Join Gretsch-Talk Today

PSA: Digitech Trio $50

Discussion in 'Pedal Pushers Forum' started by chicago slim, Dec 6, 2017.

1. chicago slim

chicago slim Gretschie

Dec 27, 2008
    Bowling Green, KY
    Sweetwater and Musicians Friend have half off sale on the Digitech Trio Band Creator.

It works great for me, as I normally play as a duo, with another singer. One guy plays some open cord acoustic guitar, and my wife plays drums (mostly out of time). I ordered a second Trio pedal, as I could use on preprogamed, and a second one to create on the fly. I think that I need to get the Digitech foot switch, as my generic switch isn't compatible.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
    CatTones likes this.
  2. Hydroman

Hydroman Electromatic

Feb 29, 2016
    Funtucky, Ca.
    This pedal works great when I need a simple backing track on the fly. It amazes me that it can figure out the key and tempo and than add a bass line.

chicago slim likes this.
  3. drmilktruck

drmilktruck Friend of Fred

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    Thanks a lot. Grabbed myself an early Xmas present.

chicago slim likes this.
  4. chicago slim

chicago slim Gretschie

Dec 27, 2008
    Bowling Green, KY
    It's so much easier than a looper. You press the button and it doesn't start until you begin playing. Then when you hit the button to stop, it back up to the end of the last measure and plays a drum roll for the turn-around.

CatTones likes this.
  5. Gretschman2

Gretschman2 Country Gent

Apr 8, 2013
    Enetai, WA
    The additional foot switch is definitely worth it. I keep the Trio up on a table in my playing area where I can easily reach and adjust the volumes and select genres, and the foot switch does the rest, all without having to bend over all the time. I've been storing some of the better backing tracks it's produced for me into my Jamman looper too so I don't have to recreate them. The looper can store about 100 or so songs so that's been working out real well. It sounds really good when pumped through my PA too.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
    chicago slim likes this.
  6. emicad

emicad Synchromatic

Jul 14, 2015
    Rome, Italy
    I use a Trio+ and I love it.

chicago slim likes this.
  7. JHall55

JHall55 Synchromatic

Dec 18, 2012
    Ontario
    I love mine. I don’t use it live, but it’s a super fun tool that I use in my basement that makes up for my lack of musical friends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chicago slim likes this.
  8. Frank_NH

Frank_NH Synchromatic

Mar 25, 2013
    Lebanon, NH
    Looked at the specs for the Trio+. Wow! It's pretty powerful, and could definitely be used for live performance. For practice, I've connected my iPad to a pratice amp and just dial up some backing tracks from YouTube. Not ideal, but it works. The Trio would be a better solution for practicing, and certainly a neat song writing tool.

emicad and chicago slim like this.
  9. chicago slim

chicago slim Gretschie

Dec 27, 2008
    Bowling Green, KY
    I ordered the foot switch. It takes the Trio beyond a practice tool, to something that you can use live.

10. CatTones

CatTones Electromatic

Jul 28, 2017
    Boston
    hmmmmm I have a Jam Man Xpress but this looks like its a lot fun, Need to do some research .....how long is the sale ?

chicago slim likes this.
  11. chicago slim

chicago slim Gretschie

Dec 27, 2008
    Bowling Green, KY
    It started as a Black Friday sale, they kept the sale going, sold out, re-stocked, and I believe the others, such as Amazon, are also putting them on sale.

CatTones likes this.
  12. Tinman46

Tinman46 Country Gent

Dec 19, 2011
    Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
    I just picked one of these up. It's amazing, simple to use and accurate. Started messing around with it and before I knew it hours had passed. Still haven't figured out the 2 or 3 part playback though. Somehow you can plug in the intro, verse, chorus and change while playing. Do you need the additional foot switch for this option?

chicago slim likes this.
  13. Hammerhands

Hammerhands Country Gent

Aug 26, 2011
    Winnipeg
    These fall in my definition of an excellent gift, something that you probably would not buy for yourself but that you may find useful.

[I got mine as a gift, I think it’s pretty cool, but I haven’t used it very often.]

chicago slim likes this.
  14. Seems like a good price. But all the demo videos have short songs with two chords. What about a standard 1 4 5. Do I have to reo odd each part separately or can I just play a whole blues tune and it remembers it? How does it store songs, or is it designed to work on one song at a time? As much fun as it is, I don’t think it can play complex songs.

chicago slim likes this.
  15. JHall55

JHall55 Synchromatic

Dec 18, 2012
    Ontario
    You don’t need the additional foot switch...Just hold down the foot switch on the pedal to change parts.

chicago slim and Tinman46 like this.
  16. JHall55

JHall55 Synchromatic

Dec 18, 2012
    Ontario
    It can’t store songs...it’s only one at a time. If they made one with a memory bank I’d be all over it. I use it for all kinds of songs, the memory time is pretty long. I’ve never timed it, but I’ve put a verse and chorus into one bank and it didn’t run out.

17. Hammerhands

Hammerhands Country Gent

Aug 26, 2011
    Winnipeg
    chicago slim likes this.
  18. toddr513

toddr513 Gretschie

Dec 30, 2012
    cincinnati
    Just got mine well worth the 50 bucks and free shipping...and excellent practice tool...its like a glorified metronome

chicago slim likes this.
  19. Although I am sure I will sell it shortly after getting it, I ordered one from American musical, as they discounted it a tad more and shipped it. I believe it will be frustrating at first, then fun for a short while, in A novel way , then I will get bored or over it, and probably sell it here.

Either way, thanks for the heads up.