Join Gretsch-Talk Today

RHH gives a good show!

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by J Bird, Sep 10, 2017.

1. J Bird

J Bird Gretschie

Dec 2, 2016
    Washougal
    Last night, at the Roseland, in Portland, was a really fun show. Four bands, all quite different and all thoroughly enjoyable. Strung Out, a so. Cal. punk band totally kicked it out. Fishbone hasn't slowed down one bit; I was especially excited to see them for my first time and they did not disappoint. The Rev. took us home with a good set and a great, long encore set. Jim, Jimbo and RJ were having a lot of fun up on stage.

The sound was ok for a small theater, I'd have dropped the levels of the kick and floor tom, as they tended to squash some of the bass and guitar frequencies. That, or have Jim use a Brain pedal to cut through a little better. Just my opinion.

You can tell he's been playing that one 6120 for a while. He never went to his back-up and his main unit has a nice patch of buckle rash. I think he was going straight in to two Gretsch Executives.

Whew, 2 a.m. was a late one for me, I'm tired today. Anybody else catch the show, or tour? And, why the heck didn't I get Darby's number? Doh!

Dead Roman and DaddyDog like this.
  2. Rob Williams

Rob Williams Country Gent

Jul 5, 2014
    SE QLD
    RHH give a great show!!:)

J Bird likes this.
  3. Trash Kidd

Trash Kidd Country Gent

Dec 14, 2015
    London U.K.
    Love the Rev!!!

J Bird likes this.
  4. DaddyDog

DaddyDog Country Gent

Sep 18, 2011
    Mississauga, Canada
    I've noticed in recent pics there are two Executives on stage. I would guess one is just a backup. Did he also have his padded baffle in front of one or both? That's an interesting idea I'd like to try some time.

J Bird likes this.
  5. J Bird

J Bird Gretschie

Dec 2, 2016
    Washougal
    Yep, diamond-tucked folding screen baffle in front of the amp that was miked.

It was a great show. I had tons of fun.

6. slimwilson

slimwilson Synchromatic

Dec 22, 2015
    Arlington, Tx
    I have seen RHH 5 times, and each time was killer. Oddly enough, I haven't seen them once in the 6 years I have lived in their home area.

7. not_man_davo

not_man_davo Gretschie

Feb 13, 2015
    tejas
    He's gonna ba back at the Bomb Factory in Ellum on the 22nd if you're lookin to rectify that. I've seen him in 5 or 6 different cities and his hometown crowds are usually a gas.

8. slimwilson

slimwilson Synchromatic

Dec 22, 2015
    Arlington, Tx
    I may have to look into that, though I hate going to Dallas haha

9. not_man_davo

not_man_davo Gretschie

Feb 13, 2015
    tejas
    Yeah, I hear ya. I worked in Ellum until recently though, and it's nothing like the bourgie uptown nonsense. kinda hipsteriffic, but so is everything at the moment really. HAHA. Bomb Factory is a cool venue though. If you haven't already, Make a trip to Rob's Chop Shop on Perry across from Fair Park. no one on earth cuts hair like Rob. He's the best there is. I've run into Jim there several times in fact.

10. loudnlousy

loudnlousy Country Gent

Oct 18, 2015
    Hildesheim, Germany
    Did not expect anything less.

11. slimwilson

slimwilson Synchromatic

Dec 22, 2015
    Arlington, Tx
    I'm banned from a venue down there, combined with as you say, the "hipsteriffic" element just keeps me away. I like Lower Greenville alright, but it's all 30-45 minutes away. Not exactly a fun drive home at 2 in the morning after a few libations. You live in the Metroplex? I'm down in South Arlington, about 2 exits from Fort Worth off of 20. I may have to check this barber shop out, as I have no real barber shop around me.

12. not_man_davo

not_man_davo Gretschie

Feb 13, 2015
    tejas
    yeah, i grew up in plano from 83-90, then moved back here in 05. dallas can be ok if you know where to go, but if you're closer to ft worth that always better. Rob's is the ONLY place to get your hair cut in DFW. it's a one man operation and Rob is the real deal.
    http://www.robschopshop.com but don't bring the wife or kiddos if you got em. it's gentlemen only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. slimwilson

slimwilson Synchromatic

Dec 22, 2015
    Arlington, Tx
    Seems like it's appointment only. I may have to make one soon. What hair I got left is getting wild haha