Pilot 6.3V Bulb, help

Discussion in 'Ampage Area' started by j.s.c, Jul 18, 2019.

1. j.s.c

j.s.c Country Gent

Aug 19, 2008
    france
    Hi people,

It's been few days my amp* buzzes when I stroke hard my preferred C chord ... which was painful to my ears and very annoying (when I think about 1 hour of the tech guy to have a closer look inside this old machinery).

*1953 dynacord DA V/15

And today, no buzzing ... Yeah great !
    The counterpart of the good news, is that my trusty pilot light has died after more than half a century of glorious radiant work. RIP.

Now I have to change it for one new (which will live few years I guess). I ask myself few questions about how the world spins and about this in particular :

1/ Is it normal that a pilot bulb which is close to death cause a buzz in the sound ?

2/ I saw it's a 6.3V bayonet bulb. But no amper value on it and I found a great shop with offers of 150mA (1W) , 250mA (1.6W) , 300mA (2W)... that's a lot of 6.3V Bulbs !

I presume the different values have an impact on the amount of light they'll produced. Shall I take care of the amper value or just taking one or the other without other consequences than +/- light & heat...

What will be your choice ??

(Here is the kind of thing)

2. Hammerhands

Hammerhands Country Gent

Aug 26, 2011
    Winnipeg
    The ones that go in Fenders, #47, last 20000 hours.

I guess they could cause noise if they flickered.

Are there markings on the bulb or the base?

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
  3. j.s.c

j.s.c Country Gent

Aug 19, 2008
    france
    T47... => 150mA

Thanks Hammerhands ! Btw makes sense to add the minimum heat inside the box !

4. Robbie

Robbie Country Gent

Jun 17, 2013
    Sarnia Ontario Canada
    T47’s for Fenders. A couple of dollars is all.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice