R.I.P. Tim Conway.

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by blueruins, May 14, 2019.

1. blueruins

blueruins Country Gent

May 28, 2013
    Savannah, GA
    Of Carol Burnett Show...dead at 85 years old.

2. Scooter127

Scooter127 Gretschie

Feb 25, 2019
    USA
    In an interview he said that during the recording of The Dentist skit he literally made Harvey Korman wet his pants.

He was a master.

blueruins likes this.
  3. LivingMyDream

LivingMyDream Country Gent

Sad day! RIP

Tim Conway had a charity golf event at a golf course where my father oversaw the construction (he was a civil engineer). We got free passes one year, and I got to be entertained by Mr. Conway as he tormented golfers on the first tee. Hysterically funny man in person, and kept me laughing every week on the Carol Burnett Show. He sure left some great memories.

thunder58 likes this.
  4. dmunson

dmunson Electromatic

Dec 19, 2015
    Charlotte, NC
    Very funny guy, without a single bit of profanity in his vocabulary. He'll be missed, but I'm going to pull out my VCR copy of "The Apple Dumpling Gang" this evening.

tdtom, Lionpotato and thunder58 like this.
  5. wabash slim

wabash slim Friend of Fred

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    My favorite was the Elephant Story. The rest of the cast were hiding and stifling their laughter. Korman nearly blew a gasket.

Vickie Lawrence actually upstaged Conway at the end.

Conway said his goal in life (on the show) was to destroy Harvey Korman. Apparently they had a standing $50 bet. Conway got rich off of it.

Sadly, Tim's last few years were rough, suffering from dementia. At least we still have the laughs. We'll be poorer for his passing.

tdtom, blueruins and thunder58 like this.
  6. thunder58

thunder58 I Bleed Orange

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Sad to hear the news ..... Peggy Lipton , Doris Day , now Tim Conway . Hope we're not having another 2016 . That was the worst year ever
    R.I.P. Tim and thank you

7. senojnad

senojnad Synchromatic

Jul 13, 2008
    Lehigh Valley, PA
    MORE sad news in less than a week.
    Rest In Peace, Tim.... and THANK YOU for so much fun.

8. Synchro

Synchro The artist formerly known as: Synchro Staff Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson
    Admin Post
    It’s a real shame. He was a great entertainer and brought laughter to untold numbers of people.

It’s probably a mathematical thing, but as I have progressed through life, the number of losses just seems to compound. I was 11 years old, before the first time I lost someone I cared about to death. The next loss was 13 years later, but the found has accelerated ever since. I’m including relatives, friends and public figures whose death affected me emotionally. In my forties was the first time I lost an age-group per; the result of a freak accident. That really stung, even though we had been out of touch for years. But it seems like the deeper you go into life, the faster you lose people.

TW4990, new6659 and wabash slim like this.
  9. audept

audept Senior Gretsch-Talker

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
  10. MentalTossFlycoon

MentalTossFlycoon Electromatic

Dec 22, 2018
    Texas
    Mr Tudball......you will be missed

drmilktruck likes this.
  11. 5120mantis

5120mantis Country Gent

Mar 6, 2011
    nj
    R.I.P. Ensign C. Parker. Yes basically on the Carol Burnett show Conway's job was to make Korman break character, he succeeded constantly ca0650c6d1c72ced8521cf7b66350862.jpg

tdtom and thunder58 like this.
  12. Synchro

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson
    Admin Post
    He’s the only guy I can think of that could make falling down a stairs funny. :)

13. drmilktruck

drmilktruck Gretschified

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    Saturday night television was so great - All in the Family, the Jeffersons, Mary Tyler Moore, Bob Newhart and Carol Burnett. RIP Mr Tudball.

blueruins and MentalTossFlycoon like this.
  14. optofonik

optofonik Electromatic

Jan 25, 2016
    Somewhere, Wonderful
    He should have lived forever. An entertainment industry treasure.

15. Synchro

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson
    Admin Post
    I haven’t laughed that hard in years.

16. Gretschtim1

Gretschtim1 Country Gent

Dec 4, 2012
    Dundalk, Md
    I loved Tim Conway since the day I first saw him on McHale's Navy. I still watch the reruns when I can and laugh as hard as I did back in the 60s. That kind of clean comedy that was made for everyone is sadly missing these days.
    RIP Tim and thanks for all the happy times you gave us.

tdtom and new6659 like this.
  17. tdtom

tdtom Gretschie

Oct 26, 2018
    new zealand
    Miss folks like Tim Conway... miss laughing out loud... in general. Todays world is way too serious or profane. going looking for comedy music now... where is doctor demento when needed?

18. Tony65x55

Tony65x55 Gretschified

Sep 23, 2011
    The 'Shwa, Ontario, Canada
    A master. A true artisan. One of the funniest human beings that ever lived. A thousand wonderful memories of hysterical laughter . Thank you Tim Conway.

drmilktruck and Gretschtim1 like this.
  19. TW4990

TW4990 Gretschie

Aug 20, 2016
    Sydney Australia
    The Elephant story is still the single funniest thing that I have ever seen on TV.
    I remember vividly the aching stomach and cheeks from laughing and I can't even recall how long ago that was. I watched it again recently, nothing will ever top it for me.
    A sad day indeed RIP

20. Beardog

Beardog Synchromatic

Apr 15, 2018
    Nova Scotia
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice