For Sale/Trade Restored 1964 Gretsch Tennessean (Canada)

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell or Trade Negotiations' started by DaddyDog, Jun 11, 2019.

1. DaddyDog

DaddyDog Country Gent

Sep 18, 2011
    Mississauga, Canada
    A couple of quick pics to show before and after. Will provide more pics in replies, and provide gory details. In short, I acquired this as a severely neglected guitar, and had it restored by a fellow with terrific wood working skills. Afterwards some functional issues were fixed by Shyboy & Tex.

$2600 Cdn includes a modern Gibson hard case with it's fair share of nicks and bruises, but is structurally sound. Will deliver within an hour of me in the GTA. Will split shipping, but will favour a local deal. Will accept cash, EMT, or Paypal. ** due to the rosewood fingerboard, shipping outside Canada requires CITES, so reluctant to pursue that **

Trade interests include:
    SG in great shape with block markers
    Offsets (telemaster, jazz bastard, or jazz master)
    Barncaster
    Esquire
    Combos or heads. Must be lightweight (less than 40 lbs), not high gain.
    Neumann TLM103 mic.

The top, sides, and headstock have a low gloss finish. The back has been polished to a shine to address lacquer issues that appeared there. There are imperfections due to the softness of the top coat. They are apparent in just the right light, and difficult to capture on camera. But hey, it's a 55 year old guitar.

Original parts include the Bigsby, and Hilotron pickups (neck rewound by the Pickup Wizard). The slim C neck has simply been cleaned up, and the fretboard sanded. Of course all binding is new but has a light lacquer coat to make it look old. The thumbnail inlays, and Gretsch logo are new, and I must say they are expertly done. The serial number stamp at top of the headstock is intact. Gretsch historian Edward Ball has confirmed it is part of a 1964 batch. Get your George on!

IMG_0600.JPG

IMG_0605.JPG

IMG_0837.jpg

tennessian-4.jpg

BorderRadio, speedicut, j.s.c and 2 others like this.
  2. j.s.c

j.s.c Country Gent

Aug 19, 2008
    france
  3. speedicut

speedicut Friend of Fred

Jun 5, 2012
    Alabama
    Looks great!

Also looks like George's jeans missed laundry day..

19cad61 likes this.
  4. Moleng1

Moleng1 Synchromatic

Jul 5, 2014
    Vancouver, B.C. Canada
    Wow!! So wish I had something to trade toward this beauty to keep her in Canada!!

5. Beardog

Beardog Synchromatic

Apr 15, 2018
    Nova Scotia
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice