Poor poor me...pathetic content

Discussion in 'Gretschtogether' started by blueruins, Sep 13, 2019.

1. MTurner

MTurner Friend of Fred

Aug 17, 2010
    Clayton, North Carolina, USA
    Aw, well then, see? You didn’t want that ol’ thing anyway!

pilgrim, mbkri and blueruins like this.
  2. loudnlousy

loudnlousy Friend of Fred

Oct 18, 2015
    Hildesheim, Germany
    There were several opportunities to buy incredible stuff in my life. Sometimes I managed to drum up the money in time. Sometimes the item was sold before ihad the money together. But I always tried to find a reasonable way to fund it.
    Sometimes I had to sell my motorbike or something else. In the end I had some investment-grade instruments and amps that I considered to be my playable-savings-account.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
    blueruins and mbkri like this.
  3. afire

afire Country Gent

I don't know who the seller is, but might it be worth reaching out to explain the situation and see if maybe some arrangement can be made? I've done plenty of sales on odd terms, usually happy to make the sale and willing to wait a bit for full payment. Of course, I'm not a store. But Masterbuilt guitars are expensive and probably not flying out the door. There might be a kind/game soul willing to work with you.

blueruins likes this.
  4. blueruins

blueruins Country Gent

May 28, 2013
    Savannah, GA
    That’s a good idea...think I might try that.

5. musicman100

musicman100 Country Gent

Aug 15, 2008
    England
    It’s only a guitar, never buy something if your not fully financially secure.

new6659 and blueruins like this.
  6. wabash slim

wabash slim Friend of Fred

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    As long as the family is fed, the bills are paid, and the wolf's not at the door, then fine. Priorities!

blueruins likes this.
  7. JC higgy

JC higgy Friend of Fred

Jun 6, 2008
    Belfast Norn Iron
    I'd like to tell ya i have never went into debt for a guitar,but i have,twice,first was for my 1965/66 6120 when i was 17,then again for my 1957 6120,i was just shy of my 30th when i bought that.

Never again though,i'm debt free and plan to keep it that way.

8. blueruins

blueruins Country Gent

May 28, 2013
    Savannah, GA
    One way or the other I think this guitar is going to change my life. Whether I get it or not it has really opened my eyes.
    Been a long time since I’ve been obsessed to this level.
    It feels like the culmination of years of gear lust condensed into one single object.
    This one’s become a spiritual struggle for me. It’s the guitar that I’d like to spend the rest of my days with but I just don’t think it’s going to happen.
    When you’re going cold turkey you lie awake sweating and moaning and asking yourself lots of questions.
    Amazing how much of our identity gets wrapped up in these objects isn’t it?

new6659 likes this.
  9. MTurner

MTurner Friend of Fred

Aug 17, 2010
    Clayton, North Carolina, USA
    Here are your questions, Blue: 1) Whose are you? 2) Does any guitar change that?

blueruins and mbkri like this.
  10. dafreeze

dafreeze Friend of Fred

There’s your out.

blueruins likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice