PSA - Adorama Blowing out Pro Series Gretsches

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by DougCraft, Dec 25, 2018.

1. TSims1

TSims1 Friend of Fred

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta
    Well. This friendly post wound up to be expensive for yours truly. Lol. NGD impending. :)

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

2. Flouswa

Flouswa Synchromatic

Oh wow, can't wait to see what you jumped on! I'll live vicariously through you. ;)

larryb and TSims1 like this.
  3. Merc

Merc Synchromatic

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    I definitely feel like I’m on a cliff hanger here. :)

Flouswa likes this.
  4. LivingMyDream

LivingMyDream Country Gent

There is a used G6120SSLVO Brian Setzer Nashville at my local music store. I played it the other day, and had to fight the instinct to find a way to take it home, because it felt so good and played so well. This thread isn't helping me much!

Last edited: Dec 26, 2018
    DougCraft, Flouswa and larryb like this.
  5. T Bone

T Bone Country Gent

Well at least two of us have. I will post, I did pay a little extra for expedited shipping as I am leaving for a work trip in less than 2 weeks.

Nah, they have been doing guitar sales at low prices occasionally for some time. Have come close to buying from them before. This actually matches some of their other sales patterns for things more in their niche market.

Merc and Flouswa like this.
  6. Merc

Merc Synchromatic

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    More suspense... sounds like it’s going to be at least two NGD’s around here. :)

T Bone and LivingMyDream like this.
  7. knavel

knavel Synchromatic

Dec 26, 2009
    London, England
    Three(*).
    I have never ever played a modern Gretsch in my life. But now I have bought one.
    I don't have a Jet with deArmonds so I bought the 57 Cadillac Green Vintage Select Jet. I've sent it to my brother whose favorite instrument is his 56 Jet Firebird and asked him to gig the new guitar and give me a comparison report between the two. If he likes it I'll have it sent to the UK. If not, ebay or something.

It was a somewhat difficult choice between the green 57 and the script logo 53 jet.

EDIT: Talk about "in before the block" the second after I purchased the link in the OP is gone and the guitar is back to regular price! (*)My credit card company wrote me to verify the purchase so if they ended up blocking the transaction I may have missed this anyway.

T Bone likes this.
  8. thunder58

thunder58 Gretschified

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Keep us posted on it Tony . Interested on these " open box , never used " guitars that there selling

9. Frisco Kid

Frisco Kid Electromatic

Aug 6, 2010
    DFW
    Looks like prices have gone back to regular retail? May have to call to get the discounted pricing.

Fender open box discounts are still in place...

10. Axis39

Axis39 Country Gent

Jun 2, 2008
    La Quinta, CA
    I (and my credit card) survived unscathed... Although, I am a little sad I didn't get my '53 Vintage Select. I'm still jonesing for one. But, I behaved.

It was almost a relief to see the prices return to normal this morning.

11. dafreeze

dafreeze Friend of Fred

Yup, had 2 in the basket and they changed while I was shopping.

I intentionally didn’t look at the site night before last (working a 12 hour night shift), then last night broke down and ended up deciding to grab a better Dyna’d Falcon, sell this one at my leisure, but it had been snagged.

Just had a 57 Caddy Green Duo for 1700 and a 6120T-59 for 2 large in the basket and was trying to force myself to put one back when they made the decision for me.

Whole thing was a bit interesting.

12. TSims1

TSims1 Friend of Fred

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta

I think it’s basically as stated above somewhere......it’s a language that allows them to legally sell below MAP and unload some inventory. I’ve ran into this exact same situation with another retailer that we all know n love but shall remain nameless. It’s not an uncommon practice, just an uncommon occurrence for the Gretsch brand in my experience. Glad to have benefited. :)

T Bone and thunder58 like this.
  13. Merc

Merc Synchromatic

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    Talk about hanging on for the roller coaster ride. Hope you get the good price.

I was about to call this morning. Looks like no NGD for me if OP now

14. dafreeze

dafreeze Friend of Fred

Your brother’s not going to want to send it to you. Congratulations, you’ve just got yourself an outstanding guitar...might as well start looking at shipping.

15. Joe M

Joe M Electromatic

Dec 6, 2018
    Michigan
    Whew.... that was a close one....

Axis39 likes this.
  16. LA Miles

LA Miles Country Gent

Dec 6, 2012
    PA
    I know exactly what u mean ;) This is why if u can keep some powder dry and at hand, buying new Prolines isn't out of the question.

DougCraft and TSims1 like this.
  17. Merc

Merc Synchromatic

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    Ugh... I hesitated as I was torn between the 6118 and 6228. I feel like banging my head against the wall for hesitation. It’s going to be a long year looking for the next blowout sale.

18. TSims1

TSims1 Friend of Fred

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta
    Don’t know that we’ll see that one again to be honest. That was an extremely unusual situation.

19. thunder58

thunder58 Gretschified

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Thanks Tony and good luck . I'll be waiting for the NGD thread ..

Merc likes this.
  20. toddfan

toddfan Synchromatic

Mar 12, 2012
    Kansas
    ...I can't imagine that happening to you! :p:D

TSims1 likes this.