Pickup Quick Connectors - Any Hints?

Discussion in 'Technical Side of Things' started by new6659, Aug 15, 2019.

1. new6659

new6659 Synchromatic

Dec 10, 2018
    Southwestern Ontario
    I have a harness with two Blacktop Filtertrons connected to it with the plastic quick connects which Gretsch is now using. I was thinking of popping the pickups off of the harness to try them in another guitar but can't seen to get the connectors to release. Am I missing something? Is there some small trick I need to know? I'm afraid if I use too much force on the clip which holds the male plug in place I'll break the connector or pull the wires from the fitting. Appreciate any advice.

2. Charging Charlie

Charging Charlie Gretschie

Jun 21, 2018
    Maryland
    There is a lock on one side of the connector. Push it down to unlock and it easily releases

3. new6659

new6659 Synchromatic

Dec 10, 2018
    Southwestern Ontario
    Thanks for that and you are perfectly correct. Just tried it. When I looked at that connector I thought it needed to be pulled up to release and never considered pushing it down. Totally counter intuitive (to me at least!).

4. cqscqs

cqscqs Gretschie

Dec 8, 2013
    midwest
    I had the exact same problem, tried to think about it logically and couldn't get it to open

new6659 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice