Seeing Queen + Adam Lambert Tonight

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by drmilktruck, Aug 10, 2019.

1. drmilktruck

drmilktruck Gretschified

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    My wife's favorite band, who are even more popular now worldwide than they were during their heyday. Looking forward to it. 2 years ago was a great show and the reviews of last night's concert in Chicago say this one is even better. I know many here will grump that it's not the "Real" Queen as Mr Mercury is no longer with us, but it's as close as we can get without a time machine. (Bassist John Deacon is one of those naysayers, refusing to participate in anything since Freddie died, but as Brian May has said, "He's more than happy to cash the checks.") Full report tomorrow.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2019
  2. dlew919

dlew919 Synchromatic

Jul 18, 2016
    Sydney, Australia
    I’ll be seeing them for the fourth time (once with Freddie and twice with Adam) in feb. looking forward to your review.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drmilktruck likes this.
  3. dak55

dak55 Synchromatic

May 31, 2018
    Mills River NC
    Enjoy. I'm sure it will be great!! No he's not Freddie, but the young man still has a good set of pipes. No one cares about bass players anyway.;)

larryb and drmilktruck like this.
  4. Sabato

Sabato Synchromatic

Mar 22, 2019
    Massachusetts
    I've been a fan of Adam Lambert since the American Idol days, which is where Brian May met him and decided that he was their guy. It is said that if Adam had actually won Idol he would have been locked out of the Queen opportunity.
    At the Kennedy Center honors for Cher, Adam took a weird Cher song and turned it into a beautiful ballad:

5. drmilktruck

drmilktruck Gretschified

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    Few people remember who beat him. Can you?

(Waiting ...)

This guy. Adam's been a lot more successful I'd say.

6. drmilktruck

drmilktruck Gretschified

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    You can decide for yourself:

7. Sabato

Sabato Synchromatic

Mar 22, 2019
    Massachusetts
    I thing by that time "American Idol" had become something of a joke where fans purposely voted for someone who was not necessarily the best.

drmilktruck likes this.
  8. larryb

larryb Gretschified

Oct 29, 2012
    Greenville, SC
    Have a great time Jim!

drmilktruck likes this.
  9. Armygirl

Armygirl Country Gent

Mar 14, 2014
    Edinburgh
    Lucky you! X

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

drmilktruck likes this.
  10. Charlie westside

Charlie westside Country Gent

Jul 27, 2018
    Sylmar Califirnia
    I hope you have a great time. Adam dose just fine. Queen is one of my favorite bands of all time
    and I have never seen them live. I would absolutely never pass up an opportunity to see Brian May and Roger Traylor perform if the opportunity presents itself. Love Freddy, But I'm ok with Adam Lambert or Paul Rodgers.

drmilktruck likes this.
  11. englishman

englishman Gretschified

Apr 5, 2014
    Detroit
    Adam actually has a better range than Freddie did. Although it's not the 'same' it's still damn good anytime you get to hear Dr. May do his stuff.

12. Charlie westside

Charlie westside Country Gent

Jul 27, 2018
    Sylmar Califirnia
    A absolutly. Adam actually performs as well as sing so well.He is an all around performer.

Sabato and drmilktruck like this.
  13. radd

radd Country Gent

Dec 27, 2017
    Santa cruz
    Freddy was amazing with his ability to connect with the audience. However, at the risk of being flamed , I think Adam is a better singer and you even get hints of that from Brian in the outstanding Queen Lambert documentary.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2019
    dlew919 likes this.
  14. drmilktruck

drmilktruck Gretschified

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    5BB18E2C-EF98-4389-838F-F6A25D5E708E.jpeg 68F3161F-BC6C-492A-A744-5EDC459214DC.jpeg 15 minutes to showtime!

larryb, Henry, thunder58 and 4 others like this.
  15. dlew919

dlew919 Synchromatic

Jul 18, 2016
    Sydney, Australia
    Freddie’s live range was lower and less than his recorded range. He knew how to save his voice, more or less. I don’t know that Adam is 'better' but he’s certainly not worse.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

drmilktruck and radd like this.
  16. englishman

englishman Gretschified

Apr 5, 2014
    Detroit
    Range notwithstanding, there was so much more to Freddie onstage.

dlew919 likes this.
  17. TSims1

TSims1 Friend of Fred

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta
    Queen has never been my thing, though I respect the extremely high level of excellency of the work. Freddie was simply not my cup of tea, though I completely respect the incredible gifting’s that he had.

Now Adam Lambert? For some odd reason I don’t actually WANT to like him, yet I can’t help it....? That dude is IMMENSELY and insanely talented as a vocalist.....and what an incredible statement to not only do well with a solo career but also honor tradition by standing on the shoulders of a GIANT to carry on the work of a legendary band while not actually NEEDING the shot in the arm that that kind of fame brings. It MAKES me respect him.

Sabato, Ricochet, drmilktruck and 2 others like this.
  18. dlew919

dlew919 Synchromatic

Jul 18, 2016
    Sydney, Australia
    Agreed. I was talking about voice. Adam does a remarkable job in holding his own. Brian said Freddie would both love him and hate him. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drmilktruck likes this.
  19. latetotheparty

latetotheparty Electromatic

Mar 18, 2018
    Omaha
    We saw them last year. Great show!

drmilktruck likes this.
  20. drmilktruck

drmilktruck Gretschified

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    Dr May soloing on top of an asteroid.

IMG_4710.jpeg

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice