Prime video

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by Bertotti, Sep 21, 2019.

1. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    So there are a slew of movies and show for amazon primer members that are included. Tonight I watched episode one of The Addams family and The Hillbillies of Beverly Hills. I really enjoyed seeing these shows. So much better than the half hour crap they feed the kids now.

calebaaron666 and Merc like this.
  2. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    Rented Streets of Fire a couple days ago and still love the music in that movie as campy as it may be I actually love the Movie. Amy Madigan is great in the movie.

wabash slim likes this.
  3. loudnlousy

loudnlousy Friend of Fred

Oct 18, 2015
    Hildesheim, Germany
    Besides The Grand Tour and Braking Bad I never found anything interesting on Amazon Prime.
    I will not cancel my subscription because of the shipping services, though.

4. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    Never seen either of those. I do like movies so I have found stuff I like there.

5. MTurner

MTurner Friend of Fred

Aug 17, 2010
    Clayton, North Carolina, USA
    For me, Amazon Prime would be worth it for one reason: Downton Abbey. Maybe the best TV fiction I ever watched.

Right now, my wife and I are binge-watching a show on AP called "Justified." I don't know how well it would translate to other cultures, and I especially don't know how well non-native-speakers would be able to understand the southern accents. But we are both southern Americans, and we enjoy it.

6. pmac11

pmac11 Country Gent

Mar 4, 2018
    Toronto, Ontario
    Got it ! So far I've watched Season 1 of "Jack Ryan" and "The Boys". The price is sure right!

MTurner likes this.
  7. Scooter127

Scooter127 Synchromatic

Feb 25, 2019
    USA
    If I had to pay for Prime Video, instead of just getting it along with Amazon Prime, I'm not sure I would get it.

Then again I don't watch a lot of TV. I'm in the middle of some remodeling and my TV hasn't been plugged in for a good 3 weeks lol.

Having said that, I love the show Ozark but that's Netflix. It's filmed all over my area so I recognize a lot of places in it lol

T Bone likes this.
  8. T Bone

T Bone Country Gent

I rarely watch Prime. Seems like everytime I search for a movie there, it is additional cost. Use the music often, and shopping constantly though.

9. LA Miles

LA Miles Country Gent

Dec 6, 2012
    UPSTATE NY
    I enjoyed The Wire tv series

pmac11 likes this.
  10. wabash slim

wabash slim Friend of Fred

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    Streaming video was an alternative to cable. Unfortunately, everyone is going to pay to view streaming. Cable is looking more cost effective all the time. I refuse to pay CBS to watch the new Star Trek, and it's the same with The Orville. I won't pay thru the nose to watch one or two shows.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I have lots of DVDs, including "Streets of Fire". Typical '80s music but it works---including one of the best versions of Stevie Nicks' "Sorcerer". I can't count on a lot of shows and movies I want to watch being available online, so, I've got 'em handy on a shelf. I feel the same way with music. CDs still sound better than compressed MP3 files.

11. calebaaron666

calebaaron666 Country Gent

Aug 15, 2018
    Portland, Maine
    Prime is probably my favorite streaming service. I don’t care about their original content. I’m in it for the collection of weird old exploitation movies. They have tons of crazy stuff.

12. T Bone

T Bone Country Gent

Totally agree on the new Star Trek, though I'd love to see it, refuse to buy the CBS service. Confused about your Orville comment though, it is on regular broadcast tv. Love the show, will continue to watch it.

pmac11 likes this.
  13. not_man_davo

not_man_davo Synchromatic

Feb 13, 2015
    tejas
    Prime would be worth it to me if only for Sneaky Pete, Good Omens, and The Boys. Good news is, they also have a TON of movies and documentaries. I loooove movies and I'm an insomniac so the two things get along quite well!

14. RG7X

RG7X Gretschie

Nov 11, 2018
    Los Angeles
    "Bosch" is one of the best shows I've ever seen and it's a Prime Original. Definitely worth checking out if you like a darker detective type show.

T Bone likes this.
  15. pmac11

pmac11 Country Gent

Mar 4, 2018
    Toronto, Ontario
    Apparently those with the grey market streaming boxes are of the opinion that Star Trek Discovery season 1 wasn't with paying for, but season 2 might have been. Or so I hear.

(Looks up, whistling, then shrugs.)

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

T Bone likes this.
  16. wabash slim

wabash slim Friend of Fred

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    New season of the Orville is supposed to be streamed only from what I've heard. Hope you're right. It's turned into a far better show than I expected.

T Bone likes this.
  17. drmilktruck

drmilktruck Gretschified

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    The Addams Family was damn fine, far ahead of its time. The Munsters not anywhere in the same league.

Bertotti likes this.
  18. T Bone

T Bone Country Gent

With the possible exception of Lillian? Actually I really liked the Munsters.

thunder58 and Bertotti like this.
  19. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    I liked the Munsters and Mrs. Munster was hot but Mrs. Adams was hotter!

thunder58 and T Bone like this.
  20. T Bone

T Bone Country Gent

We will have to agree to disagree on that one. I would post some pics to prove my point but I posted those same picks here before and they were deleted (a bit too racey for here). Google Yvonne De Carlo and have a look at some of the images and I think you'll see what I mean.

pmac11 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice