Rob Zombie next wednesday

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by Bertotti, Jul 19, 2019.

1. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    Wife wanted tickets so now we are going. I like his music but hate concerts and the crowds. Always some kind of altercation. Perhaps in this day and age with the new breed of kids, it will be easier to put up with. Back in the day, it seemed every guy was looking for a fight. I have no idea what to expect. I do hope its a good show!

Armygirl and Ricochet like this.
  2. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    I saw him with White Zombie in the 90’s. He put on a great show back then but have no idea about now. Enjoy!

3. loudnlousy

loudnlousy Friend of Fred

Oct 18, 2015
    Hildesheim, Germany
    As long as you are able to get out of your normal routine: Enjoy it to the max.

4. Ricochet

Ricochet I Bleed Orange

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    White Zombie were a breath of fresh air back then. I almost gave up on rock because of the Glam thing.

MotorCentaur, Bertotti and Merc like this.
  5. wildeman

wildeman Gretschified

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    Is that the dude sang Smooth with Santana?:D

larryb and calebaaron666 like this.
  6. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    Hmm let me see, You can choose which you prefer. I actually like both but there is only one Rob Zombie and only one Rob Thomas.

Pick your poison for me it all depends on the mood.

or

wildeman likes this.
  7. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    Off on a tangent Santana, I also like the song Maria Maria. But it ain't no dead girl. Again Pick your poison!

8. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    Sorry, @wildeman got me started on this juxtaposition. Is that the right word?

9. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    Who’s opening?

10. Ricochet

Ricochet I Bleed Orange

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    I'm quite comfortable moving between these two. Give me more cowbell, I mean tangent.

11. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    Marlin Manson. I can't stand his music. I wanna puke but I will put up with it for Rob Zombie.

MKunie likes this.
  12. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    I was talking to a guy I know who is an incredible player. Neither one of us like the tone Santana has but it works for him. I wouldn't choose it as my sound but he has made it his own. To me, it's like a really overpowered mud switch. I still like his music, not all but some and certainly wish I had some of his skill!

13. Ricochet

Ricochet I Bleed Orange

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    I liked early Santana tone, back when he played a P90 SG and the early Boogies, and still had some fire. With every switch of guitar or amp he seemed to add gain and compression.
    Haven't listened to him in years. Last time it was turning pretty musak-y.

Bertotti likes this.
  14. MPF805

MPF805 Electromatic

Mar 5, 2018
    Ohio
    Saw Mr. Zombie with KORN back in the day. Dual headliner type show. Opener was Mindless Self Indulgence. Good times!

15. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    Now Korn I could handle.

RG7X likes this.
  16. claypainter

claypainter Electromatic

Dec 31, 2018
    Katy, TX
    I saw him last year. He puts on a good show. Have fun.

17. claypainter

claypainter Electromatic

Dec 31, 2018
    Katy, TX
    To expand on my previous post, it was a Manson & Zombie tour too (here in Houston).
    I like both of them. Manson wasn't in good shape (either drugs or just sick... hard to tell). He played an abbreviated set 3 or 4 songs... and being a fan, I was disappointed.

Zombie came out and killed it. Honestly it was the loudest concert I've ever been too. My clothes were hitting my body with each thump.

It was a good mix of young Zombie fans, middle aged people like myself, and older Zombie/Alice Cooper fans.

Ricochet and MPF805 like this.
  18. RG7X

RG7X Gretschie

Nov 11, 2018
    Los Angeles
    You'll be fine. There's always a couple of weirdos but the majority of people at metal shows are there to actually listen and have a good time.

19. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    image.jpg So my wife decide to check her tickets and low and behold we are sitting in the arena now. It is tonight and not tomorrow. Floor level without being on the floor.

20. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice