Old Gretsch amps

Discussion in 'Ampage Area' started by j.s.c, Jul 23, 2019.

1. j.s.c

j.s.c Country Gent

Aug 19, 2008
    france
    I found these three little old amps on an evilbay japanese store. I never saw these old ones before :

https://www.ebay.fr/itm/Gretsch-GAD...357679?hash=item42039b672f:g:23gAAOSwrlddEv4Q

https://www.ebay.fr/itm/Gretsch-CAR...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

https://www.ebay.fr/itm/Gretsch-Gad...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yukimajo, CousinWarsh, Merc and 4 others like this.
  2. thunder58

thunder58 I Bleed Orange

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Very cool

pmac11 likes this.
  3. Ricochet

Ricochet I Bleed Orange

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    I’m gonna echo Rich, tres cool!

pmac11 likes this.
  4. afire

afire Country Gent

The Carousel is a small SS amp, and the Gadabout is an even smaller SS amp that can be run on a battery, I think one of those big lantern type batteries.

5. wabash slim

wabash slim Friend of Fred

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    1700 and 1800 Euros? I want some of what they're smoking. Roughly $2K each for '60s transistor amps with shipping? Located in Japan, but the ads are in French. Not sketchy at all.

CAVEAT EMPTOR!!!

Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
    5120mantis, larryb, Waxhead and 2 others like this.
  6. loudnlousy

loudnlousy Friend of Fred

Oct 18, 2015
    Hildesheim, Germany
    These prices are totally crazy.

7. j.s.c

j.s.c Country Gent

Aug 19, 2008
    france
    Swap ebay.fr in the address url by ebay.com and you will have it in english & $$$. Prices are crazy for transistor amps. But as they're probably quite rare, the seller took his chance.

8. Waxhead

Waxhead Country Gent

Aug 30, 2014
    Australia

ehehehe be interesting to see if this guys sells these little pieces of poo.
    There wouldn't even be any parts you could salvage out of these dinosaurs :)

Now I can understand the vintage guys getting excited over these but really .... they don't even look good and probly weigh a ton :)

9. wabash slim

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    They look like they don't weigh much. Cab's thin, and there aren't any large transformers or heavy speakers. The battery pack would be the heaviest part. The knobs might come in handy.

10. wabash slim

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    That would require more interest than I actually have. It does show that these guys are just fishing everywhere and anywhere for a sucker. The reason these are rare is because they're not any good. '60s small transistor amps were terrible when new, and didn't age well.

Waxhead and MotorCentaur like this.
  11. Waxhead

Waxhead Country Gent

Aug 30, 2014
    Australia
    ok but everything made in the 1950s weighed a ton or more .... :)

wabash slim likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice