Prince Edward Island

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by pmac11, Aug 5, 2019.

1. pmac11

pmac11 Country Gent

Mar 4, 2018
    Toronto, Ontario
    Any GT members call PEI home? Beautiful place you've got here! Great beaches, spectacular scenery and wonderfully kind people. Sad that I must move on tomorrow after a brief 3 day visit.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

benjwri likes this.
  2. No white dogs there.

3. new6659

new6659 Gretschie

Dec 10, 2018
    Southwestern Ontario
    I'm sure there must be a few:):)

4. drmilktruck

drmilktruck Gretschified

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    I’d like to visit the Maritimes someday, including PEI. Did you say hello to Anna of Green Gables?

pmac11, Merc, Winnie Thomas and 2 others like this.
  5. section2

section2 Country Gent

Dec 21, 2016
    Toronto
    I can't call PEI home, but we were there on our summer vacation last year and fell in love with the island. If anyone plans to visit, I highly recommend checking out Tom & Mike's Ceilidh. It's a delightful night of traditional East Coast music and storytelling hosted by an elderly Irish-Canadian (that's Tom) and his nephew Mike. They play at little community halls around the island each week. It's a fantastic way to spend an evening.

pmac11 and Lionpotato like this.
  6. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    I went there years ago and it really is beautiful. My fifth great grandmother was born there in the mid 1700’s.

Are you driving straight back or stopping along the way at other places?

pmac11 likes this.
  7. Sabato

Sabato Synchromatic

Mar 22, 2019
    Massachusetts
    I've been close, the Cape Breton peninsula of Nova Scotia. Took a bicycle tour through the town my maternal Grandmother came from. Baddeck, where Alexander Graham Bell retired to and continued his experiments, there's a museum to him.
    At one campground I mentioned to the older guy running the place that all of the snowstorms that miss us in New England seem to go to Nova Scotia. He replied, "See that clothesline over there? Can't see it in the wintertime"...

pmac11 and LA Miles like this.
  8. Winnie Thomas

Winnie Thomas Gretschie

Jun 13, 2011
    Cochise AZ
    That's ANNE with and "E" :)

drmilktruck and pmac11 like this.
  9. Sabato

Sabato Synchromatic

Mar 22, 2019
    Massachusetts

dak55 and pmac11 like this.
  10. not_man_davo

not_man_davo Gretschie

Feb 13, 2015
    tejas
    I have family in the Maritimes. Most live in Halifax, but at least one of my cousins lives in PEI as well. I used to go out there every summer when I was a kid, and it's just beautiful. Cold, but beautiful. I was 10 and living in Texas before I knew that going to the ocean is supposed to be warm.

pmac11 and Merc like this.
  11. Reminds me of Sister Sylvia, my second grade teacher. She didn’t need a whip, but would have used one if she had one.

pmac11 and Sabato like this.
  12. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    Wow... I’ve heard about nuns with rulers but had no idea!

Sabato likes this.
  13. CatTones

CatTones Gretschie

Jul 28, 2017
    Boston
    Been there a few times, It was so cool, nothing like Red Sand on a White Jeep, have a friend who built a home on Brackley Beach, (he was born and bred there, played for the junior canadiens back in the 70's when there weren't many Teams in the NHL, he would be a Pro today) and YES nicest people in the world. Cheers !!

pmac11 and Sabato like this.
  14. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    Other cool stops a few hours away... the Acadian Historical Village, and of course the Lobster capital of the world when in season... Shediac.

2FED9B89-E169-4FAD-A099-DEE77EABF550.jpeg

CatTones, Sabato and pmac11 like this.
  15. pmac11

pmac11 Country Gent

Mar 4, 2018
    Toronto, Ontario
    Drove to Lunenburg Nova Scotia today. Whale watching tomorrow!

CatTones and Merc like this.
  16. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    Wishing the best for the watch. I’ve seen dolphins in the ocean but never whales. Always cool seeing them swimming free and wild. Snap and post a photo if you come across one.

CatTones and pmac11 like this.
  17. pmac11

pmac11 Country Gent

Mar 4, 2018
    Toronto, Ontario
    I was playing in the surf with my wife and kids just west of Brackley Beach yesterday!

drmilktruck, Merc and CatTones like this.
  18. wabash slim

wabash slim Friend of Fred

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    Thanks. Now I'm gonna have nightmares of first grade again. Sister Mary Talophelia (aka Atilla the Nun) could whack you across the room with the huge knot on that rope belt or a chalkboard eraser. Nuns were either like the Devil's sister or your favorite aunt.

drmilktruck, new6659 and Sabato like this.
  19. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice