Pro Jet cases hard to find...

Discussion in 'Electromatic Gretsch Forum' started by Telechamp, Nov 15, 2010.

1. Telechamp

Telechamp Country Gent

Oct 20, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    An update - - Real happy with my Blackrider Pro Jet case now.

After a little initial tightness, I can report that the PJ fits in the case perfectly now. The Blackrider case is a little expensive - $80 plus $30 shipping - but it's a nice case, and as I said, fits my Pro Jet really well now.

For those of you that are having problems finding a case that fits your Pro Jet, and don't want to spend the $178 for the Gretsch case, and don't want to use a gig bag, this Blackrider case fills the bill.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. 68GuitarPlayer

68GuitarPlayer Country Gent

Mar 20, 2010
    Clinton, Tn
    Glad that worked out for you Telechamp. Are you going to paint Gretsch on it in gold now?

3. Telechamp

Telechamp Country Gent

Oct 20, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    Thanks, yeah - I do like the Blackrider case.

Naw, don't think I'm gonna paint the "Gretsch" logo on... (Might "tempt" somebody at a gig - know what I mean?...)

4. brudr

brudr Electromatic

Jan 17, 2011
    West Virginia
    Hey folks...new to the forum here. I thought I'd chime in here as I just purchased a Pro-Jet and found out that it does fit one of my old Gibson cases. This is a CS-336c case, which also has the exact same dimensions as the Epiphone Alley Kat/ Wild Kat guitars. The upper bout is a little snug on the switch side, but the guitar does not move and the case closes with no problems. The pic is of poor quality, but you get the idea.

[​IMG]

5. telemoose

telemoose Newbie

Mar 7, 2014
    Scotland
    Pro jet case

I dont know if its available in the U.S but Kinsman do a les paul case that fits
    my pro jet G5435 [non tremolo] perfectly.
    Its an ABS type of case [Model no:- KGC8670]. I bought it from Amazon for
    £52.00.
    It looks like there is enough room in there for a tremolo too.

ps. I also tried out a Gator & SKB les paul cases & they def do not fit a pro jet.

6. Exit31

Exit31 Electromatic

Jan 21, 2015
    Netherlands
    I can conform that the Kinsman case KGC8670 is a perfect fit for the G5435T. The tremelo doesn't even have to point backwards! It all sits tight and secure. The lit don't push the tremolo down when closed and the guitar don't move eighter.
    It is not the most tough quality case (like an SKB for instance) but it will do for storage and traveling with care. All in all, a very Good buy.

7. beatle geo

beatle geo Electromatic

Dec 16, 2013
    blue ridge ga

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice