Ordered a DeLisle 15P

Discussion in 'Ampage Area' started by dan P, Aug 20, 2009.

1. mugsy

mugsy Synchromatic

Nov 3, 2008
    Indiana
    Thank you for the feedback, Mr. Smith :) It was a privilege to work for you. And I'm glad you like the amp :D

2. mugsy

mugsy Synchromatic

Nov 3, 2008
    Indiana
    The 15P is now available with reverb. Dan, you mentioned reverb some time ago. I can retrofit it to your amp with a rear-mounted control panel.

3. dan P

dan P Country Gent

Jul 21, 2008
    Kansas City
  4. dan P

dan P Country Gent

Jul 21, 2008
    Kansas City
    as crummy as I feel Jer, you just made my day........

5. dan P

dan P Country Gent

Jul 21, 2008
    Kansas City
    untill I read the I....I would rather you fly here and do it, than have to send that back, just price the kit and I will install...k?

6. workknot

workknot Country Gent

Feb 15, 2009
    Brainerd, Minnesota
    Dan & Jer: I still plan on putting a few sound clips on the forum, just have been procrastinating a bit much this winter. Synchro is making me some clips for the bridges website and when I get that in place I will put the deLise clips on there also.
    Pop's

7. mugsy

mugsy Synchromatic

Nov 3, 2008
    Indiana
    It's not actually a kit. I will need to do some additional chassis work, modify (or remake) the rear cover panel, install the tank, and of course some wiring. Reverb is a $200 option on a new build. I'll do the retrofit for that, too. And, if you get it to me, I'll send it back on my dime.

Sounds good to me, Wayne :)

8. workknot

workknot Country Gent

Feb 15, 2009
    Brainerd, Minnesota
    Finally as promised, I managed to stumble through a couple minutes of playing with a backing track and recorded it. Please excuse my humble picking style and mistakes in this clip but it does represent a fairly good idea of how my deLisle 15P amp sounds. The amp clip is on the link below. When it opens, go to the bottom right corner of the page and give a listen. Thanks to Mugsy again for a fine job on the amp.
    Pop's
    http://www.comptonbridges.com/soundclips

9. mugsy

mugsy Synchromatic

Nov 3, 2008
    Indiana
    I dig it, Wayne :) You had my toe tapping.

I posted a link to the clip under your review on our site.

10. Wayne, I have always enjoyed listening to you play (okay, small sample at last year's NW Jam, and now the samples on the comp comp site...), and the bridges sound good and interestingly varied. Nice to hear the comparison. The Delisle sound great, too! I need to measure the bridge on the Armstrong!

11. workknot

workknot Country Gent

Feb 15, 2009
    Brainerd, Minnesota
    Thanks mugsy, I just turn to putty when trying to record something. Don't know what there is about it. Don't usually have a problem playing live, but the recorder or a movie camera has always had an effect on me. :eek:
    Pop's