Paul Johnson Surf Tribute Album

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by drmilktruck, Apr 12, 2019.

1. drmilktruck

drmilktruck Gretschified

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    I just got my copy of the Paul Johnson tribute/fundraiser album, Stand Up Stand For P.J.

Paul Johnson is a surf guitar pioneer, best known for writing Mr Moto when he was in the Bel Airs. He's released solo albums as well and has played with the Surfaris since 1990. Unfortunately he's been diagnosed with cancer and a group of his friends recorded a tribute album as well played some fundraising shows.

[​IMG]

Teisco Del Rey (Dan Forte) produced the CD and organized the benefit concert.

Here's his album opener:

To order a copy for yourself, either send a check for $20 (shipping included) to Dan Forte, 211 W. Columbia St., Weatherford, TX 76086 (make it out to "Dan Forte F.B.O. Paul Johnson"), or PayPal $20 to teiscomerch@gmail.com

Screen Shot 2019-04-12 at 6.26.26 PM.png

audept, blueruins and reverb11 like this.
  2. Synchro

Synchro The artist formerly known as: Synchro Staff Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson
    Admin Post
    Somehow I missed this post. Paul Johnson contributed a lot, from Mr Moto, which he wrote at the age of 16, to some of his more recent work. I recommend his music wholeheartedly.

drmilktruck and blueruins like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice