Pro Jet cases hard to find...

Discussion in 'Electromatic Gretsch Forum' started by Telechamp, Nov 15, 2010.

1. Telechamp

Telechamp Country Gent

Oct 20, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    I recently bought a used Pro Jet (which I love!) but am having a hard time finding a case for it.. I tried Blackrider, as mentioned in the forum here before, but they were out of these particular cases that fit the Pro Jets, and told me that they wouldn't be getting any more of them in.

They are now in the process of looking for a new manufacturer for the Pro Jet-type cases..

Any other suggestions?.. Thanks ~

[​IMG]

2. riverrat

riverrat Electromatic

May 13, 2010
    Chillicothe, MO
    This might work out for you...............

email or call Ian at www.musicpower.com (858-565-8814) ......these guys are great to work with. Tell them that riverrat sent you !

Glenn

3. Telechamp

Telechamp Country Gent

Oct 20, 2010
    Tampa Bay

Thanks, riverrat! I'll give Ian a call and see if they have one that'll fit it!

Telechamp

4. boomaus

boomaus Electromatic

Oct 22, 2010
    Charleston, WV
    If that doesn't work... try Marko at Sweetwater and tell him you're on Jake and Sean's "list"... he's good about working deals. I got 100.00 off the top on a Gretsch without any hassle. If they have it they will help out.

NOW... the only downside is a monthly phone call about life, guitars, or whatever else will come to Marko's mind.

5. GentleBen

GentleBen Country Gent

Jul 29, 2008
    Huntsville, Al
    I bought a used Pro Jet with no case from a pawn shop and it would not fit into any case or bag that I had. I took it to a local shop and found a well padded Levi's gig bag that is a little tight in length but does the trick. (I prefer gig bags over hard cases for carrying to a gig anyway.)

6. Telechamp

Telechamp Country Gent

Oct 20, 2010
    Tampa Bay

Hey thanks, boomaus - - I appreciate being on the "list" !... :) If the musicpower.com deal that riverrat was talking about doesn't work out, I'll definitely try Marko at Sweetwater. I've gotten a few things from them and they're good to deal with..

Thanks again!!

7. Telechamp

Telechamp Country Gent

Oct 20, 2010
    Tampa Bay

Yep, it seems to be pretty hard to find a case that fits the Pro Jets...

If I can't land a HSC from the other suggestions, the Levi's gig bag is something to keep in mind..

8. riverrat

riverrat Electromatic

May 13, 2010
    Chillicothe, MO
    TC: What did Ian at Music Power say ? He sells Gretsch cases for Gretsch owners. Let us know.

Glenn

9. themick

themick Synchromatic

Nov 14, 2010
    Chicagoland
    I just got a case for my Pro Jet from Guitar Center. It fits beautifully! You can order them online at Guitar Center (Pro Jet Case). I highly recommend the case. Great fit.

10. Jukebox

Jukebox Gretschified

Jun 2, 2008
    Foreston,MN
    I would also try Rocky's or Cream city, don't forget joel@shanghia. Joel is a member here you can find him in the member's list.

11. Telechamp

Telechamp Country Gent

Oct 20, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    Well, unfortunately musicpower.com didn't have any Gretsch cases in stock, and he said they didn't have a "generic" (cheaper) case that would fit the Pro Jet... He said he could order me a Gretsch Pro Jet case at the going rate ($176), but I told him thanks, but I would keep looking around..

So then I called Sweetwater and the guy (Marko) and I are playing phone tag - Hopefully I'll be able to hook up with him tomorrow and see what kind of deal they can give me on one...

12. Telechamp

Telechamp Country Gent

Oct 20, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    I may have to do that if I can't find a cheaper, non-Gretsch one.. The Gretsch Pro Jet cases are typically around $176, and that's only a hundred less than I paid for the guitar! :eek:

13. Telechamp

Telechamp Country Gent

Oct 20, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    Hey thanks, Juke - I'll check these out!

14. Drwitchdoctor

Drwitchdoctor Newbie

Mar 12, 2009
    Illinois
    I bought my guitar from Sam Ash, and I picked up a CNB case for $49.

15. Gretsch5135

Gretsch5135 Synchromatic

May 1, 2010
    Republic of Texas
    I lucked out and found one a few weeks back at a used music shop. I was planning on saving up for one of the $176 cases (which this ended up being) as I really value a hard shell case for a guitar.

Best of luck, and keep your eyes peeled.

16. Telechamp

Telechamp Country Gent

Oct 20, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    Sam Ash is where I bought my used Pro Jet and they didn't have a case that would fit it, they said.. But I'll ask them about this CNB $49 one you are referring to when I go in there Friday to check out the Black Friday deals.. Thanks for the info.

17. Telechamp

Telechamp Country Gent

Oct 20, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    Nice score! Wish I could happen across a deal like that.. Yeah, I just don't want to pay $176 for a new Gretsch case when the guitar itself only cost me $275... (But the way things are going, I might have to! ha)

Not having much luck finding a cheaper case to fit it, that's for sure...

18. DevilYouKnow

DevilYouKnow Country Gent

Jan 18, 2009
    Fog City USA
    Les Paul cases don't fit Jets? That Gretsch case costs as much as a Pro Jet.

19. JBOSS

JBOSS Electromatic

Feb 9, 2010
    Wilkesboro, NC
    I picked one of these up at a local store for around $50 cause they had it for a while. It fits my projet. Its a bit big around the hips but I put a small piece of foam to take care of that. A folded towel would also work. Its pretty sturdy. I travel with mine to practice and church so 2 times a week. I'm never scared that the guitar will be damaged. The extra pockets and shoulder straps are nice too. I would not have done it if I were still traveling with a band with it in the back of a trailer but in the back of the SUV with amp and pedal board its great. Just my input on not spending a lot on a case.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Gator-GL-Classic-Lightweight-Classical-Guitar-Case-546100-i1166509.gc

20. tartanphantom

tartanphantom Country Gent

Jul 30, 2008
    Murfreesboro, TN
    As a general rule, both Pro Jets and Duo Jets (and all the variations) are slightly larger than Les Pauls. The will not fit in a standard LP case.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice