Pac 402 git's a P90.

Discussion in 'Other Cool Guitars' started by wildeman, Jan 1, 2019.

1. wildeman

wildeman Gretschified

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    I put this in the Tiki Tele thread but that's one of the one's that don't come up. Routed in this Epi P90 that i put A2 mags in, as Eman said cutting the guard was the hardest part. I bought a cool little router base for my Dremel and went at it. It sounds lovely wired out of phase. 20190101_131128.jpg

2. Beardog

Beardog Country Gent

Apr 15, 2018
    Nova Scotia
  3. wildeman

wildeman Gretschified

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    Very sensitive to amp settings, trying to find the balance between ice pick and mud. Perhaps some pot/cap fiddling is in order.

4. wildeman

wildeman Gretschified

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    I'm open to wiring suggestions btw:) it's stock in there right now, 250k pots,.022 cap. I know a Gibbo P90 guitar would have 500k's and a .047 so not sure how to do this, one thing i absolutely do not need is more high end outta the bridge pickup.

5. wildeman

wildeman Gretschified

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    Ok, i found what i need to do if anybody's interested. Basically it needs the 500k tone pot to brighten up the P90, then you tame down the treble of the bridge pickup with a resistor. It also, obviously will require a 4 position switch. Screenshot_2019-01-02-03-22-24-1.png

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice