Pedal boards

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by Parttime, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Parttime

Parttime Electromatic

Dec 6, 2018
    Texas
    I don’t know if there’s already a thread like this but I thought it would be cool to see the different pedals used to achieve personal style.
    upload_2019-3-14_10-44-16.jpeg

upload_2019-3-14_10-44-43.jpeg

I went with the TC Electronic pedals for their affordablity and sturdy design.
    The tape echo combined with the cinders and the drip spring reverb on low settings creats the rockabilly sound with a bite.
    Take out the tape echo and turn up the spring reverb for a really awesome surf guitar sound. Finally the honey pot is just enough fuzz for some ac dc.

2. somebodyelseuk

somebodyelseuk Country Gent

Jan 22, 2013
    Birmingham, UK
    My pedal board wouldn't tell you anything and is pretty boring to look at - I've been rackmounted and MIDI'd since the early '90s. Apart from that there's a Morley PWA Wah and a Morley ABY box on it, both from about '94ish.
    My effects units do everything except amp sim, looping and beverages... at least, I haven't found a 'drinks preset', yet.

That is a damned cool looking amp, by the way... AC15 Twin, by any chance?

Parttime likes this.
  3. Parttime

Parttime Electromatic

Dec 6, 2018
    Texas
    Ac10

rockinforJesus likes this.
  4. nickurso

nickurso Gretschified

Dec 24, 2012
    New Orleans la.
    I run Nocturne pedals almost exclusively. My main sound that is always in is the El Pescadoro preamp/reverb pedal into the mystery brain just the echo side set to give it a doubling sound just to fatten it up. I add the Detroit Casket for more edge. When I really need to get dirty I have the Ubangi Stomp. This board is 95% of what I need. The second board is for different things not really elated to my band. Vox was modded by Tavo, Nocturne fuzz ray and Ubangi before the Fulltone MDV-3 Deja vibe for that univibe sound. I like fuzz and over drive before the Uni that’s why I have two Ubangi pedals

6C73978A-D307-4CB3-B89C-0338391BB615.jpeg
    E7F7286F-2B45-46E8-B223-2204B9E03021.jpeg

5. Parttime

Parttime Electromatic

Dec 6, 2018
    Texas
  6. wabash slim

wabash slim Friend of Fred

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
  7. Parttime

Parttime Electromatic

Dec 6, 2018
    Texas
    I like the mystery brain and the Detroit Casket a lot. Maybe one day.

nickurso likes this.
  8. Trash Kidd

Trash Kidd Country Gent

Dec 14, 2015
    London U.K.
    I’ve recently moved away from my traditional board to this old BOSS ME 50 i bought in pristine condition for a very good price.
    Live i only really use Slapback delay,tremolo & a bit of overdrive here & there to boost my already slightly overdriven amp sound.
    This thing sounds great & does everything i want & tons more! 921A04F4-4B83-4931-8CA4-10E5E638BF0C.jpeg

9. BorderRadio

BorderRadio Country Gent

Mar 6, 2014
    Phoenix, AZ
  10. Shroudy

Shroudy Electromatic

Mar 13, 2019
    The Bronx
    Hi, I’m new here, just got my second Gretsch guitar so I thought I should join.

The pedalboard, I usually go stereo and like a big expansive sound with some synthy textures. The Boss expression pedal controls both the H9 and Line 6 units. I also can tap tempo the H9 with the Line 6 via midi. That green box in top is a digitech bass synth wah - I can get a big moogy bawaaaahh sound from it. I’ve got a couple of boost pedals because I use a few guitars with very different outputs. PRS Studio (loud), Fender 12string Strat (Medium), Gretsch Electromatic 5622 (weak but pretty).

[​IMG][​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

11. calebaaron666

calebaaron666 Country Gent

Aug 15, 2018
    Portland, Maine
    BFD365CA-CD96-4691-AB08-36F775E855E1.jpeg
    Tuner-Boss oc3 in stereo-EHX B9 organ pedal-Fuxx Fuzz-Atomic Brain-Maxon ad9

My Supro Tremo-Verb amp has all the genuine tube tremolo and spring reverb on tap that I need.

12. Parttime

Parttime Electromatic

Dec 6, 2018
    Texas
    Atomic brain is awesome

13. rcboals

rcboals Country Gent

Nov 21, 2008
    Springfield Oregon
    Best delay ever for slap back none better.

Attached Files:

thunder58 and BorderRadio like this.
  14. ruger9

ruger9 Country Gent

Nov 1, 2008
    NJ
    My "personal" pedalboard wouldn't have this much stuff on it, but I have to cover alot of ground in my cover band, hence the harmonizer, Pickle Vibe, Auto Wah/filter....

I'm shooting out delays at the moment, that's why they are off to the side, have a Carbon Copy Deluxe arriving tomorrow.

Don't mind the spaghetti, rehearsal was last night and I haven't had time to tidy it up yet... ap.jpg

15. calebaaron666

Aug 15, 2018
    Portland, Maine
    It really is. :)

Parttime likes this.
  16. BuddieGreen

BuddieGreen Gretschie

Sep 3, 2018
    indiana usa
    Pretty simple

Attached Files:

17. Parttime

Parttime Electromatic

Dec 6, 2018
    Texas
    That’s all you need right there.

BuddieGreen likes this.
  18. calebaaron666

Aug 15, 2018
    Portland, Maine
    Simple yet elegant!

BuddieGreen and Parttime like this.
  19. Frank_NH

Frank_NH Synchromatic

Mar 25, 2013
    Lebanon, NH
    Let us know what you find in your delay shoot out, Ruger9.

I've been going through many delay pedals recently (the Reverb disease!), and you can never tell if it's going to work out until you use it while. I recently got both a Keeley Memphis Sun (definitely a keeper!) and a EHX Canyon Delay (nice and it does the job, sort of like the Alter Ego, but it's not very ruggedly made). I tried an Empress tape delay but it wasn't for me. Also had a Aqua Puss which was a good, warm analog delay but the Memphis Sun does the rockabilly slap better. Had two different versions of the Visual Sound Tap Delay which again were quite nice sounding but in the end a bit big for my pedalboard. And finally the Digitech DL-8, which I foolishly sold as it was a super nice, well built general purpose delay (easily as good as the Canyon). I briefly had a Rocktron Short Timer delay which was cool in its own way (probably should have kept it) but a bit big and not all that exciting. Oh, and I also had a TC Nova delay which sounded great but was a bit of a pain to dial in. And so it goes...:confused::confused::confused:

Parttime and Shroudy like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice