Join Gretsch-Talk Today

RIP Chris Cornell

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by TonV, May 18, 2017.

1. stevo

stevo Country Gent

May 1, 2012
    Atlanta
    Yep, you clearly get what it's about.

2. loudnlousy

loudnlousy Country Gent

Oct 18, 2015
    Hildesheim, Germany
    Again sad news. Cornell was a great singer. Unique voice and great style. I always found his work to be very exciting and enjoyable.
    Another good one "left the building". RIP

3. MKunie

MKunie Gretschie

Feb 8, 2012
    Las Vegas,NV USA
    No Idea? WOW. YOU have no idea, anyone who could do this to their family,friends, and in his case, fans is a loser. nothing more, nothing less. I have personal experience, and a lot of it, been through the entire ordeal more than a few times. But overcame the Loser's way out, That's all it adds up to. Not nice? Not fair, Oh well this life is neither and never will be. Loser/Coward that is all. People need to get over themselves. Oh well.

4. MKunie

MKunie Gretschie

Feb 8, 2012
    Las Vegas,NV USA
    EXACTLY! we are all humans and most times can get a different opinion and insight on life. Care about yourself and others. There's Always another way. Talk to others.

5. Aymara

Aymara Country Gent

Jul 6, 2013
    Germany
    Depression is an illness, that can't be seen ... and sometimes, that ends with suicide.

It's not as easy, that one can call it "looser" ... these people are ill!

Waxhead likes this.
  6. stevo

stevo Country Gent

May 1, 2012
    Atlanta
    Funny, my son did this in 2008 and I don't call him a loser. So clearly I do have an idea of what it's about. If you have been through it as you say, you've learned nothing from it. You would know that calling people losers is wrong. It's actually the opposite of helpful, it stigmatizes all who are touched by it and discourages healing from happening. One day you'll grow up and understand that mocking this is not the way to heal it.

Do you see what I mean? Now will you stop? Please?

Last edited: May 19, 2017
    Bodhi and Henry like this.
  7. MKunie

MKunie Gretschie

Feb 8, 2012
    Las Vegas,NV USA
    I am so sorry for your loss, I am not apologizing whatsoever, yet. I understand and feel your loss in my heart, truthfully and painfully. So Sorry my friend.MK

8. stevo

stevo Country Gent

May 1, 2012
    Atlanta
    Okay, so thanks for the sympathy, but why did you persist after the first time I mentioned it?

9. Aymara

Aymara Country Gent

Jul 6, 2013
    Germany
    Exactly, because depressed people already are stigmatized, before suicide happens. And that is the reason why it happens. So again ... it's a mental illness.

stevo and Henry like this.
  10. Henry

Henry Friend of Fred

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    My first love I met after she attempted suicide and my best friend from 8th grade shot himself at age 22. I still experience bouts of weeping every year or so when memories of him hit me I don't see how you can write something like the above and tell others to "get over themselves" but I guess I'm more sympathetic to losers and coward and slower to judge them.

11. Rob Williams

Rob Williams Country Gent

Jul 5, 2014
    SE QLD
    We all have moments of being losers. It's part of what makes us human. Anyone who thinks their a winner all the time is kidding themselves and when they fall, they will fall hard. As I see it life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you deal with it. Lucky I have learnt from being a winner and being a loser at different times in my life. Not to get too deep but we all have parts of ourselves we don't like and the first step to overcoming that is to acknowledge those shortcomings, and then you have a chance of changing or accepting those things. Who would truly appreciate the sun, if it never rained?

j.s.c and MKunie like this.
  12. MKunie

MKunie Gretschie

Feb 8, 2012
    Las Vegas,NV USA
    Thank you.

13. Ricochet

Ricochet Gretschified

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    People can be so hard on themselves... :(

14. Aymara

Aymara Country Gent

Jul 6, 2013
    Germany
    Yes, sure, but that has nothing to do with the illness "Depression", which is a totally different thing and the main cause for suicide.

But sometimes there are different reasons ... for example a friend of mine, who did it after he became to know, that he has cancer and will die very slowly and painfull. Was he a coward? I don't think so.

Calling someone a coward or looser is just too simple thinking, sorry.

PS: But Hitler was coward, but he was also a madman.

Waxhead likes this.
  15. Bravefaces

Bravefaces Gretschie

Jan 13, 2014
    Central Australia NT
    You're a good man!

MKunie and Aymara like this.
  16. larryb

larryb Gretschified

Oct 29, 2012
    Greenville, SC
    I am so sorry to hear that about your son

stevo likes this.
  17. stevo

stevo Country Gent

May 1, 2012
    Atlanta
    Thanks mate.

larryb likes this.
  18. Aymara

Aymara Country Gent

Jul 6, 2013
    Germany
    I lost my cousin, but loosing your son this way, is much harder ... :eek:*gulp*:eek:

19. Tony65x55

Tony65x55 Friend of Fred

Sep 23, 2011
    The 'Shwa, Ontario, Canada
    Every parent's worst nightmare, the ultimate grief. I'm so sorry Stevo.