Pedal boards

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by Parttime, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Synchro

Synchro The artist formerly known as: Synchro Staff Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson
    Admin Post
    It's two buffers, one coming in, another going out.

ruger9 likes this.
  2. Filtertronico

Filtertronico Gretschie

Aug 26, 2014
    Germany
    20190317_112840.jpg
    Here's my brand new pedalboard: tuner-BB Preamp- Wah-Compressor-Big Muff-Soul Food--Tremolo-delay...It's all I need!

3. ruger9

ruger9 Country Gent

Nov 1, 2008
    NJ
    Is that a Digiverb? I can't tell when I try to enlarge...

4. wildeman

wildeman Gretschified

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    Memphis Sun! Great pedal

Merc and Filtertronico like this.
  5. Shroudy

Shroudy Electromatic

Mar 13, 2019
    The Bronx
    No, it’s a Digitech Bass Synth Wah. I like it better than the one made for guitar. You get bigger deeper sounds from it.

ruger9 likes this.
  6. Henry

Henry Gretschified

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    As in 2 separate buffers, in and out, in one device? Or us it buffering one in and out in a special way?

7. ruger9

ruger9 Country Gent

Nov 1, 2008
    NJ
    That's interesting, I was using an MXR Bass Auto Filter for awhile for the same reason. Then I found the Lovepedal Rubber Chicken, which is my favorite because not only does it not drop bass like all the auto filters do, it sounds more like an actual wah pedal than a filter, which is perfect for me, I'm not doing quacky Garcia sounds...

8. Shroudy

Shroudy Electromatic

Mar 13, 2019
    The Bronx
    I never got the hang of playing keyboards but I’ve always been attracted to electronic type music from Susicide to LCD Soundsystem. I use the Bass Synth Wah to get a big long moog like sweep. If you ever come across one, use those settings I have on that strip of tape and you’ll hear what I’m talking about. It’s kind of one trick pony but it’s a really cool trick.

9. BorderRadio

BorderRadio Country Gent

Mar 6, 2014
    Phoenix, AZ
    Absolutely man, it’s perfect!

10. ruger9

ruger9 Country Gent

Nov 1, 2008
    NJ
    I actually use mine, in conjunction with a chorus pedal, to get a kind of Stevie-Wonder-keyboard sound, like on Superstition (I actually play that keyboard part on guitar with my band). So more of a funk application for me, BUT NOT the standard "quacky" funk sound you usually hear, I'm more trying to ape funky keys.

Shroudy likes this.
  11. rockinforJesus

rockinforJesus Synchromatic

Nov 7, 2014
    Upstate New York
    Here is another for your consideration... BTW yes the mod can get a bit extreme, but is very easy to dial in sweetness. Skip to 10:15 in the video for an example of what it sounds like
    Here is my setup
    8F16231C-7E8D-4C65-81BD-7E54B3F0C9F3.jpeg

12. rcboals

rcboals Country Gent

Nov 21, 2008
    Springfield Oregon
    Is this the correct order for my pedals??? LOL :) I think soooooooooooooooooooooooooo ;)

OneSpot powered with a 10 plug Daisy Chain.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
    thunder58 and rockinforJesus like this.
  13. ruger9

ruger9 Country Gent

Nov 1, 2008
    NJ
    I've owned the Brigadier, twice. AND the El Cap, twice. My favorites have been (besides what I currently own), the Echosex and the Deluxe Memory Boy.

The Echosex sounded incredible, but had a weird input situation: there was a switch to choose between 2 different input levels, and neither was unity volume. One was less and one was more. I couldn't live with that. But it sounded amazing. And looked ... SEXY!

The DMB has an issue if you didn't put a buffer in front of it: it had a little tone suck, and I hate that. Plus the modulation controls were SO touchy, the sweet spot was SO small.... kind of a PITA.

The Carbon Copy (regular) actually sounds as good as either of them, and is smaller, cheaper, and true bypass.

I never married to the Strymon stuff. Something about it just sounded... plain... or something. IDK, hard to describe. When I discovered the TC Flashback, I preferred the TC models to the Strymons.

I've owned (TC): Flashback, Flashback X4, Alter Ego X4, and now Alter Ego v2. I love the presets of the X4 models, but it's pretty large for a pedal board. So I went with the v2.

rockinforJesus likes this.
  14. GAMBLER1234

GAMBLER1234 Electromatic

Jan 18, 2018
    Henderson Nevada
    Just for giggles I refinished the cases on these aways back. My problem now is that since I got my new Katana head I don't use it much anymore and at 70 I've forgotten which is which and what they do. Oh well. I guess It'll come back to me or not, whatever.:(:D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. wildeman

wildeman Gretschified

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    I think the bottom left is a EQ:p

Benturner83, Ricochet and GAMBLER1234 like this.
  16. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    That board should be dubbed Dark Matter.”

It looks very slick. Do you remember what sort of paint you used? It has a nice and slight crinkle to it.

17. GAMBLER1234

GAMBLER1234 Electromatic

Jan 18, 2018
    Henderson Nevada
    ^^Nope can't remember that either. Now I'm really starting to worry about myself.

18. dankas11

dankas11 Country Gent

Jul 6, 2014
    Croatia
    Dart Wader Board :)

BorderRadio likes this.
  19. Synchro

Synchro The artist formerly known as: Synchro Staff Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson
    Admin Post
    It’s two buffers in one case.

Henry likes this.
  20. sh4rkbyt3

sh4rkbyt3 Gretschie

Mar 8, 2019
    Elkton, MD
    LOL wow, now I don't feel so bad about the amount of pedals I own which still pales in comparison to a few on here. My next step is to lay them all out and configure them properly and then figure out which pedalboard and Power Supply to get. Did just pick up the TC Electronics Polytune and love it!

Bertotti likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice