SOLD $$$ Reduction!! Stephen Stearn Masterbuilt 1959 Duo-Jet

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell or Trade Negotiations' started by WorldPeace7, Dec 30, 2019.

1. WorldPeace7

WorldPeace7 Electromatic

Dec 30, 2019
    Charlottesville Va.
    Well...Price Reduction; $300 to $3600, insured and shipped in the US. Have at it!

2. WorldPeace7

WorldPeace7 Electromatic

Dec 30, 2019
    Charlottesville Va.

3. EdwardsKim

EdwardsKim Gretschie

May 11, 2013
    Chicago, IL
  4. WorldPeace7

WorldPeace7 Electromatic

Dec 30, 2019
    Charlottesville Va.
    An inducement for you to open your wallet and treat yourself, EdwardsKim! You know it’ll do you good!:)

T Bone likes this.
  5. WorldPeace7

WorldPeace7 Electromatic

Dec 30, 2019
    Charlottesville Va.
    A stunnng guitar waiting for an aficionado!

6. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    Still out of my league. But such a gorgeous guitar. Hopefully Stephen Stearn has a long way to go. Considering how highly regarded he is as a Master Craftsman, I can only imagine what his creations might be worth someday. $3600 seems like a bargain to me. Especially seeing how unique this one is.

7. afire

afire Country Gent

Reverb may not be fun, and eBay even worse, but you'd have no trouble getting your price and then some on those platforms, IMO.

Merc likes this.
  8. WorldPeace7

WorldPeace7 Electromatic

Dec 30, 2019
    Charlottesville Va.
    Yes Merc, thanks for the encouragement. Indeed, that Stearn is a master artisan. Wish I could keep it, but I’ll get the itch for a Gretsch again, I’m sure... after graduation.

9. WorldPeace7

WorldPeace7 Electromatic

Dec 30, 2019
    Charlottesville Va.

Nervously considering... thanks afire!

10. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    I agree with @afire . I’ve had good luck selling on Reverb and you’ll reach far more people. Just factor in their percentage cut prior to posting a price. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about Reverb and haven’t used it. But it’s fairly straight up and they have a little pop up window if you need any help. You could try ebay but I’m guessing most musicians check Reverb regularly over ebay. At least I do. Oh, if you set it up so payment goes to your bank account, etc, their fee is a little lower too.

11. Filtertronico

Filtertronico Gretschie

Aug 26, 2014
    Germany
    Beautiful guitar, amazing price...it will be very hard to pay less for a Stern guitar (it's actually the cheapest custom shop Gretsch I have seen in years) so this a very unique chance

12. kevinmat

kevinmat Electromatic

Feb 10, 2018
    Los Angeles
    Interested ... sent you a PM

13. T Bone

T Bone Country Gent

That is a gorgeous guitar (duh!)!

Welcome, good luck with the sale.

Not sure if you're aware, but Edward is our resident sales associate from Chicago Music Exchange. Might could do a good job on consignment, if they do that (I do not know).

14. 86runner

86runner Electromatic

May 6, 2015
    Nashville
    Fantastic guitar and price! Bought a daphne blue double cut Stern for the same price a couple of years ago. Feel like I stole it! Someone scoop it up! Good luck with the sale!

15. WorldPeace7

WorldPeace7 Electromatic

Dec 30, 2019
    Charlottesville Va.
    Hey Folks, thank you all, great advice and support all round. Did not know about Edwards/CME, though I have bought from them before. I was deciding to go ahead and try placing it on Reverb :confused: for my original asking price after the suggestions from Gretsch community-thanks. But let see what else pops up before Monday....

EdwardsKim likes this.
  16. kevinmat

kevinmat Electromatic

Feb 10, 2018
    Los Angeles
    Took John up on his offer and bought the Gretsch. Beautiful example. A big shout out to John who is a super nice guy.

Merc likes this.
  17. Henry

Henry Gretschified

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    Awesome, we'd love to hear more about it when it arrives.

Merc likes this.
  18. WorldPeace7

WorldPeace7 Electromatic

Dec 30, 2019
    Charlottesville Va.
    Oh ho, that KevinMat, HE is The MAN! Smooth dealings, gracious and kind. All 10 thumbs up. Thank you Kevin, my family thanks you. What a great community!

19. Moleng1

Moleng1 Synchromatic

Jul 5, 2014
    Vancouver, B.C. Canada
    Congrats WP7 and Kev, hope you're both happy with the deal! Of course Kevin will need to post a NGD thread when it arrives!! Can't wait!!

Merc likes this.
  20. phil66

phil66 Gretschie

Dec 5, 2019
    Indiana
    Why did I have to be born so Handsome and poor and not ugly and rich.

Merc and GOOBALL JEFF like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice