Panther, Broadcaster, Falcon differences?

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by Jrgtr, Jan 11, 2020.

1. Robbie

Robbie Country Gent

Jun 17, 2013
    Sarnia Ontario Canada
    Who did the Pick-guard for you? I’ve been thinking about putting a tortoise shell guard and truss rod cover on mine.

2. audept

audept Senior Gretsch-Talker

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    Setzer Signs (forum member Paul Setzer) It's solid red tortoise, a custom order.

Robbie likes this.
  3. larryb

larryb Gretschified

Oct 29, 2012
    Greenville, SC
    I would snag a red Panther in a heartbeat! Love yours:cool:

audept likes this.
  4. larryb

larryb Gretschified

Oct 29, 2012
    Greenville, SC
    You will have to share that one...:eek:

5. stiv

stiv Country Gent

Sep 12, 2014
    Florence, Italy
    I'm no Panther expert but my Rally looks very similar in all the features... body size and thickness, small f-holes, Bigsby.
    I'm wondering if putting some Filtertrons on my Rally will make it sound like a Panther.

6. nickurso

nickurso Gretschified

Dec 24, 2012
    New Orleans la.
    The panther is a very unique guitar, they got it right with this one

stiv likes this.
  7. Aymara

Aymara Friend of Fred

Jul 6, 2013
    Germany
    Except the cheap stock bridge, but everything else was perfect. Unbelievable they replaced it with the Broadkaster.

nickurso likes this.
  8. nickurso

nickurso Gretschified

Dec 24, 2012
    New Orleans la.
    I agree I think the panther was perfect and it is sad to see they stopped production

9. LA Miles

LA Miles Country Gent

Dec 6, 2012
    UPSTATE NY
    But.... should make an easy sale at a respectable price if we Panther owners ever to need to sell. It is a crying shame to see the depressed prices used Pro-lines are commanding

audept and nickurso like this.
  10. nickurso

nickurso Gretschified

Dec 24, 2012
    New Orleans la.
    I agree

11. Tony65x55

Tony65x55 Gretschified

Sep 23, 2011
    The 'Shwa, Ontario, Canada
    Well, it wasn't just the Panther that broke my left hand. Tavo helped too.

I was sick, really sick. Perishing with the flu and hoping the good Lord would take me so the misery would end quickly.

I had a head full of antihistamines, two doses of Neo-Citron, some antibiotics and a couple of significant doses of fine Canadian whisky. I was sitting my little jam room playing my Panther because that always makes me feel better.

I may have been writing a blues song. I got to the "I woke up one morning" part and I wondered why my whole world was green.

I was very confused. I like green but usually my eyes see other colours too. My confusion was ended when a jet of pain shot up my left arm from my hand. At that point I realized that the green I was seeing was the carpet in my jam room and that my face was pressed against it.

I also realized - with horror - that my beautiful Panther was underneath me. I had passed out stone cold with the Panther in my arms. I bolted upright and checked over my beautiful Panther, sure that I had done some significant damage to it.

But...nope...nada...not even a tiny mark. She totally survived by sacrificing my left hand to the gods that protect fools.

I landed with my left hand wrapped around the neck of my Panther and the guitar had broken the deadly fall into the corner of my Atomic Brain by using the back of my left hand to cushion the blow between the hard maple neck and the durable, made-to-last-forever casing of Tavo's love child.

Blood was much in evidence and my hand was really hurt. I went to the doctor and they x-rayed my hand. As you might expect, the blow had broken the little bitty bones in the back of my hand. The doc said that all I could really do was let it heal.

I could still play but it hurt. I continued gigging and it healed up pretty well. It doesn't bother me much.

This happened a couple of years ago. I took this pic today and you can still see the scar where my Panther and my Atomic Brain conspired to teach me a lesson.

scar.jpg

new6659 and larryb like this.
  12. larryb

larryb Gretschified

Oct 29, 2012
    Greenville, SC
    Dang....can you imagine if that was a Gibson? So glad you and your Panther are alive and well...thanks for sharing....and pics arent always necessary:p;)

Tony65x55 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice