R.I.P. Doris Day and Peggy Lipton

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by thunder58, May 13, 2019.

1. thunder58

thunder58 I Bleed Orange

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Two pretty ladies . R.I.P.

2. Charlie westside

Charlie westside Synchromatic

Jul 27, 2018
    Sylmar Califirnia
    The older I get the more prevalent these losses become.
    Doris Day was a household name at one time. Who can forget Peggy. I watched many an episodes of the Mod Squad when I was a kid.
    May these two Beautiful and Talented ladies Rest In Peace.

Last edited: May 13, 2019
    DannyB and thunder58 like this.
  3. LivingMyDream

LivingMyDream Country Gent

It's definitely been a tough week for my memories. Who could ever forget Doris Day, and Peggy Lipton? RIP

4. speedicut

speedicut Friend of Fred

Jun 5, 2012
    Alabama
    Que Sera Sera Doris!
    I watched her show ( Mod Squad too! Loved Peggy!)

5. johnny g

johnny g Synchromatic

Sep 2, 2017
    union, ms
    Doris was 46 when she made her last movie. Then just walked away from the movies. What will be will be.

thunder58 and DannyB like this.
  6. sh4rkbyt3

sh4rkbyt3 Gretschie

Mar 8, 2019
    Elkton, MD
    Mod Squad was one of my favorite shows growing up along with Love American Style and a few others. Peggy Lipton was one of a very few women in Hollywood that aged very well and as far as I can tell never got a big head either. Her and Karen Valentine were my two "it" ladies growing up, along with Sally Fields who at the time was the Flying Nun.

7. thunder58

thunder58 I Bleed Orange

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Room 222 -I was soooo in love with Karen Valentine as a kid . My wife watches the Flying Nun ( on cable of coarse ) The other day , I couldn't believe who had a guest appearance ... my all time favorite comic ...Richard Pryor

8. radd

radd Country Gent

Dec 27, 2017
    Santa cruz
    Doris Day. It makes me smile that there are those Hollywood types that are good people and get to live to 97 yrs old.

Never was a Mod Squad fan but of course I knew who Peggy was

RIP both of you

thunder58, DannyB and sh4rkbyt3 like this.
  9. radd

radd Country Gent

Dec 27, 2017
    Santa cruz
    Doris Day. It makes me smile that there are those Hollywood types that are good people and get to live to 97 yrs old.

Never was a Mod Squad fan but of course I knew who Peggy was

RIP both of you

10. sh4rkbyt3

sh4rkbyt3 Gretschie

Mar 8, 2019
    Elkton, MD
    That was the other one I was trying to remember thunder "Room 222", I do remember Karen Valentine making guest appearence(s) on LAS too.

11. DannyB

DannyB Gretschie

Apr 26, 2019
    Michigan
    I heard about the wonderful Doris Day's passing today but only now heard about the untimely passing of Ms. Lipton as well. I was only a small child when Mod Squad was on tv so Peggy's passing is really a sad reminder of how quick our lives go by and how old we all are getting. May both ladies rest in peace under the Shadow of the Wings of the Almighty.

thunder58 likes this.
  12. drmilktruck

drmilktruck Gretschified

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    Peggy also was Norma on Twin Peaks. RIP.

13. drmilktruck

drmilktruck Gretschified

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
  14. Synchro

Synchro The artist formerly known as: Synchro Staff Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson
    Admin Post
    Doris Day was pretty much out of the movie biz by the time I was old enough to take notice, but I saw reruns of her movies in my teen years and always liked them. For whatever the reason, I never paid much attention to Paggy Lipton, but Karen Valentine gave me juvenile arrhythmia at the time. The funny thing is, looking at old pictures of her today, I seen an attractive young woman, but it’s no big deal.

15. TW4990

TW4990 Gretschie

Aug 20, 2016
    Sydney Australia
    The sad reality is the older we all get, the more of these types of threads we will read.
    One day even Keith will be part of these threads.:(
    I loved the Mod Squad as a kid.
    RIP ladies.

sh4rkbyt3 likes this.
  16. Synchro

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson
    Admin Post
    For me, aging has come down to three things.

• Getting in and out of my sports car makes my hip hurt.
    • Eye problems. (I’m currently 20/20, but have had a number of surgeries with at least two more ahead.)
    • Losing people from my life.

That last item gets durned old, in a hurry. I cried when Chet Atkins passed away. I’ve lost several friends in the last few years and every time that happens, it’s like a sucker punch to the psyche. Then one day, you realize that the gaps left by the loss of these people don’t automatically get filled in. Whether it’s not being able to catch a Chet Atkins concert, or not being able to call an old friend to meet for coffee, each loss is real and palpable.

17. englishman

englishman Gretschified

Apr 5, 2014
    Detroit
    Guess we can add Tim Conway to this list.

TW4990, sh4rkbyt3 and tdtom like this.
  18. Synchro

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson
    Admin Post
    That’s a terrible shame.

19. sh4rkbyt3

sh4rkbyt3 Gretschie

Mar 8, 2019
    Elkton, MD
    As some of us get up in age it becomes an almost daily ritual saying goodbye to our friends, family and loved ones. I had a few early introductions to this with a lot of friends and family and all I can say is at some point you start to bypass a few of the stages of loss or at least get through them quicker. It's also different with each person you had a relationship with and how you defined that realtionship with them. I have one that I wake up to everyday and it'll likely never go away but it also keeps me grounded.
    Life is limited and we all have limited timers, enjoying and appreciating the time we do have is essential. No one here gets out live -JM

drmilktruck likes this.
  20. sh4rkbyt3

sh4rkbyt3 Gretschie

Mar 8, 2019
    Elkton, MD
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice