Seeing Queen + Adam Lambert Tonight

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by drmilktruck, Aug 10, 2019.

1. MTurner

MTurner Friend of Fred

Aug 17, 2010
    Clayton, North Carolina, USA
    Well, he is an astrophysicist, after all.

drmilktruck and Armygirl like this.
  2. Sabato

Sabato Synchromatic

Mar 22, 2019
    Massachusetts
    Even when I saw the movie, I didn't know Adam Lambert had a cameo

drmilktruck and Armygirl like this.
  3. drmilktruck

drmilktruck Gretschified

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    Adam on a "bike" for Bicycle Race

[​IMG]

More out of this world stuff for Brian:

[​IMG]

The stage post show as David Bowie's Heroes played.

[​IMG]

4. loudnlousy

loudnlousy Friend of Fred

Oct 18, 2015
    Hildesheim, Germany
    There will never be another Freddie.
    A tragedy like that happend to many, many acts. Think of AC/DC.
    I really grant these guys every success. Good to have them around and good that they found a profund singer like Adam.
    I really regret that they did not carry on with a century-icon like George Michael, though. He would have been the one that was possibly able to lift their music to another level. And I am sure that there are millions of fans that would agree.
    None the less: Enjoy the gig, friend.

drmilktruck likes this.
  5. Armygirl

Armygirl Country Gent

Mar 14, 2014
    Edinburgh
    That looks and sounds epic!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

drmilktruck likes this.
  6. drmilktruck

drmilktruck Gretschified

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    So, they played for just over 2 hours. Hit pretty much everything you'd expect and only a few that Joan or I wanted to hear were missed. No drum solo! (Yay!) The pacing was perfect, unlike the Heart show I complained about last month. The pace rose and fall, allowing people to sit down at times and even grab a potty break without missing the big parts. One difference was that several songs were done as part of a medley. I knew that going in and didn't like it in theory, but it worked out. Some songs are better when you only hear a few verses and choruses without the repeats and the fade, especially when combined with similar songs.

A too long guitar solo by Brian, in two parts.

The first was the space themed visual show. That part was built on the New Horizons song Brian wrote for NASA. (No vocals during the show.)

The other part was based on Brighton Rock from the 2012 Olympics.

Adam was less campy this time compared to 2 years ago and ceded a lot of the spotlight to Brian. He was strongest on the ballads.

Roger's vocals were good. (I don't understand why people dump on I'm In Love with My Car.) He did the Bowie parts on Under Pressure. His drums were typically loud and powerful, although there was a second percussionist/drummer.

The sidemen wore black and were in the dark on the left side of the stage mostly. The stars were on the right in the spotlight.

Packed to the rafters, completely sold out. Quite a few younger folks, usually with parents, but some in groups of friends. Loud crowd, sang along a lot and the band interacted well with the audience and encouraged participation. This was particularly effective during Brian's solo set, Love of My Life and 39. I did a complete video of the first. Not very good video quality but good sound. (I'll post it after this.) Adam and Roger joined the guitarist at the front of the thrust stage for Crazy Thing Called Love and Under Pressure. (That stretch may have been the highlight of the show.)

Amazing Brian and Roger are in their 70s and still very solid and energetic.

Outstanding lighting, effects and video. Definitely added to the show. The set wasn't as striking as the Red Special set last time, but still great.

I'd still give the ELO show the best of the Grammy for my summer, but this one was very close. We'd see them again if there's a next tour.

Armygirl and loudnlousy like this.
  7. drmilktruck

drmilktruck Gretschified

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    My wife agrees with you on George Michael. He would have been the perfect match, as good as Adam is.

loudnlousy likes this.
  8. loudnlousy

loudnlousy Friend of Fred

Oct 18, 2015
    Hildesheim, Germany

Sabato likes this.
  9. drmilktruck

drmilktruck Gretschified

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
  10. drmilktruck

drmilktruck Gretschified

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    I forgot to share the best story of the night. My wife and I were parking and I was at the pay box. A guy rode up to me on his bike and told me that he was homeless and that he was unable to get into the shelter that night. There is actually a shelter just a few blocks from Xcel energy Center. So he asked if I could help him out. I gave him some money. We were walking away and suddenly he rode up again on his bike, clutching my credit card in his hand. I hadn’t grabbed it out of the machine. He brought it back To me. I gave him some more money as a thanks. He called me brother and my wife sister. We exchanged hugs. I guess that sometimes helping people comes back to help you.

11. thunder58

thunder58 I Bleed Orange

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
  12. englishman

englishman Gretschified

Apr 5, 2014
    Detroit
    Except he's still dead.

Henry and Sabato like this.
  13. drmilktruck

drmilktruck Gretschified

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    My wife wonders if George had been approached earlier, maybe his life trajectory would have been different.

14. Henry

Henry Gretschified

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    So in layman's terms what did he die of, bad diet and generally out of shape, or a more specific disease?

15. stevo

stevo Country Gent

May 1, 2012
    Atlanta
    When I saw that Adam Lambert was singing for Queen a while back, I thought, "that's right, very right".

drmilktruck and dlew919 like this.
  16. dlew919

dlew919 Synchromatic

Jul 18, 2016
    Sydney, Australia
    In layman’s terms his heart gave out. It was swollen and fatty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Henry

Henry Gretschified

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    I got that part, I'd like to understand why. Genetic disease, poor habits, etc.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice