Pedal boards

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by Parttime, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    Good luck! I have mine laid out have my power supplies but the layout changes daily which is messing with how I want to form my pedal board.

2. sh4rkbyt3

sh4rkbyt3 Gretschie

Mar 8, 2019
    Elkton, MD
    I'm kind of expecting that too once I get it all figured out, maybe not that often but likely to change. That's why they use velcro I guess?
    Seeing everyones layouts though is a big help.

Bertotti likes this.
  3. Synchro

Synchro The artist formerly known as: Synchro Staff Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson
    Admin Post
    One thing I like about the Temple Audio board is the mounting system that uses a sort of giant thumbscrew to keep the pedals mounted. It makes changes very easy.

Bertotti likes this.
  4. Rusty Silver

Rusty Silver Gretschie

Jun 25, 2017
    Italy (Rome and Genoa)
    Pedalboards... I know they're really cool, but i hate them! :)

I started with Tuner, Driver, Delay, Reverb and Clean Booster,
    then I passed to Tuner, Delay, and Clean Booster,
    now at Tuner and Clean Booster...

Next step, if possible:

Nothing.

I feel really free when I play straight through my amp...

blueruins likes this.
  5. Synchro

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson
    Admin Post
    If all of my amps had reverb, I doubt that I’d ever use a pedalboard. For years, I played a DRRI and that was my signal path. That’s it; a patch cord and an amp with reverb. As it is, my board has three to four pedals, one combining a Digital Delay with Hall Reverb, the second has a variety of Tape Delay and Magnetic Drum Delay emulations with Plate Reverb and a few other things. The third pedal is a Spring Reverb and, IMHO, the best sounding emulation of a Fender Tube Reverb Unit. The fourth pedal, which is not always installed, is a Tremolo, which I use when I’m not plugged into the Winfield Tremor amp. The last “pedal” is actually a latching switch which I use to control the tremolo on the Tremor amp. It also reminds me to feed the cat. :)

blueruins likes this.
  6. thunder58

thunder58 I Bleed Orange

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
  7. thunder58

thunder58 I Bleed Orange

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    My current board . Might change a few things . I like it off the floor as you all know by now I play at home and mainly sit . If I stood and gigged I would still prefer to have it on a stand . I just think it's unprofessional to keep bending over and adjust the pedals if need be IMG_1940.JPG IMG_1939.JPG

audept and calebaaron666 like this.
  8. Synchro

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson
    Admin Post
    I’ve thought of something similar, myself.

9. thunder58

thunder58 I Bleed Orange

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Board is PedalTrain NOVO 18
    Stand is made by " On Stage " . On Stage Mix-400 Audio Mixer Stand . Think I bought it from MF or GC , but I bought on line not in store . About $115
    Although is rolls very well , be careful if you lift it as top half may pull away from the bottom half . Also depending on arraignment of pedals , there is a rail on the side of it . You would want to make sure your guitar cable does not interfere with the rail when going into the first pedal . My guitar cord goes to the first pedal which is my tuner pedal IMG_1943.JPG IMG_1942.JPG IMG_1941.JPG ( note the photos ) Mine is adjusted about my waist high .

10. wildeman

wildeman Gretschified

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    I like it!

thunder58 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice