny Kokko Space(a rather limited but cheap hall type reverb) for a little ambience.

Testing with a Boss/daisy chain to identify the more noise susceptible pedals. Started with the cheapest pedals and worked my way up the budget.

9382692B-85C7-47ED-B25F-894AAEDA5599.jpeg

The cheap Caline Highwayman(Xotic RC booster clone) is great as a transparent boost light dirt box as was the Subdecay Liquid Sunshine. For fun I tried the two Brains here as well. I certainly can hear their usefulness. They're not what I'm looking for with this rig. I'll have to dig up the Billy.
    The Empress Tape delay as outstanding as it is as an FX, failed miserably wired up to a daisy chain. In fairness, every delay probably would...
    Fulltone Catalyst, wow, very underrated pedal, even among Fulltone fans. If I could bring only one do it all dirt box this would probably be it. From boost to hi gain to fuzz.
    My fav was the Rocket Animal(impressive Marshall sound from Plexi to Bogner modded JCM800). The Joyo Ultimate drive(OCD clone) was good for those mid gainy Marshall sounds as well, but way too noisy in the Joyo form factor.

Lastly. The Sony 7506 with the AC clone is painfully bright!

Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
    thunder58 and Sid Nitzerglobin like this.
  2. Henry

Henry Friend of Fred

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    How do you like that dual drive pedal that I can't remember the name of, blackthorn engineering?

I remember. Blackstone appliances.

3. TV the Wired Turtle

TV the Wired Turtle Gretschified

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    I'm diggin that purple, silver and black vibe bigtime.. Makes me want to shoot more Purple Monster Flake!!

Henry and Sid Nitzerglobin like this.
  4. Ricochet

Ricochet Gretschified

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    Didn't blow me away. Adjusting it on the fly was a huge PITA(I think I tore a nail:D), so maybe I haven't unearthed it's full potential yet. I think it will fair better with a real amp not a sim. Just like the Bass Soul Food pedal.

Henry likes this.
  5. Sid Nitzerglobin

Sid Nitzerglobin Synchromatic

Jun 8, 2015
    fROMOHIO
    Thanks man!

Give me heads up if you decide to do an Ubangi Stomp and/or Nailhead run in purple flake. I'd order one/both of those in a quick second ;)

6. Mag3

Mag3 Gretschie

Nov 22, 2016
    Massachusetts
  7. Bertotti

Bertotti Synchromatic

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    My temp board to get order figured out. i know the Ltd does nto like being after the RC they both like being first. I still have to more to add as I get them a Xotic Soul Driven and Xotic wah. Which will mean a new source of power unless the way has its own walwart. This brick won't be big enough.

Attached Files:

8. audept

audept I Bleed Orange

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    Preliminary planning for Pedalboard #5 is now starting...........:cool:

thunder58 likes this.
  9. TV the Wired Turtle

TV the Wired Turtle Gretschified

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    good idea :)

Sid Nitzerglobin likes this.
  10. bubblyah

bubblyah Synchromatic

Jan 17, 2010
    Calgary,Alberta
    This is my set up minus the Be-od. I couldn't get that pedal to sound right to my ears.

Attached Files:

thunder58 likes this.
  11. thunder58

thunder58 Gretschified

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    .................. and what is it we do with these pedalboards may I ask ???

12. audept

audept I Bleed Orange

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    I'm taking tap-dancing lessons from a Fred Astaire how-to video. :cool:

CatTones and thunder58 like this.
  13. thunder58

thunder58 Gretschified

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    ......... at least you're learning from the best

emicad likes this.
  14. audept

audept I Bleed Orange

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    Nah, it's because he was such a fan of redheads! ;)

thunder58 likes this.
  15. thunder58

thunder58 Gretschified

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    and there ya go folks

CatTones likes this.
  16. emicad

emicad Synchromatic

Jul 14, 2015
    Rome, Italy
    I like redheads from Game of Thrones.

17. Wozob

Wozob Country Gent

Jul 6, 2014
    The Netherlands
    It has changed slightly since my previous post.

IMG_0608.jpg

18. Srellim1

Srellim1 Gretschie

Feb 6, 2016
    Los Angeles
    Board 2!
    I’ve just moved this one from a Pedaltrain Metro 20 to a Classic Junior. The tuner is not hanging off the side though it looks it in the photo.
    The chain is tuner,Dr. Scientist Frazz Dazzler (awesome fuzz), Reuss RSH-3 (early Distorion + coupled w early Blue Box circuit), Belle Epoch Deluxe Reuss Old Black Shoe OD, Ubangi Stomp, Mystery Brain, Dr. Scientist Tremolessence, Topanga.
    I tend to change out the fuzz and the OD in the Old Black Shoe position a lot. I’m considering a different Reverb. The rest are cemented in! Like our friend Audept, I’m using an Ojai to power everything.

Its worth noting that the atomic side of the Mystery Brain really brings the BED to life. Which is interesting as the BED is based on an Echoplex and the Atomic is an RE-301.
    357230A2-6BE0-4B22-8FAB-9A4DF9761BC7.jpeg

thunder58 and audept like this.
  19. audept

audept I Bleed Orange

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    An Ojai or a Zuma?

20. Srellim1

Srellim1 Gretschie

Feb 6, 2016
    Los Angeles
    I’m using an Ojai for this and another Classic Jr. I know you’d mentioned getting a Zuma, but I thought you’d also mentioned that you were using an Ojai as well?